Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2022 | 04:44 PM
Black_on_black
Instructor

Having read the document you referred to @SS22 some things stand out, three obvious things: Ambient Lighting Plus, front ventilated seats as well as "Four individual seats with continuous center console and armrest in rear". I do not believe I will get these features according to my spec sheet. Interesting.
Old 04-25-2022 | 04:54 PM
jmania401
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Black_on_black
Having read the document you referred to @SS22 some things stand out, three obvious things: Ambient Lighting Plus, front ventilated seats as well as "Four individual seats with continuous center console and armrest in rear". I do not believe I will get these features according to my spec sheet. Interesting.
In your "Standard Equipment" via the configurator, you don't see those features listed? Very strange they'd exclude those but perhaps there is a good reason.
Old 04-25-2022 | 06:10 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Ok, so that is what the salesperson said, however the text in my local language does not make the distinction between "tips" and the actual system. Probably a translation issue into local language.

I do not need loud exhausts per se - plenty of young men around with blaring exhausts and little hp. I enjoyed the total silence of our other electric vehicles in the carpark. If I wanted loud, I can just run the 911 which has one of the best baritones around.
I see what’s going on now. The standard equipment in your configurator (correct me if wrong, but Swedish) shows this: “Sportavgasrör i svart (2 st på var sida),” which for me translates to “sports exhaust pipe in black (2 pieces each side).” That means the sport tailpipes. I think “sport exhaust” is what makes it confusing but it’s just the language. If you wanted to add the entire sport exhaust system, it’s listed on your configurator for an extra 27,000 kr as “Sportavgassystem inkl sportavgasrör i svart (högglans).” But the standard equipment only comes with the sport dual-tube tailpipes.

It’s hard for me to make out the other stuff but I think you’re right about the ambient lighting plus and front ventilated seats. There’s some slight variations across countries, such as how you guys get the cupholder covers and we can’t even option it at a cost.
Old 04-25-2022 | 06:12 PM
Black_on_black
Instructor

Originally Posted by jmania401
In your "Standard Equipment" via the configurator, you don't see those features listed? Very strange they'd exclude those but perhaps there is a good reason.
Yep correct. Market differences clearly! Wish I could show you the list but I doubt you speak my viking-level language. :-/
Old 04-26-2022 | 11:24 PM
2GSDs
Racer

Went to play with the configurator today.
Prices have gone up.

Last edited by 2GSDs; 04-27-2022 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-27-2022 | 02:37 PM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2GSDs
Went to play with the configurator today.
Prices have gone up.
These are now MY23s. No new colours despite the rumours. Can't readily see the other changes other than the price of course... Will talk to my SA.
Configurator is acting up majorly on my end. Anyone else?

Last edited by MiamiNYer; 04-27-2022 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-27-2022 | 02:48 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MiamiNYer
These are now MY23s. No new colours despite the rumours. Can't readily see the other changes other than the price of course... Will talk to my SA.
Configurator is acting up majorly on my end. Anyone else?
Yep, I can see that they changed the price of each model (looks like a 4% bump) as well as a few options (for example, the assistance package is almost cut in half — surprised to see a price decrease). But other than the price changing, nothing else seems different. No cosmetic changes or anything to the exterior or interior. Not surprising as new generation or facelift won’t come until end of 2023 calendar year for model year 2024.
Old 04-27-2022 | 02:54 PM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Yup - that about sums it up. My SA confirmed the same.

Allocations not out yet.
Old 04-28-2022 | 03:21 PM
911C2R
Advanced

Default Production and Delivery update:

RE: GTS Sport Turismo

Order accepted mid-January with an estimated delivery date early June. Updated delivery estimate is now early July. Makes sense considering supply constraints and world events.

I’ll be happy to get the car Aug/Sep to take it on a planned road trip in October.

Cheers!
Old 04-29-2022 | 12:56 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SS22
Yep, I can see that they changed the price of each model (looks like a 4% bump) as well as a few options (for example, the assistance package is almost cut in half — surprised to see a price decrease). But other than the price changing, nothing else seems different. No cosmetic changes or anything to the exterior or interior. Not surprising as new generation or facelift won’t come until end of 2023 calendar year for model year 2024.
The reason for the assistance package price decrease is probably due to Adaptive Cruise Control and Porsche Active Safety now being standard and included in the base price. The likely reason for that is to comply with the voluntary agreement with the NHTSA to make automatic emergency braking standard by September 1, 2022.

The price increase appears to be nominal for my build with the total price increasing by only slightly over US$1,000 from the 2022. My local Porsche dealer thought I might be getting an allocation for a 2022 but it's looking like it could only be for a 2023.
Old 05-01-2022 | 03:03 AM
Tosa5
Advanced

Just catching up on this forum - @SS22 is correct about the range for all-electric driving. When I fully charge my 2022 4S E-Hybrid, it shows 36 miles and I usually get about 30 - 32 miles of all-electric driving. Of course, if you accelerate more aggressively, you will get less range.

BTW, I took my car on my favorite mountain road today (HWY 84 in Northern California, from San Gregorio Beach to Skyline Blvd.), and I was very impressed by its handling. Seems even better than my recently sold e46 M3 was on the same road. I even had to stop the car and remove everything from the glove compartment and door pockets and put them into my tennis bag, which is secured by the luggage net, because everything was shifting on every tight corner.

