Want to Buy a 2019 Porsche GT3 Touring 991.2

Wanted

Old 12-30-2023, 12:14 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Pinball
All Things Porsche has had that Maritime Touring for "it feels like forever" and I'm pretty sure that the reason it hasn't sold yet is NOT due to lack of interest. Just a guess here, but I'm thinking the ask is in the $300K-$350K range. Anyone know for sure?

Before the Touring rage caught fire, Beverly Hills had a 1K mile car in Birch Green that they were asking sticker for, around $210K if I remember. I drove it but passed.
None of us has a crystal ball, but it seems that you chose the blue pill instead on that Birch Green option. ATP is $350K firm for that Maritime. The car is a $250K+ msrp with tons of CXX options. There is always the right 1 buyer. I looked at it a year ago, still looking at it just have to figure out how to get there if nothing else reasonable pops up. There is nothing else like it in the open market currently. I would get rid of the am CF lips and return all that back to stock. Nit picking atm, but the price is steep still. Some private owners of a PTS 991.2 GT3T that I have encountered seem to think their car, regardless of build or miles can command the highest premium, so its not just the dealers. Been offered 10-16k mile cars (all beautiful) at $270-$300K+ from private owners. For me, hard pass all. Go figure.
The following users liked this post:
Pinball (12-30-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 02:01 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,452 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
None of us has a crystal ball, but it seems that you chose the blue pill instead on that Birch Green option. ATP is $350K firm for that Maritime. The car is a $250K+ msrp with tons of CXX options. There is always the right 1 buyer. I looked at it a year ago, still looking at it just have to figure out how to get there if nothing else reasonable pops up. There is nothing else like it in the open market currently. I would get rid of the am CF lips and return all that back to stock. Nit picking atm, but the price is steep still. Some private owners of a PTS 991.2 GT3T that I have encountered seem to think their car, regardless of build or miles can command the highest premium, so its not just the dealers. Been offered 10-16k mile cars (all beautiful) at $270-$300K+ from private owners. For me, hard pass all. Go figure.
The issue generally is if you want a "god tier spec" Porsche and that car isn't listed on the market, most owners will not give you a "market price" for them to sell it and instead it will be more of a if you really want it price you can buy it off me for xxx. Always has been like this in the Porsche world for PTS cars because most end up in someone's collection and just sit there with not many others trading hands. Look at the Ryan Friedman touring that didn't have FAL or PCCB's but had an amazing color and traded for 250-260k. I passed on that car at the price Ryan bought it for because it was missing FAL/PCCB but market has spoken and I should have bought it.
Old 12-30-2023, 02:41 PM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 255 Posts

Some private owners of a PTS 991.2 GT3T that I have encountered seem to think their car, regardless of build or miles can command the highest premium, so its not just the dealers. Been offered 10-16k mile cars (all beautiful) at $270-$300K+ from private owners. For me, hard pass all. Go figure.
So, have 26k miles on my PTS Brewster Green, LWBS, PCCB's, etc, etc....not offering it for sale, and politely decline random inquiries....my point though is my price would be well over $300k as well to sell, because, not really sure how I replace a perfect car....miles are irrelevant to me as a current owner.
Let's say I wanted to get a similar spec to my car, but with ~5k miles. Do I sell my car for $225k today (what I'm sure someone would bid if I were looking for a quick sell) and hope that I can find something in the next 1-2 years that is comparable for $275k? No, that's insane.
Anyway, just perspective on why owners have "unreasonable" expectations.
My alternative theory is that there are dozens of people looking for the same unicorn's, at pricing levels from the random examples that exist from sellers looking to move on, and expect to be able to source similar. Most sellers will politely decline to take those inquiries seriously, and if someone really wants one, they will "pay up".
Cleary the more patient a buyer is, and flexible, the better chance they will have to buy a car at a price that seems reasonable.
Anyway, I wish the OP the best, and only can add that the sting of paying up goes away pretty quick once you own the perfect car, especially if your holding timeline is somewhere between 5-years and forever.
The following 4 users liked this post by atlrvr:
911-AL (12-31-2023), GT3 Mike (12-30-2023), jp884 (01-24-2024), Porsche911GTS'16 (12-31-2023)
Old 12-31-2023, 02:51 PM
hiroshikato1
Racer

Received 313 Likes on 169 Posts
Default I sold mine during the Pandemic

Through Ryan Friedman. I made quite a bit of money for a car that I drove 3500 miles and didn’t just sit on a tender. At that time I figured that no one knew what the future would bring and if someone was paying me over $50K to drive my 991.2 for a couple of years…
fast forward to yesterday.
I finally found a spec similar to my original spec. I believe it had 4200 miles and it was priced higher than what Ryan sold mine for a couple of years ago! It is not a PTS but even a GT Silver with PCCB’s, LWB’s, CF interior and FAL is no easy feat.
For me, I really thought my allocation would have come thru for my 992 Touring but delays and stoppages in PTS and wanting no wing has resulted in no allocation for me. As a result I am back on the hunt for a similar car that I sold, albeit with a higher price…
on the bright side, tech stocks have done great and that is what I put my money into.
Old 12-31-2023, 04:37 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

