Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

ACC/PAS Not Available Driving permitted Service necessary !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2024, 12:11 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 252 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by coldcace
I do have night vision. Where should I check to see if its damaged?
Start by bringing it up on the display, I got the message when mine quit working. Display said as much. The camera is a black quarter sized piece of glass in the very middle of the front end.
Old 06-17-2024, 05:57 PM
coldcace
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Horribly frustrating!

"Next time it faults I might take it over there and let them hook the computer up to it right then and there to try and diagnose the problem then take that info back to Porsche for them to fix it."-----This is a good idea.

I'm surprised that the Porsche experts cannot figure it out, but I would also suspect that the establishing the diagnosis has more to do with the experience of the individual mechanic than it does the branding of the mechanic (sometimes you get younger guys with less experience, etc); so what have you got to lose? try the independent shop and see what happens and then bring it back to Porsche with the data for repair.

the other thing you might try would be to call Scotty at Porsche of Ocala in Florida. This dude knows a ton about these cars and perhaps he can give you some guidance.
Update the Faults came back on Saturday night. I took it to Porsche this morning while the fault was active. They were able to hook the computer up to it while the fault was on. They said it didn't return a fault code to let them know what the issue was and it only returned a generic fault code so they said they needed to get help from Porsche NA on what to do. They sent this info over to PCNA today and the plan is for me to bring it back in a few weeks once I get off vacation so they can look at it with direction from PCNA. Has anyone ever had their dealership enlist Porsche NA to help in figuring out or fixing issues with their cars? I'm unsure of the process.

Last edited by coldcace; 06-17-2024 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-17-2024, 06:59 PM
elga
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Update the Faults came back on Saturday night. I took it to Porsche this morning while the fault was active. They were able to hook the computer up to it while the fault was on. They said it didn't return a fault code to let them know what the issue was and it only returned a generic fault code so they said they needed to get help from Porsche NA on what to do. They sent this info over to PCNA today and the plan is for me to bring it back in a few weeks once I get off vacation so they can look at it with direction from PCNA. Has anyone ever had their dealership enlist Porsche NA to help in figuring out or fixing issues with their cars? I'm unsure of the process.
Yes I have; sorry to say I have a master in this matter first 2 questions And I need you to be very specific and forget about you have been goin thru

1- When warning appears are you driving or parked or goin over or starting car in front of weird surfaces; example: going thru metallic bridges or in front of irregular surfaces like poles etc etc (I need you to be specific!)
2- When warning appears will it stay of forever or will it go away by it self?
Old 06-17-2024, 07:11 PM
coldcace
Track Day

Originally Posted by elga
Yes I have; sorry to say I have a master in this matter first 2 questions And I need you to be very specific and forget about you have been goin thru

1- When warning appears are you driving or parked or goin over or starting car in front of weird surfaces; example: going thru metallic bridges or in front of irregular surfaces like poles etc etc (I need you to be specific!)
1) The first question it appears at Random times. One time I started the car in my garage and it came on. Another time I was sitting at a red-light and it popped on. This last time I was coming out of home depot started the car and it popped on. Another time I was sitting in my garage listening to music in park and it popped on. It just happens at random times. I haven't been doing the same thing each time its come on. That's why it's been so hard to explain it to the dealership.
2) It does clear on its own usually after a few days. Then after a few more days it randomly returns. A perfect example last week I took it to a 2nd dealership so they could look at it. I dropped it off on a Monday and the fault was on. Porsche didnt get to look at the vehicle until Tuesday afternoon and once they cranked the car up the fault was gone. They tried for 3 additonal days to recreate the fault but couodnt do it so they gave it back me. A week later which was Saturday at home depot it came back on. It sounds like you have experienced this??

Last edited by coldcace; 06-17-2024 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-17-2024, 08:33 PM
elga
Intermediate

1) The first question it appears at Random times. One time I started the car in my garage and it came on. Another time I was sitting at a red-light and it popped on. This last time I was coming out of home depot started the car and it popped on. Another time I was sitting in my garage listening to music in park and it popped on. It just happens at random times. I haven't been doing the same thing each time its come on. That's why it's been so hard to explain it to the dealership.
2) It does clear on its own usually after a few days. Then after a few more days it randomly returns. A perfect example last week I took it to a 2nd dealership so they could look at it. I dropped it off on a Monday and the fault was on. Porsche didnt get to look at the vehicle until Tuesday afternoon and once they cranked the car up the fault was gone. They tried for 3 additonal days to recreate the fault but couodnt do it so they gave it back me. A week later which was Saturday at home depot it came back on. It sounds like you have experienced this??
Yes I have, so here is the deal, when the warning comes by itself and disappears by itself means that something is triggering it up, it is a very well-known issue to Porsche that certain roads or objects will confuse the whole system, which is good news for you and is always something repetitive that is very hard to notice so you have told me 2 times about homedepot; where you parked in front of the orange post?

The ACC system is massively complex in this iteration; and it is because is a BIG complex system that shares information crossed with different hardware systems.

Porsche knows this issue and it has been covered since the very beginning in this threat you will find Dr. G7 I think? he is the master of this issue; PCNA offered money not to continue pursuing this problem etc etc. yup!

Now do me a big favor desperation is not your allied, the systems involved in this failure are, ACC sensors, the 360 degree view system, respective harnesses the 5th camera located in the windshield with its respective control units, the important factor here is to understand that it is real that dealers DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT until recently because is VERY HARD to diagnose and so variable that clients run out of patient before fixe can be done.

Hopefully with my help will get then to the right place, so you can be done soon; it is just a matter of pushing thru all the diagnostic so we can point them the right direction.
One helpful advice is to stick with one dealer; because if this is the long route for you, then you will have all the help you need in one place; without losing much time, they are as lost as you are right now, I can tell.

Is there anything that you are forgetting mention, like any kind of accidents, potholes, impacts to the bumper or any of the cameras? has the car been deal with the suspension ANY parts tiers, balancing, wheel alignment Etc Etc?
The following users liked this post:
Dr. G7 (06-19-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 08:10 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 324 Likes on 265 Posts

...the very beginning in this threat you will find Dr. G7 I think? he is the master of this issue; PCNA offered money not to continue pursuing this problem etc etc. yup!
Elga, you have a remarkable memory. Kudos.

I have not posted on rennlist in a while. I was banned by the moderator, it/he/she/ later told me the ban was in error. I thought I was banned because on the Taycan forum I posted replacing 800V battery is not a DIY. And the OP was miffed.

I'm replying this "buggy ACC" post because feel your pain. It is a known problem. Dealers know it, PCNA knows it. They act as if this is the first time they heard about it. It is a software glitch. All the alignments, recalibrations etc. etc won't fix it.

If the "ACC cyclops eye" does not see vehicles ahead after a given distance and time, the ACC decides the system is malfunctioning. And shuts down the ACC + cruise. After a few minutes (and miles,) the systems says all's well and resets itself. And voilà, ACC is functioning just as "Dr. Ferdinand Porsche" designed it.

My solution, if I remember, on lonely highways, I shut off the ACC every so often.

Last edited by Dr. G7; 06-19-2024 at 08:21 PM.
Larson E. Rapp (06-20-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 08:37 PM
elga
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
Elga, you have a remarkable memory. Kudos.

I have not posted on rennlist in a while. I was banned by the moderator, it/he/she/ later told me the ban was in error. I thought I was banned because on the Taycan forum I posted replacing 800V battery is not a DIY. And the OP was miffed.

I'm replying this "buggy ACC" post because feel your pain. It is a known problem. Dealers know it, PCNA knows it. They act as if this is the first time they heard about it. It is a software glitch. All the alignments, recalibrations etc. etc won't fix it. If the "ACC cyclops eye" does not see vehicles ahead after a given distance and time, the ACC decides the system is malfunctioning. And shuts down the ACC + cruise.

My solution, if I remember, on lonely highways, I shut off the ACC every so often.

Well, I'll be damned. How you been Dr. G7? nice to hear from you again. I would like to tell you that I was wondering where were you? I did get mine fixed the right way, it took all my patient and complete understanding of the system, in my specific case we started with ACC, they change ALL OF IT, Sensor, camera, hardness and or control modules. Then we discover that the 360 degree view system was also involved, so the same for 360 degree view system; they change ALL OF IT, cameras, hardness and or control modules! I personally do not think is a software glitch but; a miscommunication in between the hardware and the software; also they ended up releasing two bulletins, two technical bulletins with the fix and of course they still were confused hahaha. It has been difficult; if you ask me as a final opinion, I do think that the system was never ready to be deployed. the 3rd iteration of this system works perfect, I have been borrowing loaners so much that I have already drove many of the "new" models... In fact right now mine Cayenne is in service and I have a brand new Cayenne S 1500 miles on it sweet, its amazing, ACC works just perfect.
Dr. G7 (06-20-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 01:29 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Well, I'll be damned. How you been Dr. G7? nice to hear from you again. I would like to tell you that I was wondering where were you? I did get mine fixed the right way, it took all my patient and complete understanding of the system, in my specific case we started with ACC, they change ALL OF IT, Sensor, camera, hardness and or control modules. Then we discover that the 360 degree view system was also involved, so the same for 360 degree view system; they change ALL OF IT, cameras, hardness and or control modules! I personally do not think is a software glitch but; a miscommunication in between the hardware and the software; also they ended up releasing two bulletins, two technical bulletins with the fix and of course they still were confused hahaha. It has been difficult; if you ask me as a final opinion, I do think that the system was never ready to be deployed. the 3rd iteration of this system works perfect, I have been borrowing loaners so much that I have already drove many of the "new" models... In fact right now mine Cayenne is in service and I have a brand new Cayenne S 1500 miles on it sweet, its amazing, ACC works just perfect.
Thank you for the warm welcome. I stayed way after the ban (and reinstatement.) Kinda like Groucho Marx, "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

