Thanks to all for a great day.

Few more pictures of the cars:
Attached Images     
Old 10-29-2007, 07:43 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again for trying to catch up with the Wachusett cap I lost on the highway John, now you know why I carry spare hats! Was having a hard time trying to figure out how to communicate "frig it, leave it & let's go!" out the top of the cab without it coming across the wrong way.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 468 Posts

John thank you for posting the additional pics. Love the "in car" shots from behind.

Bill lets definitely plan a Lime Rock drive in the spring or summer. Would be awesome to do an early morning backroad drive to the track, watch the races and drive back either via backroads or highways. I know my son would go nuts watching the race cars at the track.

Fred I can't believe you drove with the top down this morning! I was freezing just walking out of the house.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by AUPorsche
Guys

Even Linden (the tempermental teen) said she enjoyed it more than she thought she would, although she's not at all happy about the photographic moment that Charlie captured!!!

Bill
Tell Linden sorry and I took that one out.

...and here's one more photo from Sunday
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Restless
Rennlist Member

Fred,

I figured from all the arm waving that the hat was not all that important. Wonderful sounds from following your car, had to leave the windows down!! Part of the day was in the 40's, and envying your cab, I was still glad for the great heater of the 997!!

John
Old 10-30-2007, 02:22 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

BTW Guys, if anyone has photos of the day in larger resolution, I certainly wouldn't mind grabbing a copy for the archives. Email's fhurderjr@***.net , I think I have a 10mb / mail max size. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Restless
Rennlist Member

Which one would you want. All mine were 5-7mb.

Either that or I can cut you a cd of the originals, before I cut them down.

Email me : jrschrum@yahoio.com

John
Old 10-31-2007, 06:09 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

What route did you end up taking?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 468 Posts

Jason we drove from the 32 to the 9 west into the 116 through the twisties and headed south on 112 back into 9. The 116 after Yankee Candle was absolutely amazing and I will be doing this again next year although next year I will suggest starting at Yankee Candle and adding more of the twisties into the drive. It would also be nice to figure out when traffic is lighter as we were constantly stuck behind some type of Excursion or other family car going at or below speed limits.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:56 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
adding more of the twisties into the drive.
When you turned left off route 112 onto route 9 in Goshen you should have gone right. They just finished resealing nearly the entire road between Cummington and Dalton. I wish I could have joined everyone but I was still at a halloween party in the eastern part of the state.

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
It would also be nice to figure out when traffic is lighter as we were constantly stuck behind some type of Excursion or other family car going at or below speed limits.
That's a shame about the moving chicanes. I mostly travel those roads late in the afternoon during the week and never on weekends. So traffic is non-existent. When I just need to go for a ride I follow the roads below, basically routes 2, 9 and 116. While routes 7, 8 and 112 are just detours between them.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:42 PM
joetiii
Intermediate

Damn..... I missed you folks by a few hours

112 starts in my backyard and I head up to Cummington and jump on 8a for some open road fun. If I had found this post sooner I would have been suggesting a few other detours. Ah Well. I took Jasons route this April when the ice was still on the ponds and the Targa was off. I'll bookmark this page and always look forward getting out w/ others from western Mass.

Quick Reply: Quabin Reservoir Fun Run!