Panamera 2010-Current

2017+ Common Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 11:01 PM
NYG1121
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 35 Posts
Default 2017+ Common Issues

Proud owner of a 2017 Panamera 4 and absolutely loving this car. By far the best car I have ever driven. Can have S class comfort if I want it even on 21 in wheels (Air suspension) or have it lowered and unleash the beast on the road. Tech is also amazing, zero complaints from me about the interior. The fingerprint thing is overblown, half the time I dont even touch any of the buttons. But wanted to get a thread going about issues people have encountered to see if we can learn from each other.

1. Fuel door cap doesn’t always catch. Sometimes have to push it a couple times to open and close
2. PDK at slow speeds can be a little clunky. Its the 15-30 mph range when in traffic it doesn’t enjoy. When pushed to its capability its the best transmission ive experienced
3. Center vent has a little mind of its own or maybe I haven’t quite configured it yet. Trying to get it to stay open but it defaults to being shut

Feel free to comment on these or other issues. Having it tinted with felt this weekend so will let you all know how that goes
Old 10-02-2017, 04:43 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3. - set it to how you want it then press "Set" then "[Key symbol]". problem 3 solved!

2 is a general issue - it's not all the time but when it's not great.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:31 AM
NYG1121
Instructor

Originally Posted by ajriches01
3. - set it to how you want it then press "Set" then "[Key symbol]". problem 3 solved!

2 is a general issue - it's not all the time but when it's not great.
Yes this is how I have had it programmed but it is still not remembering last setting for some reason. It remembers everything else (seat position, climate temp etc). I will have dealer look at it. Similarly, it forgot my homelink last night! Had to reprogram. Hopefully others haven't faced too many electronic issues yet as this car does pack a lot of tech.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:17 PM
irv09
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to reset the diamond key every so often and I have not figured the Home Link.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:33 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NYG1121
1. Fuel door cap doesn’t always catch. Sometimes have to push it a couple times to open and close
this happens to mine. it's going in to the dealer soon for them to look at it as well as a few other niggling issues which I'd posted in the 4 e-hybrid owners thread but pasted here as well for your information:

1. The sim card occasionally says “Sim card removed” and on-line features and wifi hotspot then stop working and then shortly afterwards “Sim card inserted” again and things come back online. It’s a brief hiccup but a hiccup none the less and it’s happened on quite a few times since I first put the sim card in.
2. The electric charger flap sticks closed sometimes and also doesn’t close easily on others making it hard to open and close.
3. There have been a few occasions (that we’ve noticed at least) when the screen in the back doesn’t boot up and so the rear passengers are unable to make use of it or its functions.
4. I have noticed on some roads that the Porsche Innodrive gets the speed wrong! E.g. I was driving along the road that goes past Walton Heath golf club and it’s a 40 mph limit and PID decided that it was a 30 mph limit and slowed me down. I overrode it but then a little further down the road it did it again.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:01 PM
knowspin
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Proud owner of a 2017 Panamera 4 and absolutely loving this car.
Congrats on your new car and I wish you good luck with it. We ordered a new Panamera for my wife with expected delivery in January. I'll keep an eye on the thread and offer any contributions once we get our car.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:05 PM
NYG1121
Instructor

Originally Posted by knowspin
Congrats on your new car and I wish you good luck with it. We ordered a new Panamera for my wife with expected delivery in January. I'll keep an eye on the thread and offer any contributions once we get our car.
Thank you. Went to dealer and apparently the fuel door “issue” is common to all Panameras, including the PTT that was there today. Have to push it “deliberately” when opening and closing for it to catch. The center vent issue was configured on my end and now ok. No other problems so far but only 2500 miles in.

Having it tinted with felt this weekend so will share thoughts on that afterwards.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:53 PM
J.Ho
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fuel door issue here too with the wife’s Panamera. Incredible car.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:29 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya the fuel door issue is annoying.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:36 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 497 Posts

PDK was clunky at low speeds when not in Sport Mode for the first 2000 miles. No issues after that and no issues with the fuel door.

Really an amazing car, especially the ride quality with sur suspension is great. Even the base model has ample power and we don't miss our AMG.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:59 PM
NYG1121
Instructor

Loving the car more and more. The PDK behavior is definitely improved since I first took delivery. It is less jerky at low speeds. No further issues with PCM, works really well and intuitive once you learn it.

Major concern now is brake squeal!! I know this is a common complaint. Dealer says its a "porsche thing". It is very annoying. How hard should I push to have this looked at? Car has 4000 miles and its worsening.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:23 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Spoiler Stuck in the Up Position & Long Press Buttons

It's nice to have one touch buttons, but I aways seem to forget which ones require a long press. Why does Porsche do this?

I have a 2018 4 e-Hybrid Sport Turismo and with freezing rain in the forecast from a couple of days ago, I decided to bring my spoiler down. First touch, nothing happend. Then I remembered that I need to hold the button to activate / deactivate the spoiler. Then it got stuck! Notthing physical seems to be preventing it from going up or down, I've tried driving above 90 km/h and then slowing down in hopes of brining it down without any luck. The below error message appears...

I don't know if this would be a common issue or not, but there are threads for other models with similar issues.

Any suggestions? I really don't have time to take it in to the dealer for this...

Why do we have to long press the spoiler (and other) buttons?
Old 01-09-2019, 12:31 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts

That error message should read “Spoiler alert” just because that would be funny.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:46 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jnolan
That error message should read “Spoiler alert” just because that would be funny.
Then I'll change the title to "Stuck Up Spoiler!"
Old 01-09-2019, 02:00 PM
amelen
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Mine stopped opening all together after a while, dealership replaced it and it's been fine since.

Quick Reply: 2017+ Common Issues