Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspend service

Did canceling service fix the issue?
Old 05-28-2020, 08:12 PM
pencarrow
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

GOOD NEWS for me anyway. I just got a call from my dealer, Porsche of Wilmington, they and Porsche NA are giving me a new PCM. I guess I won't go back to Jags after all. I sure won't be getting XM radio again, I'll stick with local FM and CDs.
The following users liked this post:
Crom2k (05-28-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 04:33 AM
VerbalKarate
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Paul Rocha
yes
Old 05-29-2020, 04:42 AM
TheBauer
Track Day

Originally Posted by pencarrow
Has anyone really resolved this problem? If so,,,,,,year model and how.
still dead
FR
yes the handover worked for me on first try

2012 Panamera turbo S

(See earlier post) all good and also SXM works fine

Old 05-29-2020, 03:24 PM
stealthn
Advanced

This is a nightmare, Porsche said to bring it in (I told them I tried the reset procedure with no luck) so I took in this am, they didn't even look at it and told me there is nothing they can do if the handover does not work! Frikin Pissed, I asked why did you tell me to come in then!!!

I just call Sirius and cancelled the service. I will wait and hour and do the reset again to see if that fixes it. I will also call Porsche Canada back and give them a piece of my mind as this is totally unacceptable for vehicles of this quality/cost.

Will post when I do the rest again
Old 05-29-2020, 06:06 PM
stealthn
Advanced

No luck yet, but did confirm it reboots when the car is off, pulled fuse 3 to stop it.

called Porsche and explained it’s now a safety issue if it can kill the battery.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:33 PM
Shrike071
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 99 Posts

Handover stopped this for me for about a week.It's back. Constant rebooting.

The handover is a temporary fix
Old 05-30-2020, 11:08 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

When doing the handover procedure make sure the vehicle is outside with a clear view of the sky to receive XM signal. It won't work if the XM signal is blocked:

Old 05-31-2020, 11:25 AM
jcraige
2nd Gear

Default Panamera 2010

I had to make sure Sirius sent a cancel service signal to my car. After cancelling the service a few days ago, I was still receiving the service as of this morning and the rebooting continued. After contacting Sirius again and asking them to send a cancel service signal, I not longer receive any channels. After doing the PCM reset, it appears the rebooting has stopped.... Fingers crossed!
Old 06-02-2020, 01:51 AM
Paul Rocha
7th Gear

Default 2010 Panamera

Did you experience any more problems? I cancelled my XM and it is still receiving the stations. I will wait until tomorrow and then call back to make sure it is off.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:39 AM
jcraige
2nd Gear

Did you experience any more problems? I cancelled my XM and it is still receiving the stations. I will wait until tomorrow and then call back to make sure it is off.
Still working. No rebooting. The trick (I think) was to force Sirius to send the “cancel the service” signal. I stayed on the line with them until that happened as they were reluctant to do that for some reason. After making sure I only received the promo channel and nothing else, I did the PCM reboot.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:07 PM
stealthn
Advanced

Called Sirius as I still have XM they told me it takes a week to get off the car...So Friday?!

Update: Fired the 2010 up today and still rebooting, and I still have Sirius. So going in to Service tomorrow (not that they can do anything about it), maybe Friday when Sirius finally gets cancelled, it will fix it.

I also have a thread on another forum where another 2010 PT has the same issue, the dealership is unable to update PCM due to the reboots, so all they could do is open case with Porsche.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:34 PM
Viclovin
4th Gear

Default 2010 Panameras

XM is the issue in our older cars, I kept calling Sirius XM until the service was no longer in my vehicle only the previews you have to keep calling them until you are able to tell that you no longer have Sirius working in your car.
believe me, I went crazy trying to use what everyone with newer PCM versions was doing and it never worked so I just kept calling Sirius XM until finally a young lady cancelled the service completely, I had to tell these people that these PCM units are $4000 and tgstvi was gonna sue them if my unit went bad because of their stupid over the air update, after a few times calling them the service stopped and my pcm went back to normal immediately.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:11 AM
ac72165
1st Gear

Default Reactivate SiriusXM

Hi I have 2012 panamera. The hard reset worked for me but now I just have SiriusXM channel 1 preview. I am nervous to activate SiriusXM again because i think it could start rebooting again.

did you activate after the hard reboot? Or are you just not using Sirius XM media source any longer?

thanks!
Old 06-04-2020, 11:37 AM
Viclovin
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ac72165
Hi I have 2012 panamera. The hard reset worked for me but now I just have SiriusXM channel 1 preview. I am nervous to activate SiriusXM again because i think it could start rebooting again.

did you activate after the hard reboot? Or are you just not using Sirius XM media source any longer?

thanks!
I just haven't reactivated, I'm honestly too afraid to go through the rebooting problem all over again, Porsche dealer wasn't even able to help with their hard reboot process, they hace no idea how to fix older PCM 3.1 models, and the first thing that comes out of their mouths is " you need a new PCM"

Quick Reply: PCM Restarting XM radio fault?