Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 12:40 PM
Matril01
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Random question...when you're about to exit the car and turn off the key, the music stays on until I open the drivers door, at which point the music stops. Is there a way to have the music turn off when I turn off the ignition (and before I open the door)?
Old 10-28-2019, 12:53 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if there is a setting for this, but I would suggest a simple pressing of the Mute button on the left side of the steering wheel would do the trick.

Update. My Bad..... after posting, I tried the mute button after the key was turned off and the radio did not mute. Apparently the mute button is not functional with the key off. Sorry.

Last edited by Pana TJ; 10-29-2019 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Idea didn't work
Old 11-04-2019, 02:46 AM
sturmfan7
2nd Gear

Default Facelift Panamera (2020)

Hey guys, in the last weeks I read all posts of this thread because I am planning to get a new Panamera ST 4e Hybrid soon (first time Porsche buyer coming from a Skoda Octacia VRS). Actually my config was already finished when I read stuff about an upcoming facelift for the Panamera in 2020. As I do not want to buy such an expensive car just to see a new model coming 2-3 months after I got mine I wanted to ask if anyone of you guys have heard something? My Porsche sales rep here in Austria is not really helpful as he just keeps saying that they are the last ones to get updates about facelifts as they would not be able to sell honestly in his opinion....
Thank you for all opinions
Old 11-04-2019, 11:48 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Servus

the big changes happen over summer when the factory changes the model year. It seems that July/August is the cut-off date. So if a facelift is going to come, then only as of a production September 2020.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:55 PM
speed77
Racer

Received 292 Likes on 141 Posts

Honestly the changes seem very subtle and from what's been exposed of the rear-end, I seem to prefer the version I have now 18 hybrid. I would take a look and ask your dealer what they know about the updates and make a decision.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:50 PM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

As mentioned above subtle styling changes inside and outside but not dramatic (the big money was spent on the Taycan and 992 debuts) Maybe upgrade to PCM 5.0 as in the new Cayenne but not a huge differences. I was in the same situation as you are; wait for the refresh or try an get the best price on a current car. The only thing I really cared about was the rumors about the hybrid battery increasing in size. I doubt it will happen. I think the rumors were an increase from 14kw to 21k-24kw battery.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:04 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Oliver Blume indicated in an Australian interview last February that the Porsche PHEV battery-pack capacity would be increased by about 25%-30% next year, meaning from 14 to 17.3 kWh (a specific figure that has been reported by Autogefuehl on YouTube for the Audi PHEV for 2020). This should increase the all-electric range from 20-25 miles (US) to about 23-30 miles in real-world driving.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:45 PM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
Oliver Blume indicated in an Australian interview last February that the Porsche PHEV battery-pack capacity would be increased by about 25%-30% next year, meaning from 14 to 17.3 kWh (a specific figure that has been reported by Autogefuehl on YouTube for the Audi PHEV for 2020). This should increase the all-electric range from 20-25 miles (US) to about 23-30 miles in real-world driving.
tha k you for posting this. Even smaller capacity increases than I though I had read. Still a welcome improvement.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:24 PM
sturmfan7
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by cometguy
thanks for posting this. I dont mind the minor interior or exterior changes. The main reason I thought about waiting for the facelift is the battery capacity increase! Gotta check out that video from Autogefühl later this week!
Old 11-05-2019, 04:44 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Use any minor changes as leverage to get a better price on the outgoing model.

My Panamera went completely apes**t on Saturday. It was extremely wet with a lot of water being kicked up on the road. The fans started to change speed all by themselves going up to full speed and the heating to "Hi" temperature. None of the centre console controls worked nor would the saved memory buttons on the door. The smart headlights went into dumb mode and the recuperative braking and gearchange became very jerky. The battery cooling fan came on, with a loud whining noise. The rear doors would not unlock and had to be opened from the inside. A number of turn off's of the main power control seemed to improve matters somewhat but it was not until I did a factory reset on the PCM (retaining personal settings) that everything started to behave properly again. I have also had on two separate occasions recently, the warning come up on the right hand info dial, that E power was not available (the traction battery was nearly full on both occasions) and the engine needed service as soon as possible, even though it has just been serviced. Again this cleared with a switch off and on again.

