Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2022 | 07:06 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

I am waiting for an allocation for a Panamera Executive Hybrid 2023 because the 2023 is the first in a new series for the Panamera. Lots of cosmetic changes but the dash from the Taycon - all digital is coming, upgraded engines and new electronics etc. most importantly the hybrid will have faster charging batteries and will increase electric range to something beyond 100 miles. This increased range will make the car essentially all electric for most daily errands around town. Worth waiting for and will hold it’s value better than the 2022 which is the last in the current series. The back seats in the Panamera are essentially useless — unless everyone is tiny — the executive also rides better with the longer wheelbase.

Actually I doubt any new allocations will be for 2023 models anyway at this point. My SA says that the configurator will move to 2023 before the end of April and will show new colors, new options and new pricing.
Old 04-23-2022 | 08:02 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Targa32
I am waiting for an allocation for a Panamera Executive Hybrid 2023 because the 2023 is the first in a new series for the Panamera. Lots of cosmetic changes but the dash from the Taycon - all digital is coming, upgraded engines and new electronics etc. most importantly the hybrid will have faster charging batteries and will increase electric range to something beyond 100 miles. This increased range will make the car essentially all electric for most daily errands around town. Worth waiting for and will hold it’s value better than the 2022 which is the last in the current series. The back seats in the Panamera are essentially useless — unless everyone is tiny — the executive also rides better with the longer wheelbase.

Actually I doubt any new allocations will be for 2023 models anyway at this point. My SA says that the configurator will move to 2023 before the end of April and will show new colors, new options and new pricing.
Please provide a reputable source before making such outlandish proclamations!

Where in the world did you get that info that model year 2023 Panameras will have significant cosmetic changes and the hybrids are going to have over 100-mile range? I’m willing to bet that all these things you just said will NOT happen for a model year 2023. No way after 971.2 (refresh) just came out for 2021 model year. That’s not how Porsche model life cycles work.

Also, 100+ mile range LOL!!! The current battery (new for 2021 model with 17.9 kWh) would need to be tripled in size. The Panamera will go all-electric before if comes out with a hybrid that has that large of a battery — we’re talking an extra 1,500 pounds for what you’re saying. Not realistic at all.

Lastly, the regular wheelbase Panamera has plenty of space in the back. I have 6 feet and taller folks sit in the back and they have plenty of space even with front seats comfortably positioned for tall people in the front.

EDIT: configurator usually changes in June since the June-July allocations go into production after the Leipzig factory’s summer break in August and are for the next year’s model year. Also willing to bet that the configurator won’t change by end of April!

Last edited by SS22; 04-23-2022 at 08:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Woofman (04-23-2022)
Old 04-23-2022 | 09:17 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SS22
I wouldn’t rely on a handshake deal. Even if they don’t have an allocation yet, they should give you something in writing even just to let you know that you have a place in line.
Thank you for the advice. I'll see on Monday if the salesman will give me something in writing that at least confirms that I'm on the waitlist for an allocation.

We have a similar situation at a Lexus dealership. My wife was told a few weeks ago that's she's #9 on a waitlist to get a plug-in hybrid NX450h but they also wouldn't take a deposit or give confirmation in writing.

We've bought many new vehicles, have custom ordered several and have always put down deposits and had confirming documentation. I've been wondering if this tactic change is related to the current shortage of new vehicles and if dealerships are no longer willing to commit to deals that they might be able to improve on later.
Old 04-24-2022 | 02:11 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Hey there 22 —-

here you go —-

https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a393...panamera-2023/

Here is another -

and there are lots of other sources as well.

sure looks like the 2023 Panamera will be a new generation - lots of changes and the hybrid will become a “true” hybrid with faster charging and longer range battery system to extend the current less than 20 mile electric range to a much more usable capability.

