Panamera 2010-Current

normal - sport and sport plus in a 4S

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default normal - sport and sport plus in a 4S

my dealer has let me drive the loaded 4s i am looking at buying. got it Tuesday and take it back thursday - anyway my real concern with the 4s is that it can seem a bit light on the throttle side.

so i started driving tuesday mostly in normal and sport sometimes. it lets you get used to the car, throttle, engine noise etc. This car has sport exhaust so when you hit it anytime, between the exhaust and the engine sounds it can make one back off the throttle a bit. - car was fun but still seemed a little slow when pinned at the 3,500 rpm range - really needed to be well past 4,500 to feel it. ---- really fun but a bit tardy------------

so tonight i took it out - wanted to fly by some christmas lights etc. i put it in sport plus and comfort pasm to keep it a little higher in the snow/crap on the road. what a difference to the throttle response from the sport mode. i really thought Sport plus was more just a connection to the tranny shift speeds, but it really effects the throttle response too. pin it at 3,600 rpms and the kids heads bob back - the true sign of speed!!

in the end, this 4S is amazing and will likely swap out the GTS in the new year.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
my dealer has let me drive the loaded 4s i am looking at buying. got it Tuesday and take it back thursday - anyway my real concern with the 4s is that it can seem a bit light on the throttle side.

so i started driving tuesday mostly in normal and sport sometimes. it lets you get used to the car, throttle, engine noise etc. This car has sport exhaust so when you hit it anytime, between the exhaust and the engine sounds it can make one back off the throttle a bit. - car was fun but still seemed a little slow when pinned at the 3,500 rpm range - really needed to be well past 4,500 to feel it. ---- really fun but a bit tardy------------

so tonight i took it out - wanted to fly by some christmas lights etc. i put it in sport plus and comfort pasm to keep it a little higher in the snow/crap on the road. what a difference to the throttle response from the sport mode. i really thought Sport plus was more just a connection to the tranny shift speeds, but it really effects the throttle response too. pin it at 3,600 rpms and the kids heads bob back - the true sign of speed!!

in the end, this 4S is amazing and will likely swap out the GTS in the new year.
I can just imagine the whining you'll hear from MM when they preface the trade in value they offer on your GTS ....
Old 12-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

the cayenne doesn't hold it's value worth ****, but i knew that going in - all these things lose $ and today it is worth wholesale if i trade it and MM were easy with that - may roll it through them to a toronto independant though
Old 12-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

some pic's of the car before going back today
Attached Images   
Old 12-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

i think the 18" snows look good -

as well - my comments on sport plus do not apply to a turbo imo unless you want launch control or don't like to use the manual mode of the PDK: the turbo is simply a rocket whatever the setting
Old 12-25-2009, 08:50 PM
bdesai7
Instructor

Hey how does that thing drive in the snow in comparison to the other cars you own???
Old 12-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

very controllable in the snow with a strong rear bias so oversteer was easy to initiate more than the gts for some reason - haven't checked the axel split on panamera vs gts

had to use air suspension a few times into parking lots to keep up height etc

importantly no snow build up on the back windows when driving over snowy roads - so in that way very different than the gts
Old 12-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

more pics
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: normal - sport and sport plus in a 4S