Given all the foregoing, it is obvious all is not well in the software/firmware/hardware electronic suite of the car and it is going back to the dealer later this month for further investigations.

Wilson
The following users liked this post:
TaraFirma (11-05-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 04:19 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
Use any minor changes as leverage to get a better price on the outgoing model.

My Panamera went completely apes**t on Saturday. It was extremely wet with a lot of water being kicked up on the road. The fans started to change speed all by themselves going up to full speed and the heating to "Hi" temperature. None of the centre console controls worked nor would the saved memory buttons on the door. The smart headlights went into dumb mode and the recuperative braking and gearchange became very jerky. The battery cooling fan came on, with a loud whining noise. The rear doors would not unlock and had to be opened from the inside. A number of turn off's of the main power control seemed to improve matters somewhat but it was not until I did a factory reset on the PCM (retaining personal settings) that everything started to behave properly again. I have also had on two separate occasions recently, the warning come up on the right hand info dial, that E power was not available (the traction battery was nearly full on both occasions) and the engine needed service as soon as possible, even though it has just been serviced. Again this cleared with a switch off and on again.

Given all the foregoing, it is obvious all is not well in the software/firmware/hardware electronic suite of the car and it is going back to the dealer later this month for further investigations.

Wilson
I was just reading this: https://thenewstack.io/how-software-...an-just-a-car/ - Wow, I thought I had problems with my car. Good luck Wilson, please keep us up to date.

-- Mike
Old 11-07-2019, 08:11 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by MKC91
I was just reading this: https://thenewstack.io/how-software-...an-just-a-car/ - Wow, I thought I had problems with my car. Good luck Wilson, please keep us up to date.

-- Mike
Hi Mike,

I added my "tuppence-worth" as a comment to that article on Porsche Software. I keep hoping to shame Porsche into some effective action but it seems like "water off a duck's back."

Wilson
Old 11-07-2019, 02:58 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
Hi Mike,

I added my "tuppence-worth" as a comment to that article on Porsche Software. I keep hoping to shame Porsche into some effective action but it seems like "water off a duck's back."

Wilson
Hey Wilson,

Nice comments. I'm not sure which is worse, the software issues you have or the quality control ones that I have reported so far.
- Exterior passenger window glass scratched
- Headliner coming appart
- Paint chipping off inside of my black exhaust tips after less than 6 months of ownership
- Charge port door loose

For you, let's hope the "Windows 98" software update is better. :-)

-- Mike
The following users liked this post:
Wilson Laidlaw (11-08-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 02:42 PM
user 8298308
Banned

Received 688 Likes on 400 Posts

I'm casually looking around at 2018 e-hybrids that are still on lots. One question: I see some cars that have flipped from "new" to "used" or "CPO" in the past few months, and carfax doesn't indicate that the vehicles have been registered or titled. These cars are being offered at steep discounts with just a few thousand miles on the odometer.

Is this a common practice - to transition to used or CPO status after so many loaner or test miles?

Also, in those cases, will the US federal tax credit still apply? My understanding is that the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin needs to be handed over in order for the tax credit to be valid, as only the first titled owner to take possession can claim the credit.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:11 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronjb_ME
I'm casually looking around at 2018 e-hybrids that are still on lots. One question: I see some cars that have flipped from "new" to "used" or "CPO" in the past few months, and carfax doesn't indicate that the vehicles have been registered or titled. These cars are being offered at steep discounts with just a few thousand miles on the odometer.

Is this a common practice - to transition to used or CPO status after so many loaner or test miles?

Also, in those cases, will the US federal tax credit still apply? My understanding is that the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin needs to be handed over in order for the tax credit to be valid, as only the first titled owner to take possession can claim the credit.
My understanding is that only the original buyer can claim federal and state rebates/credits. It would be good to question the dealer if they took temporary ownership so that they could claim the federal tax credit (and/or state rebates, if any) to help offset the fact that they couldn't sell the car; it might also have been used as a demo model, or even a service loaner. How many miles are on those that you're looking at?

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread