Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 06:50 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoeris
Congrats with the order!

Very curious what triggered you for taking the RWS, did you testdrive with and without? Because the RWS only works at real low speeds I am in doubt if I will ever notice except for when parking in narrow spaces which I don't do that often. Ofcourse it also works at high speeds, but the Panamera is such a stable car that I don't see any performance issues without the RWS.

Also, are you sure about the 14 way seats as a spirited driver? In my current Cayenne I have the 18 way seats and I love how they embrace the body contours when properly adjusted. Still in doubt if I spec them on the Panamera because I like the design more of the 14 way than the 18 way.

I will sign my order the forthcoming month, also for dec delivery, so very eager to learn about others findings. The demo car in my PC has all the drive aids, which I don't care for, but sadly non of the performance upgrades :/
Hey Yoeris! Sorry for the late reply, been out of town. I spec'd the RWS because essentially I was uncertain I would be happy without it, didn't have time to return to the dealership to try it out, and didn't want to mess up my build by optioning it too late. From all the videos Ive seen, its suppose to be amazing technology, but Im actually going to the dealership either Thursday or Saturday to test drive the RWS and the Porsche innodrive. Ill try to post a video of me doing it and maybe trying to parallel park in a tight spot or something. Hopefully will notice a difference but if not Im gonna un-spec it if I can.

Im also interested in just the lane keep assist, maybbbbbe innodrive. Ive tried LKA out on my fathers jag xe and its awful. I mean it works but its so jerky and you kind of end up bouncing in-between the lane until finally the steering alarms and tells you to steer yourself. Its literally useless and annoying. What has the community noticed? Am I wrong about this, cause that was essentially why I didn't spec innodrive. The functionality was just miserable on other cars Ive tested it on. Did Porsche master it?

For all the ppl asking about discount, I would say in the states esp east coast, 5% is bare minimum I would do (on non-special addition), if they say no go some where else or contact an autobroker (did this for the m4 I had).
Old 08-03-2017, 07:27 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default sport exhaust

any news on the sound file for the sports exhaust ob the 4 e hybrid, somebody from the facebook community promised recently?
ig everything works out fine, i can post it by myself in 3 weeks time ;-)seems to be quiet here in the forum die to holiday season ;-)
Old 08-03-2017, 02:29 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

The sport exhaust sound video was posted by Christos Konstantinou on Facebook (Porsche Panamera Group). I turned up the sound on my computer but I have to say I wasn't very impressed. It didn't sound much different from the stock exhaust on the E-Hybrid. Glad I didn't spend the extra money.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:38 AM
911topanamera
Instructor

found the link:

Facebook Post

not that impressive from what I can tell... call me crazy but is he sure this is sports exhaust and not sports tailpipes.. Theres a part of the video around 0:13 where he is at 6500 rpm and lifts of the gas, its really surprising you wouldn't hear any cracks or pops at this point. Maybe the audio just sucks but Im not sure I believe it or maybe just insulated well.

Guess I'll find out in December.. hope its worth it
Old 08-04-2017, 04:49 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really do not think that is the actual Sports Exhaust - sounds exactly like mine. Maybe the "Sports Pipes" which is obviously different as you say.

If you can contact, ask him to take a picture of the "Drive" PCM screen and then we can see. Not worth the £3k retrofit if this is the result!!
Old 08-04-2017, 05:00 AM
Yoeris
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
I really do not think that is the actual Sports Exhaust - sounds exactly like mine. Maybe the "Sports Pipes" which is obviously different as you say.

If you can contact, ask him to take a picture of the "Drive" PCM screen and then we can see. Not worth the £3k retrofit if this is the result!!
actually you can see the sports exhaust in the LED screen on the right (next to pasm). But I am not impressed with this video, I think its too compressed or low quality. You will have to find out irl.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:08 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Wow, you're right. I found my go pro mounts so will start playing around with that in due course.

OK let's not judge on the basis of this...more evidence required!!
Old 08-04-2017, 05:23 AM
Yoeris
Advanced

If that is THE sound then I wont bother fitting it as an option, but I heard other videos on the outside which are much better.

sadly my current plan to order a panamera has been put on hold because our government is planning on a new fiscal regime for taxing "fake hybrids" and no one knows what they will do with it.
They call it fake hybrids because of the heavy luxury cars and low battery capacity so they assume that everybody still drive it as a regular car and the manufacturer CO2 is not correct in real life.

Bad times for car enthusiasts... And heads up for the other countries, they might copy the jealously and greediness of my country...
Old 08-04-2017, 11:38 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Can you link the videos?

Wow, that is really outrageous! It has very similar range, if not better, than all other PHEVs and so must just be political nonsense. I have no doubt that if Corbyn ever gets in...anyway this is not the forum for political debate!!
Old 08-05-2017, 02:30 AM
911topanamera
Instructor

Well that pretty disappointing. For 3500$ it better sound better than that in real life.

Wish we had better videos. even the one on the Porsche usa website for the 4s sounds a lot better. And that engine has bigger turbos which would most likely correlate with a worse exhaust note.

Why isn't it December yet!!
Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Yoeris
Advanced

Originally Posted by 911topanamera
Well that pretty disappointing. For 3500$ it better sound better than that in real life.

Wish we had better videos. even the one on the Porsche usa website for the 4s sounds a lot better. And that engine has bigger turbos which would most likely correlate with a worse exhaust note.

Why isn't it December yet!!
I can ease everyone's mind
I testdrove a new Panamera e-Hybrid today with the sports exhaust equipped and it sounds great!!

The moment you press the sport exhaust button the exhaust note changes, even in idle. It screams more when you rev up but the greatest difference is when you release the throttle the exhaust starts to "gargle"

I also pulled the decision of ordering an e-hybrid because I got a great offer on the Cayenne and discount on the Panamera. It will be already delivered in October
Old 08-08-2017, 01:36 PM
ajriches01
Racer

wow, congratulations! This is excellent news (apart from for my bank balance).

A video would have said a thousand words
Old 08-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Yoeris
Advanced

Originally Posted by ajriches01
wow, congratulations! This is excellent news (apart from for my bank balance).

A video would have said a thousand words
Well I thought the above video was mediocre quality, but I never expected it too sound this good.

I also think it is very hard to capture without professional equipment, but it put a smile to my face and noone would ever expect that you are driving a hybrid

I suggest that you contact your dealer and ask if he has any Panamera equipped with this option for a test drive, only then you can compare if it's worth the money. But when ordering new I wouldn't flinch.

Will post specs of my order soon
Old 08-09-2017, 04:40 AM
ajriches01
Racer

It's now saying availability from 02/2018 on the Tequipment page. Will appreciate the difference more after so long I guess.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:55 AM
Yoeris
Advanced

So this will be my order, already sheduled for delivery in october (september build). This because it was a stock order for their showroom, but they altered the order to my specification So I will be on the road very soon, can't wait

Panamera 4 e-hybrid
Jet Black
Black full leather interior
20" Panamera Turbo wheels painted in gloss black with colored Porsche crests
14 way seats
Sportdesign package high gloss black
Matrix headlights
Surround view
Panorama roof
Privacy glass
Rear wheel steering
Sport exhaust gloss black