Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

How do I get the clock to show up all the time?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 04:11 AM
PorscheDaddy
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get the clock to show up all the time?

This is killing me. I just got my Panamera S about 2 months ago and I can't figure out how to get the clock to show up all the time. Ideally, I'd like it to show up on the nav screen in the lower right where the temp is, but I'd be happy if it showed up SOMEWHERE all the time. Maybe I'm missing something...has anyone figured out how to get the clock to show up all the time?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:35 AM
jmm
Advanced

Both the configurable dash dial (one of the options on the right hand dial, accessed by the right thumb roll switch on the steering wheel) and the PCM screen are programmable (check your owner's manual). Once you have programmed them with the display you desire, set them as permanent on the three buttons (set, 1, 2, and off) on the driver's door by touching the off button until the light goes out, touching the set button until you hear a tone while pressing 1 or 2 or both. It should stay the way you set it. However, if you don't have the configurable dial selected or the PCM screen set to something else, you may miss it.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:07 PM
PorscheDaddy
5th Gear

Well, I solved the clock problem, sort of. There's a setting in CAR that allows you to have the chronograph in the center of the dahs (part of the Sport Chrono package) show the time digitally in it's center, and have the orange hand act as a second hand for the digital clock. Viola. I now have a clock all the time.

I've got through the books and still have no idea how to make the main PCM screen show the clock all the time. I managed to get the clock to show up in the secondary gauge in the dash, but it disappears when the map screen comes on (at least most of the time - I did manage to get it to show the clock once on top of the map).

jmm, I'm not sure what you're talking about. I may not have the package that allows the seat memory buttons to save all the settings. did you figure out how to get the clock on all the time?

Any insight is appreciated.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:24 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Clock appears on PCM when you press info button.
Clock appears at the bottom of Multifunction display
Attached Images   
Old 09-26-2010, 01:38 AM
PorscheDaddy
5th Gear

Originally Posted by MJones
Clock appears on PCM when you press info button.
Clock appears at the bottom of Multifunction display
Thanks for the screen shots. The clock appearing when you press info doesn't help because you have to press info to get it to appear. The clock in the multi-function display would solve the problem but it disappears on mine when the map comes on - but only sometimes. I can't figure out why.

Can you get it to appear on the bottom line of the main PCM screen where, say, the temperature is always displayed?

The clock in the chrono solves the problem... it's just bugging me that I can't figure out how to get it to appear all the time anywhere else.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:50 AM
TGED
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those who do not have the sports chrono display, there is no way to get a constant time display. If Porsche is willing, then an easy software upgrade can get the PCM to display the time at the bottom of the screen, together with the temp info etc. When I ordered my Pana 4, I did consider this issue, however, I could not justify spending $2000 just to get a clock, since I really don't have much use of the sports chrono package. The new Cayenne does have the option of getting a compass display, I believe it does include a time display, the gauge sits on top of the dash, just like the sports chrono gauge, the cost is about $500. I wish Porsche would make this option available on the Pana and I can retro fit it.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:04 AM
dhh
3rd Gear

Here was my solution - posted originally in 6speedonline.com

My most useful mod...Dash Clock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - this is a silly post but my most useful. Depending on the screens you have up on the car there are no clocks displayed at certain times.

Seeing that I will never use the race timer I decided that would be a great spot for a clock.

The short summary is - buy a Movado Travel Alarm Clock and put a very very very small piece of double back tape on it and stick it onto the bezel of the race timer. Done. It is the exact diameter of the race timer and has a black rubber body so there are no rattles.

Feel like going to the track just pull it off.

$90 on Amazon and eBay.

Here are a few pics.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:39 AM
TGED
Instructor

But since I don't have Sport Chrono, my speaker grille is flat, did you replace your speaker grille? Does the Movado clock glow in the dark?
Old 10-04-2010, 12:20 AM
dhh
3rd Gear

I have the sport chrono package so I have no idea if ou could change the speaker grill - I bet you could.

The clock glows in the dark but also the Luminox travel alram clock fits perfect also and that has tritium hands that light up pretty good
Old 10-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Forgeahead
AutoX

Looks like it was meant for that spot.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:11 AM
TGED
Instructor

If you look at the 911, the sport chrono is a separate pod that sits on the dash. I wonder if I can get the pod(without the chrono meter) only, attach the clock and just use sticky pad to attach the pod on the dash, in front of the speaker grill. This way I don't have to replace the existing speaker grill.

Quick Reply: How do I get the clock to show up all the time?