Notices

New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:19 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

another major reason to own a vette other than speed and look is the freaking cheap parts price! It is cheaper than Honda or Toyota. Take a look at my Brembo front calipers - they are the same one found on Ferrari 458 and they are HUGE! They only cost me $400 each. Buying parts and aftermarket mods for the vette is super fun and cheap .... so cheap it almost felt like free compare with our GT3. Take a look at Pfadt headers with med section ... $1600 a set and that's cheaper than most GT3 center bypass

Pfadt headers with mid section

OEM Brembo front calipers

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-13-2013, 10:48 PM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 RS
in the past,
I had never imagined I would ever want to own a Corvette,
but this Stingray just changed my mind !

I also think the current 911 pricing is way too expensive...
this Corvette might steal lots of sales from potential 911 customer.
This is exactly how I felt about the C6Z. I promptly traded in my 996 Turbo for a 2006. After blowing the third motor, I sent it away. The real problem with American track cars is that they do things about 90%. That last 10% is what breaks at the track. I truly hope they do it 100%. Gorgeous car. Definitely has my attention.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:04 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zr1 and z06 forthcoming I would presume

Good god please show me a c7 zo6 carbon edition with the magnetic susp
Old 01-13-2013, 11:16 PM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

I call it the, Corviperrari

It is pretty wicked looking.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:30 PM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Wow! They finally threw out some of the age old corvette styling cues and built a decent looking car. For the most part the car looks great.

Also, the dry sump should help some of the oiling issues of the past.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:32 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikymu
another major reason to own a vette other than speed and look is the freaking cheap parts price! It is cheaper than Honda or Toyota. Take a look at my Brembo front calipers - they are the same one found on Ferrari 458 and they are HUGE! They only cost me $400 each. Buying parts and aftermarket mods for the vette is super fun and cheap .... so cheap it almost felt like free compare with our GT3. Take a look at Pfadt headers with med section ... $1600 a set and that's cheaper than most GT3 center bypass

Pfadt headers with mid section

OEM Brembo front calipers

[IMG][/IMG]
\
The Pfadt parts are awesome for the corvette, I was at Pfadt the other day takling to Aaron Pfadt about a new RS wing system I'm doing for the 911tt got to watch them weld their new headers it was amazing, they where beautiful. My C5z06 is a rolling Pfadt catalog from the spherical bearings, carbon drive shaft, coilovers ect its transformed it to a car that, while in was still street legal, I was running lap times within a 1 1/2 seconds of Madison and his 2011 cup. Looking forward to this race season shaping up to be a great battle between the Corvettes and Porsche cups at our NASA races at Miller.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually looks great for a vette.
i like it!
a lot of design cues and proportions from their old split-window models.
very well done, not sure of the line of quad exhausts though; think they should have kept 2 banks of 2 on either side.

Last edited by aussie jimmy; 01-14-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,708 Likes on 2,685 Posts

Originally Posted by BartN (TX)
Wow! They finally threw out some of the age old corvette styling cues and built a decent looking car. For the most part the car looks great.

Also, the dry sump should help some of the oiling issues of the past.
Not sure, since the Grand Sport, Z06, and ZR-1 already were dry sump before...
Old 01-14-2013, 12:44 AM
ILLCOMM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rev match manual. interesting.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:53 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't wait to see the interior in person.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:16 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by z06801
The Pfadt parts are awesome for the corvette, I was at Pfadt the other day takling to Aaron Pfadt about a new RS wing system I'm doing for the 911tt got to watch them weld their new headers it was amazing, they where beautiful. My C5z06 is a rolling Pfadt catalog from the spherical bearings, carbon drive shaft, coilovers ect its transformed it to a car that, while in was still street legal, I was running lap times within a 1 1/2 seconds of Madison and his 2011 cup. Looking forward to this race season shaping up to be a great battle between the Corvettes and Porsche cups at our NASA races at Miller.
Your C5 Z06 is very similar setup as my C6 Z06. I recently added Pfade solid spherical and the ride is just too harsh. I also added Ohlin double adjustable shocks and the winter came so never really get to test out the car. I am sure like you my Z06 will be Cup car fast which is really scary since I don't have roll cage or complete fire suppression system.

BTW, all those lines on the front bumper and hood will make clear bra a real challenge
Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Same turn signal stalk and switches as my truck :-(
Interior looks better but man can a brother get some upgraded switches etc in the halo car?
Nothing about the interior should remind you of rental car
Old 01-14-2013, 03:09 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 888 Likes on 336 Posts

Color me intrigued. They clean sheet'd the interior and added some really interesting styling. Still have those composite leaf springs out back?
Old 01-14-2013, 04:39 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Same turn signal stalk and switches as my truck :-(
Interior looks better but man can a brother get some upgraded switches etc in the halo car?
Nothing about the interior should remind you of rental car
lol

those rental car ***** are there to remind you that it's a cheap car to maintain

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Color me intrigued. They clean sheet'd the interior and added some really interesting styling. Still have those composite leaf springs out back?
yup, still got the leaf spring which is a major PITA to adjust ride height. Other than that I really like how the stock suspension perform on the track ... not bad for leaf spring.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:12 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I want a job as a jet fighter pilot if the cockpit features 'luxurious Napa leather, micro suede, real aluminium and carbon fiber trim and Recaro seats' lol!

It does look a huge improvement over the old monster. Wonder how the LT1 will hold up to track duty or will it grenade like the LS series engines did due to poor oiling?

Jay

Quick Reply: New Corvette...