I have two SA’s I buy new Porsche’s from - different dealers - bought a Targa 4, a Boxster GTS and a GT4 over the last twelve months and will buy a new Panamera and a Gt4-RS before the end of this calendar year. Both will be 2023 model years.

both These gentleman have told me a new allocation - not an assumed one from a cancellation, will almost guaranteed to be a 2023 and both suggested the 2023 configuration change over is due anytime with new options and pricing. My interest is mostly the Panamera Executive - hybrid 2023- model. I owned a Panamera previously - the car is a mid-sized sedan - and there is not a lot of room in the back seats if tall guys are in the front seats and have the seats pushed back like tall guys are prone to do. I also own a 2020 Mercedes S560 and this car has tons more room in the back seats than a standard Panamera. If you want a more super sporty Panamera than the standard Panamera is a fantastic mix-size performance sedan. But if You want a luxury sedan with great performance ability then the Executive edition is a great solution for my needs. I have a garage full of pure performance sports cars and the Executive edition with a longer wheelbase rides smoother and the extra inches are all put in the back seats. If the standard Panamera had luxury S560-S580 rear leg room Porsche would not offer the Executive model would they?

if You have or are getting a 2022 Panamera - do not fret over the updated 2023 Panamera the 2022 is a fantastic car.
Old 04-24-2022 | 02:59 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Woofman
Thank you for the advice. I'll see on Monday if the salesman will give me something in writing that at least confirms that I'm on the waitlist for an allocation.

We have a similar situation at a Lexus dealership. My wife was told a few weeks ago that's she's #9 on a waitlist to get a plug-in hybrid NX450h but they also wouldn't take a deposit or give confirmation in writing.

We've bought many new vehicles, have custom ordered several and have always put down deposits and had confirming documentation. I've been wondering if this tactic change is related to the current shortage of new vehicles and if dealerships are no longer willing to commit to deals that they might be able to improve on later.
Good luck!

Hey there 22 —-

here you go —-

https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a393...panamera-2023/

Here is another -

https://youtu.be/LXY1r1Y5SpY

and there are lots of other sources as well.

sure looks like the 2023 Panamera will be a new generation - lots of changes and the hybrid will become a “true” hybrid with faster charging and longer range battery system to extend the current less than 20 mile electric range to a much more usable capability.

I have two SA’s I buy new Porsche’s from - different dealers - bought a Targa 4, a Boxster GTS and a GT4 over the last twelve months and will buy a new Panamera and a Gt4-RS before the end of this calendar year. Both will be 2023 model years.

both These gentleman have told me a new allocation - not an assumed one from a cancellation, will almost guaranteed to be a 2023 and both suggested the 2023 configuration change over is due anytime with new options and pricing. My interest is mostly the Panamera Executive - hybrid 2023- model. I owned a Panamera previously - the car is a mid-sized sedan - and there is not a lot of room in the back seats if tall guys are in the front seats and have the seats pushed back like tall guys are prone to do. I also own a 2020 Mercedes S560 and this car has tons more room in the back seats than a standard Panamera. If you want a more super sporty Panamera than the standard Panamera is a fantastic mix-size performance sedan. But if You want a luxury sedan with great performance ability then the Executive edition is a great solution for my needs. I have a garage full of pure performance sports cars and the Executive edition with a longer wheelbase rides smoother and the extra inches are all put in the back seats. If the standard Panamera had luxury S560-S580 rear leg room Porsche would not offer the Executive model would they?

if You have or are getting a 2022 Panamera - do not fret over the updated 2023 Panamera the 2022 is a fantastic car.

Lot of speculation in that article. Note, it says “if the car debuts in 2023” which means even if that’s true that would be coming out in late 2023 as a 2024 model year.

You do know the 971.2 Panamera (2021+) gives 34 miles of range on pure EV, right? Not 20. What do you even mean by “faster charging”? My 17.9kw battery on my 2022 charges at 7.2 kw/hr. A full charge takes just over 2 hours at home, which is plenty fast.

Glad to hear you have 2 SAs at 2 dealers and will have 5 Porsches soon. Good for you!

The configuration for the 2023 Panamera which will change over in June will undoubtedly have new pricing and some changes to options/colors. The prices will definitely be higher (I’d expect 3-5% increase in MSRP). But I’d be shocked if rhe 2023 model year for Panamera brings with it a totally new generation with significant cosmetic changes and hybrid models with 100+ miles of range. It just ain’t gonna happen! There’s a lot of stuff out on the Internet. Can’t believe it all.

No doubt Mercedes S class is longer and more spacious than the standard Panamera. It’s just a fact.
Old 04-24-2022 | 05:00 AM
Black_on_black
Instructor

Originally Posted by SS22
Yea, 4 E-Hybrid comes with “single-tube tailpipes” rather than the sports dual-tube. So perhaps turning on the sport exhaust from PCM may not do anything on that. I really don’t know. But if you opted for the sport tailpipes, I know it would make a difference for sure as it does in mind. ,

The configurator suggests that 4 E-Hybrid platinum does get the Porsche crest on the headrests.
Thanks for clarifying, yes normal Pan 4 hybrids get the rectangular exhausts. Platinum, according to my sales rep, adds the quad tailpipes, but not sports exhaust. In the configuration for a normal e hybrid Pan 4, you can option the quad pipes, without sports, so I think that is what it is. Looks like sports exhaust, but isn’t. Sneaky.

re the crests, the photos have them but I did get sent a memo, internal to Porsche Center staff after putting some pressure on, detailing Platinum and whilst there are some errors in it regarding dash trim, and the fact I could not get blacked out headlights in reality (shortages quoted),it does not mention the crests…though the photos in the configurator are very clear and as I understand usually correct. All of this confusion probably a case of Porsche struggling to match specific supply issues with demand.

anyway, not so concerned, if you’ve not bought a Tesla the last 3-4 years this is nothing in comparison, in the Tesla world you order and what shows up is “surprise” you got a Standard RWD, or “surprise” it doesn’t have the battery capacity you thought which we promised you’d get…and before any Tesla fanboys show up, yes this happened twice to me! They got it right the third time 😂 loved it, but it’s not a keeper. Have had my 996 for 11 years, that’s a keeper unless a 997.2 cabrio shows up….
Old 04-24-2022 | 12:08 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Black_on_black
Thanks for clarifying, yes normal Pan 4 hybrids get the rectangular exhausts. Platinum, according to my sales rep, adds the quad tailpipes, but not sports exhaust. In the configuration for a normal e hybrid Pan 4, you can option the quad pipes, without sports, so I think that is what it is. Looks like sports exhaust, but isn’t. Sneaky.

re the crests, the photos have them but I did get sent a memo, internal to Porsche Center staff after putting some pressure on, detailing Platinum and whilst there are some errors in it regarding dash trim, and the fact I could not get blacked out headlights in reality (shortages quoted),it does not mention the crests…though the photos in the configurator are very clear and as I understand usually correct. All of this confusion probably a case of Porsche struggling to match specific supply issues with demand.

anyway, not so concerned, if you’ve not bought a Tesla the last 3-4 years this is nothing in comparison, in the Tesla world you order and what shows up is “surprise” you got a Standard RWD, or “surprise” it doesn’t have the battery capacity you thought which we promised you’d get…and before any Tesla fanboys show up, yes this happened twice to me! They got it right the third time 😂 loved it, but it’s not a keeper. Have had my 996 for 11 years, that’s a keeper unless a 997.2 cabrio shows up….
You’re right, the platinum edition does come with the sport tailpipes which are the dual-tube ones like what I have. If you go to the configurator for the 4E PE, and click on “Standard Equipment,” it shows the sport tailpipes and it also shows the head crest on the seats. I highly recommend trying to get the dealer (or anyone who has the PWIS tester device) to follow the instructions and turn on the sport exhaust option in the PCM for you! For the crest in headrests, the text of the standard equipments clearly state it so even if they want to say the photo is a glitch, they can’t get around the text. I had one configurator issue on mine where I got the 21” sport design wheels and the configurator stated it would come with the colored crest in the center of the wheel (and also showed it if you clicked on the little “i” info button) but the main configurator photo showed it as black & white. I raised this issue with the dealer so they were aware… car arrived with the black & white. The dealer honored what the configurator had said and swapped mine with the colored ones. I realize there’s no easy fix for the seats if the crest is not etched into the headrests when you get the car, but if it doesn’t have it, I’d show them the standard equipment page and get something in return for lacking that option.

Oh boy on your tesla experience. One day we’ll get a Tesla and hopefully by now or by then, they’ve improved!
Old 04-24-2022 | 10:00 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

New generation in 2023 is what my SA from San Diego Porsche told me today in person. Also told me that there regional Porsche rep was in their dealership last week and told them that the configurator will change to 2023 information and pricing on April 27th for all models except the 911. Also said he was told that they will suspend the GT3 model for an unknown period also, maybe releasing a new version -hybrid?

my Sa told me that around 20 miles real world for the current hybrid on electric is typical and that that is if the car is fully charged which in the real world is often not true. But he expects some improvement in charging speed and electric range for the Panamera Hybrid also.

just repeating here what I have been told. Makes sense that a new generation Panamera is due since the current one debuted in 2017 which was seven years ago and the current model is not a high demand car and this also shows in the rapid depreciation- the worst in the Porsche model range. I personally love the design and the features and will definitely order one for 2023 model year - in the executive model for more leg room in the rear. I am 6’3” tall and keep the drivers seat at the extreme rear travel position leaving not a lot of knee room for other large adults. Also hoping for some new fun colors - maybe a few from the Taycon pallets like that metallic light blue color.

let’s see if this happens on April 27th….
Old 04-25-2022 | 12:49 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

New generation in 2023 is what my SA from San Diego Porsche told me today in person. Also told me that there regional Porsche rep was in their dealership last week and told them that the configurator will change to 2023 information and pricing on April 27th for all models except the 911. Also said he was told that they will suspend the GT3 model for an unknown period also, maybe releasing a new version -hybrid?

my Sa told me that around 20 miles real world for the current hybrid on electric is typical and that that is if the car is fully charged which in the real world is often not true. But he expects some improvement in charging speed and electric range for the Panamera Hybrid also.

just repeating here what I have been told. Makes sense that a new generation Panamera is due since the current one debuted in 2017 which was seven years ago and the current model is not a high demand car and this also shows in the rapid depreciation- the worst in the Porsche model range. I personally love the design and the features and will definitely order one for 2023 model year - in the executive model for more leg room in the rear. I am 6’3” tall and keep the drivers seat at the extreme rear travel position leaving not a lot of knee room for other large adults. Also hoping for some new fun colors - maybe a few from the Taycon pallets like that metallic light blue color.

let’s see if this happens on April 27th….
It is correct that a new generation of at least another refresh will come in 2023 calendar year. It will come in late 2023 as a 2024 model year. Thus, Panamera 971.1 will be 2017-2020 model years (typical 4 years for a .1) and Panamera 971.2 will be 2021-2023 (typical 3 years for a .2). 2021 was a refresh. Porsche has never done a refresh for only 2 model years (so far as I know).

You’re SA is DEAD WRONG on the hybrid range. I’ve owned my 2022 Panamera 4S E-Hybrid for almost 5 months now. I always get over 30 miles of range and almost always get the 34 miles of range that Porsche claims. The EPA estimate is flat out inaccurate and false in real world. I’ve measured it many times. I charge it every night in my garage. A couple times a week, I go into my office, which is 31 miles round-trip, in full electric both ways, which involves driving on open roads/streets (some downhill on the way there and uphill on the way back) and freeway driving including a short distance of stop and go traffic and the rest at 65-75 mph. That’s real world for you. 30-35 miles of pure electric range. @orca15 and @Tosa5 could also back me up on how much range they get in their 2022 hybrids. I’m sure it’s not 20 miles (give me a break!).

