it's indeed chalk!
Very nice colour!
Old 12-28-2018, 07:47 AM
pietpara
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rear wiper automatic

Originally Posted by cometguy
louver, there are other such bugs that have been reported in recent months, as well. Several of us confirmed that the option to have the rear wiper turn on automatically when backing up (a so-called option in the menu, anyway) does not work. Yes, it would be good if there was a venue for reporting directly back to Porsche, and it's bad that Porsche service techs can't even do that.
In my experience the rear wiper only turns on on reversing if rain is detected (probably on the front windscreen).
Have you checked this?
Old 12-28-2018, 07:43 PM
pietpara
Advanced

Default Performance Tuning

Hi,
has anyone got any experience or heard of tuning this Panamera 4 E?
I saw a few options on the web of which this one sounds most interesting, from DTE chiptuning.
https://www.chiptuning.com/en/compan...ip-tuning.html

anybody heard of it or done this or any other tuning?
I'm just curious whether there are any viable options.
Any experiences are welcome.

cheers

Old 12-28-2018, 09:00 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

One more option. These piggy backs are all new, so be careful.

https://www.vividracing.com/ecu-tuni...&class_9=39392

Old 12-29-2018, 04:58 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by pietpara
Hi,
has anyone got any experience or heard of tuning this Panamera 4 E?
I saw a few options on the web of which this one sounds most interesting, from DTE chiptuning.
https://www.chiptuning.com/en/compan...ip-tuning.html

anybody heard of it or done this or any other tuning?
I'm just curious whether there are any viable options.
Any experiences are welcome.

cheers
I would be more than a bit suspicious of these folk, as the information on their ad page is wrong. The ICE motor does not produce 462HP. That is the total power of the ICE and Electric motor running together. The ICE is 330HP and the electric 136HP but a small amount is lost with them both running together, hence 462 total not 466. If the tuning company is careless enough to get that wrong, what else might they have got wrong? I have had good past experience with the UK company DMS on previous 911 Turbo cars, 996 and 997 but the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid is an order of magnitude more complicated than those cars. I might consider a chip when the warranty is fully expired but not before. I also don't like the idea of having a hand controller. Either the tuning company has got it right or wrong. I don't want to have to play about with parameters myself.

Wilson
Old 12-29-2018, 06:24 AM
pietpara
Advanced

That's quite an impressive tuning! Without any experiences it's indeed risky. They also don't offer warranty as some others do, like MTM of which they say it doesn't break the Porsche warranty.
However, MTM does not have tuning for the new Panamera (yet).

https://www.mtm-online.de/en/product...=PanameraFL245

And here's TuningBox, also with some warranty.
https://www.tuningbox.com/en/hybrid-...hybrid-462.htm
Old 12-29-2018, 06:49 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

i am just posting this as a FYI - i contacted this supplier but I can not warrant for the quality nor for the numbers:

https://www.speedart-tuning.de/2008/...a_4_Hybrid.mp4

500 HP + 800nm torque.. 1700€
Old 12-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Look for TUV approval as well. This is a German derived, but now a European inspection standard.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:44 AM
pietpara
Advanced

That's already write a lot of options. But as Wilson says, most are difficult to judge on trustworthiness.
I guess Mansory from Switzerland would be the most established. They have some cool stuff...

http://www.mansory.com/en/range-cars/panamera-971

I wonder if going for a mansory package would increase and preserve the resale value.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:31 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Speedart also have a good reputation. I have sent them a message asking about TUV approval. My personal preference, from excellent past experience, would be to use DMS in the UK, so I have asked them if they are working on a tuning pack.

On a different subject, has anyone tried using the Porsche Universal Charger on different makes of vehicle? There is someone in my village in the UK who has just bought an electric car and is waiting to have a charge-point installed in around two weeks. He was asking if anyone had a charger he could use, paying for the electricity, in the meantime. Mine is only used at night but I would not want to either damage his car or my charger. I am waiting for him to tell me if his vehicle is type 1 or type 2 charging port like the Porsche.

Wilson
Old 12-31-2018, 06:00 AM
ReinoudW
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
Do any Rennlist subscribers in Europe have 2019 Panamera 4 E-Hybrids on order? The news a couple months ago was that production for European owners was stopped indefinitely in September, ostensibly for the newly EU-mandated particulate filters (because of new, more-stringent emissions regulations). An American just posted that he heard that his 2019 Pan4 E-Hybrid has been built and will be shipped soon to Houston, so I'm wondering if they are building for owners outside Europe only, or if they're back to building Porsches for Europe also... I was assuming that the particulate filters are also put into non-European-delivery Porsches, from the Porsche news release, which would also mean EPA certification (and CARB certification) in the US, meaning potential delays for all new Porsches in 2019 in the US.
As posted on this thread I ordered a Sport Turismo 4 e-hybrid end of August in the Netherlands. It is planned to be built week 1-4 of 2019, and if that works out delivery will take place mid-February. I will get confirmation on planned production and delivery dates in the second week of January. Very exciting!
Old 12-31-2018, 12:32 PM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
Speedart also have a good reputation. I have sent them a message asking about TUV approval. My personal preference, from excellent past experience, would be to use DMS in the UK, so I have asked them if they are working on a tuning pack.

On a different subject, has anyone tried using the Porsche Universal Charger on different makes of vehicle? There is someone in my village in the UK who has just bought an electric car and is waiting to have a charge-point installed in around two weeks. He was asking if anyone had a charger he could use, paying for the electricity, in the meantime. Mine is only used at night but I would not want to either damage his car or my charger. I am waiting for him to tell me if his vehicle is type 1 or type 2 charging port like the Porsche.

Wilson
I did - i offered my friend, who has a Range Rover Spor, my porsche charger when he came to visit me - errors everywhere, on his car, on my charger. I would recommend not trying it.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:18 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Really? I've owned a Fiat 500E for 5 years, just for local errands. I use the same cable it came with to charge my 4E-H no problem, and I haven't even taken the charger that came with the Panny out of the trunk since I bought the car.

I just have L1. Dunno about L2.

Oops! I guess the question was whether the Porsche charger can be used with other cars and I reported that I can use a Fiat charger on my Porsche, lol. Such as it is, I thought the word "universal" meant they were all swappable. Interesting...

Last edited by lbcgolf; 12-31-2018 at 07:32 PM. Reason: re-read original question

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread