Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:37 PM
hymo1200
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds very much connected to the Software issue, otherwise I can't understand that later production dates are not affected at all.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:51 PM
Yoeris
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911topanamera
My order is accepted all! Its gonna be a nov build for a dec arrival. Super excited

Few changes... remember when I said I wasnt going to do sports exhaust or RWS... yea I caved. I was out driving the 911 downshifting with the windows down and the crackles just made me too happy. I figured I would just be safe than sorry and it is "only" 2500 more..

I decided to go with the RWS cause I'm a more spirited driver and would love to have the most performance on it. Im also going from a 911 to a panamera- a much bigger car so I'd like the drive to reflect a sports car as much as possible.. Im also a fool and allowing Porsche to take my money.

Question for owners tho: what discount were you all able to obtain? I negotiated 7% and with the new tax credit expected to be $6,753 (PFS is talking to IRS right now, but should be accepted by end of august) I got close to 15k off sticker. Was wondering what you all thought or if you got more or less.

I attached my final build too, the only thing is, i do love these rims but wondering if i should switch to other 21s in high gloss black. those look great too ahhh

---------

sorry about the curb thor! always bound to happen

anybody have pics of the storage package? thx!
Congrats with the order!

Very curious what triggered you for taking the RWS, did you testdrive with and without? Because the RWS only works at real low speeds I am in doubt if I will ever notice except for when parking in narrow spaces which I don't do that often. Ofcourse it also works at high speeds, but the Panamera is such a stable car that I don't see any performance issues without the RWS.

Also, are you sure about the 14 way seats as a spirited driver? In my current Cayenne I have the 18 way seats and I love how they embrace the body contours when properly adjusted. Still in doubt if I spec them on the Panamera because I like the design more of the 14 way than the 18 way.

I will sign my order the forthcoming month, also for dec delivery, so very eager to learn about others findings. The demo car in my PC has all the drive aids, which I don't care for, but sadly non of the performance upgrades :/
Old 07-27-2017, 04:54 PM
Yoeris
Advanced

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
It appears from his wording "Panamera 4 E-Hybrid units with production dates in August or later correctly show the anticipated production time line" that they believe they will have the problem(s) fixed before they restart production after the shutdown, but that may or may not be the case. We will just have to wait and see what happens. So far my dealer has not been able to determine the cause of the delay.
My dealer delivered 20 Panamera's in mid-july because of the delay, half were normally scheduled for delivery in june, but because of fixed software issues they all came at once.

So normally it should be over by now?
Old 07-28-2017, 01:41 AM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Yoeris,
Were these e-Hybrids? Were they 2017 models or 2018?
Old 07-28-2017, 03:07 AM
soCali
Track Day

how did you guys ask for the 7 percent discount? Which dealership in cali? I'm in la area and would like to order one also.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:43 AM
Yoeris
Advanced

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Yoeris,
Were these e-Hybrids? Were they 2017 models or 2018?
All e-hybrids yes, well if delivery was scheduled for June I assume that they were still 2017 models? Don't know for sure though, dealer told me that a software update was the reason for the delay so maybe it is even across both MY's?
Old 07-28-2017, 06:29 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are no delays. Have faith - they will build it and it will come .

I thought about you lot this morning while reversing into a very tight car park space (small space and small in front). You don't need RWS...it is noticeably better than my X6 (not saying much but still) and unless you are tracking the car I cannot see it making a material difference. Anyway, people probably say you don't need the rear seat entertainment so it is each to their own!
Old 07-28-2017, 03:06 PM
Porschedelight
1st Gear

Good day whit is the color of the Panamera a type of dark gray or the "midnight blue?

Cheers
Old 07-30-2017, 08:27 AM
Yoeris
Advanced

Now I am 99% sure about my current build Will probably sign the order next week for delivery in december.
Added RWS because I don't want to regret not taking it afterwards, and soft-close for the luxury sake of it. Also full carbon inside (except steering wheel because I don't like the feel/design of it).

I will have the Turbo rims painted black on delivery, I want to go full black with this one :P

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJD96PZ5
Old 07-31-2017, 04:29 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Dark grey - the shiny finish reflects whatever is around it.

Yoeris - looking great. Kept the calipers green to show off the hybrid? Quite staggering how much it costs where you are...I had specced a really nice Turbo for £130k.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:41 AM
Yoeris
Advanced

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Dark grey - the shiny finish reflects whatever is around it.

Yoeris - looking great. Kept the calipers green to show off the hybrid? Quite staggering how much it costs where you are...I had specced a really nice Turbo for £130k.
Thanks I thought to give the acid green a try, might look nice on full black. Worst case scenario I will have them painted red.

And yeah I don't understand why the price difference is that huge, do you have any taxes in the U.K. that are not included in the sale price? Anyhow purchasing in the U.K. doesn't seem possible, I could try in Germany but the price difference there is not that big (maybe 10.000 euro) but I don't like the fuss about it
Old 07-31-2017, 04:47 AM
ajriches01
Racer

No - we have VAT but that was included in my healthy build of £107k.

Anyway - don't focus on the negative!
Old 07-31-2017, 05:20 AM
Yoeris
Advanced

Originally Posted by ajriches01
No - we have VAT but that was included in my healthy build of £107k.

Anyway - don't focus on the negative!
Ok so nothing different then, can't understand why they are so cheap over there, it's not that you guys earn less :P.

But since I don't live there it's off the table and not worth thinking about
Old 07-31-2017, 05:26 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

it's good to know that the larger cup holder is designed for the finer things in life....

The following users liked this post:
misterzero (03-04-2022)
Old 07-31-2017, 02:22 PM
ajriches01
Racer

Nice! I feel like it should cool the bottle also, but you cannot have everything.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread