Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

ACC/PAS Not Available Driving permitted Service necessary !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 10:59 PM
coldcace
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
you are welcome! let me know how it plays out. also, the repair was covered under my CPO warranty so hopefully it won't cost you anything more than your time at the dealer!
So one of the Porsche dealers had my car for a week and half said the only thing they found was dirty sensor they cleaned it and the fault cleared. They said they checked the wiring and everything was fine. I literally just picked the car up 3 hours ago and the ACC message is back on. I won't be taking it back to that dealer. I will reach out another local dealer tomorrow. This is so frustrating.

Old 05-24-2024, 10:59 PM
coldcace
Track Day

you are welcome! let me know how it plays out. also, the repair was covered under my CPO warranty so hopefully it won't cost you anything more than your time at the dealer!
So one of the Porsche dealers had my car for a week and half said the only thing they found was dirty sensor they cleaned it and the fault cleared. They said they checked the wiring and everything was fine. I literally just picked the car up 3 hours ago and the ACC message is back on. I won't be taking it back to that dealer. I will reach out another local dealer tomorrow. This is so frustrating.

Old 05-25-2024, 09:42 AM
BlueOx
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that is so totally weak. maybe the sensor is bad (since it improved when it was cleaned). good luck with the next dealer and keep us in the loop!
Old 05-25-2024, 10:06 AM
BlueOx
Intermediate

Here is another thought: could there be an issue with the fuse box wiring or a busted fuse?

My rationale: the ACC is connected to the same grounding as the home link. last year I finally figured out how to program the home link button (with the help of Scotty from Porsche of Ocala). It required removing the fuses associated with the ACC, then using my garage remote controller to program the home link button, and finally replacing the ACC fuses (the process is posted elsewhere on Rennlist). I seem to recall that when I removed the fuses the "ACC not available" message came on and stayed on until I replaced the fuses (I apologize for any recall bias here ).

Did you need to do this with your model year to program the home link? If so, perhaps a fuse was broken or not well positioned when it was replaced?

As an update, since replacing the wiring in my panamera, none of these warning lights have come on again (including the "crash imminent" warning light which only comes on now when a crash is truly imminent).
Old 05-25-2024, 01:55 PM
coldcace
Track Day

Here is another thought: could there be an issue with the fuse box wiring or a busted fuse?

My rationale: the ACC is connected to the same grounding as the home link. last year I finally figured out how to program the home link button (with the help of Scotty from Porsche of Ocala). It required removing the fuses associated with the ACC, then using my garage remote controller to program the home link button, and finally replacing the ACC fuses (the process is posted elsewhere on Rennlist). I seem to recall that when I removed the fuses the "ACC not available" message came on and stayed on until I replaced the fuses (I apologize for any recall bias here ).

Did you need to do this with your model year to program the home link? If so, perhaps a fuse was broken or not well positioned when it was replaced?

As an update, since replacing the wiring in my panamera, none of these warning lights have come on again (including the "crash imminent" warning light which only comes on now when a crash is truly imminent).
Hey thanks for this. I didn't have to do that for homelink but i contacted another dealer today and talked to SA over there. He said in his experience it's either usually the battery or the wiring of the sensor. He set me up an appointment. He said they will pull everything apart and check everything related to the ACC. I will definitely ask them to check the fuse when I drop it off. This is very good insight. Man thank you so much!
Old 05-25-2024, 02:49 PM
BlueOx
Intermediate

Great! You are welcome! Let us know how it plays out! Good luck!!
Old 06-06-2024, 12:02 PM
BlueOx
Intermediate

did it get resolved?
Old 06-06-2024, 12:48 PM
coldcace
Track Day

did it get resolved?
Hey its currently still at the shop. They said they checked the battery yesterday and the battery isn't the issue. They are supposed to be checking additional things today and will report back after lunch.
Old 06-06-2024, 02:23 PM
BlueOx
Intermediate

Super! keep us updated!
Old 06-06-2024, 06:14 PM
coldcace
Track Day

Super! keep us updated!
Just got off the phone with the 2nd Porsche dealership. They checked the battery, wiring, and fuses they said everything looks good. They also were not able to recreate the fault. They said the only time the tech was able to recreate the fault was when he was driving it in sport mode and tried to turn the acc on. It faulted then but that isn't the case for me because I have never used the ACC. Very frustrating and disappointing that Porsche can't figure out what's going on. There is a smaller auto shop near me that isn't Porsche but they work on German cars. Next time it faults I might take it over there and let them hook the computer up to it right then and there to try and diagnose the problem then take that info back to Porsche for them to fix it. Porshe keeps telling me they need to recreate the fault but the problem is when you schedule an appointment it's usually a week out and by the time it gets to the shop and tech looks at it the fault has cleared. I document with pictures everytime.it faults with the date and time but that still didn't help them identify the problem. The smaller auto repair shop diagnosed my wife's AC issue within 2 days and Mercedes couldn't figure out what was going on in 2 years they just kept adding freon. So maybe this smaller auto shop will have better luck actually diagnosing the problem. There are a couple more Porsche dealerships in the DFW area but they are far away and I'm losing hope in their servicing department. I don't know what to do at this point.

Last edited by coldcace; 06-06-2024 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-06-2024, 06:45 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 166 Posts

Do you have night vision? I got this message when my NV camera took a rock (IIRC)
Old 06-06-2024, 06:45 PM
BlueOx
Intermediate

Horribly frustrating!

"Next time it faults I might take it over there and let them hook the computer up to it right then and there to try and diagnose the problem then take that info back to Porsche for them to fix it."-----This is a good idea.

I'm surprised that the Porsche experts cannot figure it out, but I would also suspect that the establishing the diagnosis has more to do with the experience of the individual mechanic than it does the branding of the mechanic (sometimes you get younger guys with less experience, etc); so what have you got to lose? try the independent shop and see what happens and then bring it back to Porsche with the data for repair.

the other thing you might try would be to call Scotty at Porsche of Ocala in Florida. This dude knows a ton about these cars and perhaps he can give you some guidance.
Old 06-06-2024, 06:53 PM
coldcace
Track Day

Originally Posted by orca15
Do you have night vision? I got this message when my NV camera took a rock (IIRC)
I do have night vision. Where should I check to see if its damaged?
Old 06-06-2024, 06:55 PM
coldcace
Track Day

Horribly frustrating!

"Next time it faults I might take it over there and let them hook the computer up to it right then and there to try and diagnose the problem then take that info back to Porsche for them to fix it."-----This is a good idea.

I'm surprised that the Porsche experts cannot figure it out, but I would also suspect that the establishing the diagnosis has more to do with the experience of the individual mechanic than it does the branding of the mechanic (sometimes you get younger guys with less experience, etc); so what have you got to lose? try the independent shop and see what happens and then bring it back to Porsche with the data for repair.

the other thing you might try would be to call Scotty at Porsche of Ocala in Florida. This dude knows a ton about these cars and perhaps he can give you some guidance.
I actually might call him! I'm desperate
Old 06-07-2024, 06:59 AM
djdonte
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I thought it was just me, but every time I take my car into a dealer its at least a 2 week ordeal. Sometimes it takes them a week to even look at it. Why take my car if you have no one available to look at it? I suspect they are experiencing the same skilled labor shortage that a lot of other trades are. IIRC, these techs come from a few specialized tech schools. Other domestic and Japanese makes you can just work your way into being a lube tech and work your way up from there. Hope you get it worked out.

Quick Reply: ACC/PAS Not Available Driving permitted Service necessary !!