The following users liked this post:
BlueDogg22 (04-25-2022)
Old 04-25-2022 | 01:41 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Hoping they improve the range from your 30 to 100 plus miles - then it will be much closer to a car that could be used on all electric on many normal days.

my SA is likely quoting the official range number - or perhaps not as diligent at having the car fully charged as well.

The Panamera is a wonderful car - in fact the 2016 Panamera I owned was my favorite sedan that I have ever owned and I regret selling it. Looking forward to getting an order entered in the next several months on another Panamera.

pictures of my last Panamera —

Old 04-25-2022 | 03:06 AM
Black_on_black
Instructor

Thanks @SS22 . You made me go back and double check, the note I have (now printed for safety sake...!) is a Product Marketing Note, which specifies the Platinum Edition to include (translated by me), amongst other items: "Sportsexhaust in black (2 each per side)" as well as "Porsche-shield embossed on headrests at the front and side seats at the rear". So yes it does sound like maybe I get the sports exhaust fully?

Other items I will enjoy, given the Dolomite Silver is completed otherwise blacked out, i.e. the window surrounds, the front wing air outlet is black, exhausts are black and rear Porsche logo is satin black. I think it will look amazing...and not be too impractical in the winter time (as all cars turn matte grey in the slush...).

Likely I was so excited at the time setting the spec I forgot the full details of this note and only remember the porsche config screens online :-D

Last edited by Black_on_black; 04-25-2022 at 03:08 AM.
Old 04-25-2022 | 10:57 AM
jmania401
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Black_on_black
Thanks @SS22 . You made me go back and double check, the note I have (now printed for safety sake...!) is a Product Marketing Note, which specifies the Platinum Edition to include (translated by me), amongst other items: "Sportsexhaust in black (2 each per side)" as well as "Porsche-shield embossed on headrests at the front and side seats at the rear". So yes it does sound like maybe I get the sports exhaust fully?

Other items I will enjoy, given the Dolomite Silver is completed otherwise blacked out, i.e. the window surrounds, the front wing air outlet is black, exhausts are black and rear Porsche logo is satin black. I think it will look amazing...and not be too impractical in the winter time (as all cars turn matte grey in the slush...).

Likely I was so excited at the time setting the spec I forgot the full details of this note and only remember the porsche config screens online :-D
I was also very curious about the sports exhaust on my Panamera 4 PE - I have confirmed that Porsche did away with offering the sports exhaust system on the base and 4 models, we will receive the black quad tips as part of Platinum Edition, but the sports exhaust function in the PCM (and actual exhaust system) does not exist on the 4 unfortunately. I was very sad to hear that they removed it from the configurator post-2021 and it is certainly not a standard feature.
Old 04-25-2022 | 11:43 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

@Black_on_black and @jmania401 attached is the list of standard equipment on the 4 E-Hybrid platinum edition. It says you get “Sport tailpipes in High Gloss Black” (sport tailpipes are the dual-tube ones like the 4S has). But I don’t see that you get the sport exhaust system.

Attached Images
Old 04-25-2022 | 11:44 AM
jmania401
Intermediate

Correct. That is what I was referring to. The 4S trim level is the starting trim level that you can add the sports exhaust system as an option.
Old 04-25-2022 | 04:38 PM
Black_on_black
Instructor

Ok, so that is what the salesperson said, however the text in my local language does not make the distinction between "tips" and the actual system. Probably a translation issue into local language.

I do not need loud exhausts per se - plenty of young men around with blaring exhausts and little hp. I enjoyed the total silence of our other electric vehicles in the carpark. If I wanted loud, I can just run the 911 which has one of the best baritones around.

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)