New ACC works, they got the software bug fixed. In your case, when they replaced the control module, the new software was already in the firmware. IMHO.

Also IMHO, Porsche is gaming the system by not replacing all modules. If they had to replace all the modules, it would be much more expensive than a few buybacks, and repeat visits to dealerships until the customer gives up. Latter is my situation. They also know NHTSA etc. are toothless.

Having said that, I love my Porsches and would never buy anything else. Porsche is by far the best with the caveat, I've never owned a rebadged BMW (AKA Rolls Royce)
elga (07-25-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 01:34 PM
SenatorBlutarsky
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by rons2112
Just checking to see if you are still seeing the issue. My brand new 992 has this same issue, been to the dealer twice, no resolution. They had it for over a week the first time, said it was fixed, but then a week later it came back on. Very annoying.
I have a 2021 4SE Hybrid. I intermittently get that warning, along with "Porsche InnoDrive not available", and "Engine Control Fault". And when this happens the car jitters and sputters. If I shut it off and restart everything is normal. I finally couldn't take it anymore and brought it back to the dealer. They have a very similar car in with very similar problems. I believe they are replacing the E motor to see if that corrects. If that works they will do it to my car. I love my Panamera and sure hope they can square it away.
Old 06-20-2024, 01:34 PM
djdonte
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
Having said that, I love my Porsches and would never buy anything else. Porsche is by far the best with the caveat, I've never owned a rebadged BMW (AKA Rolls Royce)
What if I told you the 971 shares a chassis with the Bentley Flying Spur and Continental GT lol? I think Bentley is more of a fancy Audi though in the same way RR is a BMW.
Dr. G7 (06-20-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 07:24 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SenatorBlutarsky
I have a 2021 4SE Hybrid. I intermittently get that warning, along with "Porsche InnoDrive not available", and "Engine Control Fault". And when this happens the car jitters and sputters....
Innodrive and Engine Control failures are way higher echelons of control than "simple" ACC.

"I love my Panamera and sure hope they can square it away."

Porsche gets everything right then blows it on relatively simple electronics.

elga (07-25-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 07:28 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by djdonte
What if I told you the 971 shares a chassis with the Bentley Flying Spur and Continental GT lol? I think Bentley is more of a fancy Audi though in the same way RR is a BMW.
As long as you don't call my Porsche Cayenne a rebadged Volkswagen Touareg

Old 07-24-2024, 10:59 PM
coldcace
Track Day

Default Update!

once I got back from Florida Porsche came picked my car up and kept it for a week. They said the response they got back from Porsche NA was that the car needed a alignment. They performed the alignment about 3 weeks ago and the ACC fault has not come back at all.
Old 07-24-2024, 11:10 PM
coldcace
Track Day

Originally Posted by SenatorBlutarsky
I have a 2021 4SE Hybrid. I intermittently get that warning, along with "Porsche InnoDrive not available", and "Engine Control Fault". And when this happens the car jitters and sputters. If I shut it off and restart everything is normal. I finally couldn't take it anymore and brought it back to the dealer. They have a very similar car in with very similar problems. I believe they are replacing the E motor to see if that corrects. If that works they will do it to my car. I love my Panamera and sure hope they can square it away.
See my latest post. My acc ended up being an alignment was needed. I talked to the service Manger and we worked out a plan. She told me next time it comes on bring it up there immediately so they could hook the computer to it. It came on and I was able to bring it right up there. I talked to the Service Manager before I came up there and she alerted the head foreman so I could skip the line and get it back there right away. They hooked it up and said it read a generic fault which was unusual. They sent this info the Porsche NA to see what they should do and week later Porsche NA told them to do an alignment. So maybe you can talk to your service manager and see if that's something they would allow. As soon as fault comes on you need to be able to get a computer on it.

Last edited by coldcace; 07-24-2024 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2024, 11:17 PM
BlueOx
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great news! thanks for the update!

Quick Reply: ACC/PAS Not Available Driving permitted Service necessary !!