On another note, I want to share how I have had a very good experience with Porsche Insurance so far. I was on another mountain road recently (HWY 9) and ran into a small deer as I came around a tight corner at 30 MPH (what are the chances that my perfect, 10 week old 2022 Panamera would need a body shop already?). This deer just appeared, standing at the side of road as I came around the corner, and then decided to jump right in front of my car, instead of jumping away from the car. The deer bounced off my hood and flew over my passenger door mirror like it was shot out of a cannon, and I circled back and couldn't find it (not sure what I would have done if I did find it). My right headlight broke, the hood is a little bent, and the front bumper was damaged slightly. Also, my PCM is only partially working now, and my PDK now has a 'whoosh' sound at each upshift. I am taking it to the dealer this coming week to get the PCM reset, and to have them look at the PDK. But the main point is that Porsche Insurance sent out their adjustor, and he and the body shop agreed on the estimate, and the insurance company already sent me the check for the full amount, less my deductible. No arguments or hassle. Also, this policy pays me 10% of the repair cost to compensate me for the expected negative impact on my resale value, so I got a 2nd check from them for that. The new hood and bumper won't arrive until June/July, but I already have the money to pay for the repairs. So far, it's been a great experience.
Old 05-01-2022 | 08:42 AM
BlueDogg22
8th Gear

Default Porsche Insurance

Originally Posted by Tosa5
Just catching up on this forum - @SS22 is correct about the range for all-electric driving. When I fully charge my 2022 4S E-Hybrid, it shows 36 miles and I usually get about 30 - 32 miles of all-electric driving. Of course, if you accelerate more aggressively, you will get less range.

BTW, I took my car on my favorite mountain road today (HWY 84 in Northern California, from San Gregorio Beach to Skyline Blvd.), and I was very impressed by its handling. Seems even better than my recently sold e46 M3 was on the same road. I even had to stop the car and remove everything from the glove compartment and door pockets and put them into my tennis bag, which is secured by the luggage net, because everything was shifting on every tight corner.

On another note, I want to share how I have had a very good experience with Porsche Insurance so far. I was on another mountain road recently (HWY 9) and ran into a small deer as I came around a tight corner at 30 MPH (what are the chances that my perfect, 10 week old 2022 Panamera would need a body shop already?). This deer just appeared, standing at the side of road as I came around the corner, and then decided to jump right in front of my car, instead of jumping away from the car. The deer bounced off my hood and flew over my passenger door mirror like it was shot out of a cannon, and I circled back and couldn't find it (not sure what I would have done if I did find it). My right headlight broke, the hood is a little bent, and the front bumper was damaged slightly. Also, my PCM is only partially working now, and my PDK now has a 'whoosh' sound at each upshift. I am taking it to the dealer this coming week to get the PCM reset, and to have them look at the PDK. But the main point is that Porsche Insurance sent out their adjustor, and he and the body shop agreed on the estimate, and the insurance company already sent me the check for the full amount, less my deductible. No arguments or hassle. Also, this policy pays me 10% of the repair cost to compensate me for the expected negative impact on my resale value, so I got a 2nd check from them for that. The new hood and bumper won't arrive until June/July, but I already have the money to pay for the repairs. So far, it's been a great experience.
Thanks for the feedback. I am interested in your comments on Porsche Insurance - it was not offered to me, so I stayed with my carrier. Just got my insurance cards but no clue how much my insurance is going to be lol.
Old 05-06-2022 | 05:39 PM
Black_on_black
Instructor

Yay! Delivery date scheduled for 25 May, I can see the chassis number in the Porsche app. 19 days to go….
The following users liked this post:
2GSDs (05-06-2022)
Old 05-06-2022 | 11:02 PM
BruceG
Advanced

Hey guys, im new here. I had 2 panameras in 2016, now currently in a 2019 e-hybrid. I was the lucky lotto winner yesterday and got an allocation for 2023 E-hybrid S. Freeze date June 1. Starts aug 1 and should arrive in october / nov as long as no other world catastrophes. I really wanted the midnight blue but there is a stop order on that color of paint. So now ive switched to Genetian Blue. Im just really worried I made the wrong decision on color. Part of me Loves it but then part of me is really scared of it. Maybe I should just switch to black for the 4th time again.

What do you guys think of the gentian? It actually has violet in the color so im a little concerned. Do I love it? YES. Will I walk out to the car and think " what the hell were you thinking at $150k?" Thats what im worried about.

Old 05-06-2022 | 11:43 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BruceG
Hey guys, im new here. I had 2 panameras in 2016, now currently in a 2019 e-hybrid. I was the lucky lotto winner yesterday and got an allocation for 2023 E-hybrid S. Freeze date June 1. Starts aug 1 and should arrive in october / nov as long as no other world catastrophes. I really wanted the midnight blue but there is a stop order on that color of paint. So now ive switched to Genetian Blue. Im just really worried I made the wrong decision on color. Part of me Loves it but then part of me is really scared of it. Maybe I should just switch to black for the 4th time again.

What do you guys think of the gentian? It actually has violet in the color so im a little concerned. Do I love it? YES. Will I walk out to the car and think " what the hell were you thinking at $150k?" Thats what im worried about.

I think it looks fantastic! And wow, getting your third Panamera really speaks to how much you must love them. As a new owner of one, that’s comforting to know!

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)