Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

PCM Restarting XM radio fault?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 08:49 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a '14 Panamera Turbo S that is stored in a garage where the XM Radio satellite signal is blocked. The car has been in the garage for the last week or so until I pulled it out today. Today I drove the car for about 90 minutes with no issue of the PCM rebooting. Everything in the PCM 3.1 worked as it should. I'm hoping the PCM didn't receive the corrupt signal when it was stored in the garage and this issue has been averted. There may be hope for those of you that store your car in a location where the satellite signal is blocked.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:20 PM
smithsor
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 19 Posts

I did the reset yesterday and still can't get the XM refresh to take on my car. Only have Channel 1. Any one else or do you have all your XM channels after the reset?
Old 05-23-2020, 09:58 PM
Flacht6MT
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by smithsor
I did the reset yesterday and still can't get the XM refresh to take on my car. Only have Channel 1. Any one else or do you have all your XM channels after the reset?
You don't need to get a XM refresh or signal sent to PCM, it's alll there still. Press "Channels" when you see your preset screen, and all the XM channels are still there.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:14 PM
PP4
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smithsor
This may help. Waited a while after refresh thinking nothing was happening: After reset had only channel 1. Sent refresh signal. Took within a few minutes BUT It wasn't obvious that it did, I had to select channel list to confirm that SAT was back in action..
Old 05-23-2020, 11:10 PM
John Williams
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Weird.

Yesterday it happened to me in my Cayenne and I thought maybe it was something I did when I reset my service meter after an oil change. Then today in my Cayman like clock work every 3 minutes it cut off. I believe it affects both the GPS and XM radio because even if the radio is off the Navigation system freezes then resets. I first tried to factory reset then the handoff reset but the problem persisted. I didn’t try holding the info button for 10 seconds before handoff reset yet since I just found out about it. I’ll try tomorrow then update.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:50 AM
pencarrow
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Viclovin
I also have a 2010 Panamera 4s with PCM 3.1 v1.35 the Milwaukee Porsche dealer tried the procedure on mine and it didn't work, he tried telling me that I needed a new PCM I told him he was out of his mind, this just happened with the XM stupid update, my pcm was flawless before that.
Same with mine. When yours first opens does your screen show just the word PORSCHE or the Porsche emblem? Mine shows PORSCHE, all the videos seem to show the emblem ,My car build date is 11/2009 delivery 1/2010
Old 05-24-2020, 09:53 AM
MM88
1st Gear

Default Same issue

1- Just bought a Panamera 2 weeks ago. Frustrating to have issues with it already but understand it's not an issue with the car.
2- Did the PCM reboot for the third time yesterday and that finally fixed the issue. But now I can't play music via bluetooth, Only phone calls. There isn't an option to allow media on either the PCM or my phone. Not sure which is the source of the problem or if it is still a PCM issue. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 05-24-2020, 09:03 PM
Siberian Pepper
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Updated on my 2011 Base

Just as an fyi...the steps above didn’t work for me despite multiple attempts so I reset the unit to factory settings and it seems to work fine now. This may be the way to go on earlier MY

However, My XM Subscription is now disconnected from the PCM I haven’t yet called them to reconnect it. When XM is up again I wouldn’t be surprised if the same update causes the problem again. For now atleast the PCM is NOT rebooting every 3 minutes. Also be aware that phone, presets stock tickers etc will all need to be setup again.
The following users liked this post:
Matthew Pate (05-25-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 12:47 AM
rgfinnegan
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

I got the car back Friday after having a brake job, brake flush, oil service, both engine mounts and the transmission mount replaced. I performed a complete detail that was needed after months of neglect and then went for a drive today and behold I had the PCM reboot every 2 mins problem. Bewildered and pissed, of course I was placing blame on the the work done by the service provider, but after finding this thread all is well; how lucky is that! Thanks all!
Old 05-25-2020, 02:30 AM
Momvivant
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pencarrow
Same with mine. When yours first opens does your screen show just the word PORSCHE or the Porsche emblem? Mine shows PORSCHE, all the videos seem to show the emblem ,My car build date is 11/2009 delivery 1/2010
I kept getting stuck here too...I kept pressing the Car and Option button. Eventually, you get to the menu for the Vehicle Handover and Factory Reset options. I had to do the Factory Reset since VH didn’t work. XM came back without any additional steps...I had to Resave all my presets.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:21 PM
ptcolombo
Track Day

Lightbulb A Thought on Why

So I was talking with my son who lives in LA and was relating the tale of woe about the PCM rebooting. I have a 2014 4S Panamera that started doing the reboot routine like all of ours on Thursday. Since the weather was nice and summer was coming in with a vengeance this weekend here in Chicago, I parked the Panny in the garage and broke out the C4S Cab for the weekend so I haven't tried the handover procedure yet. He mentioned that SiriusXM was free starting this weekend (and apparently to the end of May according to their website) and that maybe this glitch is related to them sending out an update/whatever that unlocks all the XM radios. I'm going to try to wait and see if it goes away when they revert back to the paid only access. Still doesn't explain who the blame falls on tho.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:57 PM
smithsor
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 19 Posts

I did a reset on Friday which stopped the reboot, then I did the XM refresh and car sat until today, but alas today the PCM is rebooting again ever 2 minutes. Think I'll wait awhile to reset/refresh...talk amongst yourselves....
Old 05-25-2020, 05:27 PM
Viclovin
4th Gear

Default Update on XM PCM rebboting

I also have a 2010 Panamera 4s with PCM 3.1 v1.35 the Milwaukee Porsche dealer tried the procedure on mine and it didn't work, he tried telling me that I needed a new PCM I told him he was out of his mind, this just happened with the XM stupid update, my pcm was flawless before that.
ok, for all those older 2010 panamera owners, the hard reset doesn't work on our cars however after going through everything posted from other members with newer models what I did was " I called Sirius XM and had them completely cancel the service from my radio" wait about 20 to 30 minutes and then do the hard reset. Then your unit will finally work as normal, in our older models the trick is to call Sirius to have them remove the service completely, then proceed to do the hard reset and then your PCM will go back to normal.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:11 PM
pencarrow
Intermediate

Thumbs up

ok, for all those older 2010 panamera owners, the hard reset doesn't work on our cars however after going through everything posted from other members with newer models what I did was " I called Sirius XM and had them completely cancel the service from my radio" wait about 20 to 30 minutes and then do the hard reset. Then your unit will finally work as normal, in our older models the trick is to call Sirius to have them remove the service completely, then proceed to do the hard reset and then your PCM will go back to normal.
The trick is to get the "idiots" at XM radio to understand what the problem is and why we want the service disconnected.
The following users liked this post:
Momvivant (05-26-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 10:11 PM
pencarrow
Intermediate

Angry

Well that didn't work either.

Quick Reply: PCM Restarting XM radio fault?