Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Chalk Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 03:26 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts
Default Chalk Interior

Greetings forum members - I'm looking at a Turbo ST w/ the chalk interior and looking for any feedback from owners. Is it difficult to keep clean and does it seem to wear well over time?

Thanks for any shared experience

Old 12-02-2022, 04:26 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 239 Likes on 162 Posts

Not hard to clean. Can't comment on the wear - is it new? If not you can probably tell us...how does it look?
Old 12-02-2022, 04:29 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

No, the car is used and I haven't yet seen it in person. Not my first color choice but it's growing on me - all other options on the car are perfect for me.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:42 PM
digs
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

I love a light color interior , I am sure it will wear as good as any other color . I am sure it will get grimy as compared to a dark color . I would not be able to daily drive that color in my case , but as a special car I would not hesitate ! i had a black 928 with the white interior , it was very attractive and at 63k mi it still looked great !
Old 12-02-2022, 05:45 PM
orca15
Pro

My Jeep is four years old and the nearly chalk interior looks great. Maybe just a little worn but barely.

if it looks good when you see it, I’d say go for it. I love how mine looks.

yes I’m a littler more careful with coffee etc than if it was black but the few spills I’ve had wipe up perfectly.
The following users liked this post:
skiracer (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 05:53 PM
Nvrfollow
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Put a nice leather ceramic coating on it. It should help ease the maintenance
Old 12-02-2022, 06:22 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nvrfollow
Put a nice leather ceramic coating on it. It should help ease the maintenance
I didn't realize there are ceramic coatings for leather, will definitely look into it and make sure it doesn't interfere w/ the ventilated seats
Old 12-02-2022, 06:41 PM
Nvrfollow
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by skiracer
I didn't realize there are ceramic coatings for leather, will definitely look into it and make sure it doesn't interfere w/ the ventilated seats
No issues using on the seats. I have it on mine.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:34 PM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Light interiors like this cause reflections in the windshield.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:42 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Panaseeya
Light interiors like this cause reflections in the windshield.
The dash is black.
Old 12-03-2022, 01:34 AM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by skiracer
The dash is black.
I couldn't tell that for sure from the picture, so that would help. But even having an all-black interior I notice annoying reflections from the console at times, so I'm all for as dark as you can get it..
Old 12-03-2022, 02:20 PM
orca15
Pro

I had a black leather dash on my Lexus and the reflection was terrible. The black dash (chalk interior) on my Porsche is flat and has minimal reflection. non-issue.

The chalk interior is not something to turn a car down for, in fact the opposite, they are very elegant. Just spend the extra time to clean it and condition it -which goes for any color, really. I get the occasional muddy dog print on my back seats but it wipes up as well as anything else. No stains after one year (10K) at all. Get some close ups from the seller and straight up ask them to point out any flaws, no matter how small, just so you know. Then tell us what you found out!

Last edited by orca15; 12-03-2022 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:16 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by orca15
I had a black leather dash on my Lexus and the reflection was terrible. The black dash (chalk interior) on my Porsche is flat and has minimal reflection. non-issue.

The chalk interior is not something to turn a car down for, in fact the opposite, they are very elegant. Just spend the extra time to clean it and condition it -which goes for any color, really. I get the occasional muddy dog print on my back seats but it wipes up as well as anything else. No stains after one year (10K) at all. Get some close ups from the seller and straight up ask them to point out any flaws, no matter how small, just so you know. Then tell us what you found out!
Great advice - thanks! They offered a mere pittance for trade-in so my PTT has hit the classified's and is looking for a new home
Old 02-26-2023, 11:45 AM
FormerRotor
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

(Posted in error)

Last edited by FormerRotor; 02-26-2023 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Accidentally posted to wrong thread
Old 02-26-2023, 05:34 PM
coulter
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I have on mine, it was one of thing I almost turned the car down over just because I was scared of the maintenance. But I thought it looked gorgeous and it's also really unique. Most all cars now are black, gray or tan on the inside.

95% of the time, it looks great and it gets lots of compliments. No real issues, I think I was overly worried over nothing.

If I'm being really picky, it does have a slight tint to it on some wear areas, almost a slight tannish color on the driver's seat. You can only really see it in full daylight with the doors open. Otherwise most of the day it looks new. And that's me being real ****. At night, it looks factory fresh with the interior lighting.

I had a previous Lexus where I also had a near white interior that was a sort of oyster color. But what saved it was it was artificial. So literally dawn soap and it could look like new. But you can't do that with real leather on a Porsche. I use a leather cleaner and conditioner and it seems to be fine so far amd seems to have lightened it up, but time will tell.

If I'm being honest though, it would not be my first choice of color, I would have preferred black.
I would not get it if you say transport dogs on a regular basis or you have messy kids that still have spills.
But if you love the color, I wouldn't let some minor maintenance on it keep you from getting it.
I think for 95% of people here, it's a non-issue and will hold up great.

Last edited by coulter; 02-26-2023 at 05:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Nickshu (02-26-2023)

Quick Reply: Chalk Interior