This WTB thread has taken a life of its own, which is always fun to read. @cooler2442 I think my search criteria is pretty flexible, wasn't looking for a 'God tier spec' and I frankly don't care about miles, but the price needs to be in line, that is what I meant, not necessarily compared to 'market', whatever that is nowadays, but it is to be fairly reasonable based on car condition/spec/miles. Market can mean anything and not all cars are created equal, especially these 156 or so PTS 991.2 GT3Ts. That is why I expanded the wish list to include non PTS but discontinued colors as well. I am not knocking on doors asking if the car in the garage is for sale, I am getting them offered privately and in response to this WTB ad, from some owners either looking to sell, or putting feelers out to see if their xxx high price is accepted. I can respect that as per the car in question, and I am thankful for all the leads.

Happy New Year to everyone! and onto a better 2024.
Old 01-05-2024, 06:44 PM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 255 Posts

Everything on the preferred list except FAL.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...t3-touring-23/
Old 01-06-2024, 08:11 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by atlrvr
Everything on the preferred list except FAL.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...t3-touring-23/
Thank you for the lead, already at $30K over msrp with 6 days to go. Will certainly keep a watch on it. Should be interesting.
Old 01-11-2024, 07:29 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

@Porsche911GTS'16 If you are able to track down that RL member who put together the 991.2 GT3T PTS spreadsheet, you can tell him he can add No. 144 in PTS, and a 3rd Voodoo Blue, but the only one on the list with LWBs, PCCBs and FAL. I wasn't necessarily looking for a garage ornament, but the deal made sense so here we are with an unbroken in 643 mile PTS high msrp, crazy time capsule of a car. So before I listen to the 'unwise' advise of one of my best Porsche collector friends who recommends this not be driven as it will "get ruined", I will leave the thread open for a few days, for anyone out there interested in trading me their PTS 'driven car' +$$, for this one, with the criteria stated above on the Ad, please contact me via PM. I honestly don't care about miles, and I want to drive, I only care about condition/service of the car, but I am very aware a lot of people out there would love to own a sub 1k mile example as they value that more than anything else. Not me, car is not for outright sale, I didn't buy to flip, especially at this price point, but being a long time member of the Porsche community and the car hobby I have learned to spread the wealth as it gets multiplied back in droves. After DRT coming up I will happily proceed to properly 'ruin' this car and drive it as it was intended, past its break in mileage which I would be grateful if someone who already has had this experience lets me know what the procedure is, mileage count and RPM phasing so I get this right.

Thank you all who commented on this thread, and those of you who offered me their cars, thank you and wish all of you a proper sale if/when you decide to move on from your respective cars. This thing is amazing and I wish I would have been awake in 2017, could've saved me a few bucks and more importantly, 5+ years of enjoyment wasted. Time to catch up. Thanks again guys!

The following 7 users liked this post by JAB12:
atlrvr (01-11-2024), Brian4lev (01-17-2024), CAA (01-12-2024), Dirtygrid (01-13-2024), Porsche911GTS'16 (02-16-2024), Tombstone4478 (02-13-2024), vernontwg (01-17-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-11-2024, 09:08 PM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

@Porsche911GTS'16 If you are able to track down that RL member who put together the 991.2 GT3T PTS spreadsheet, you can tell him he can add No. 144 in PTS, and a 3rd Voodoo Blue, but the only one on the list with LWBs, PCCBs and FAL. I wasn't necessarily looking for a garage ornament, but the deal made sense so here we are with an unbroken in 643 mile PTS high msrp, crazy time capsule of a car. So before I listen to the 'unwise' advise of one of my best Porsche collector friends who recommends this not be driven as it will "get ruined", I will leave the thread open for a few days, for anyone out there interested in trading me their PTS 'driven car' +$$, for this one, with the criteria stated above on the Ad, please contact me via PM. I honestly don't care about miles, and I want to drive, I only care about condition/service of the car, but I am very aware a lot of people out there would love to own a sub 1k mile example as they value that more than anything else. Not me, car is not for outright sale, I didn't buy to flip, especially at this price point, but being a long time member of the Porsche community and the car hobby I have learned to spread the wealth as it gets multiplied back in droves. After DRT coming up I will happily proceed to properly 'ruin' this car and drive it as it was intended, past its break in mileage which I would be grateful if someone who already has had this experience lets me know what the procedure is, mileage count and RPM phasing so I get this right.

Thank you all who commented on this thread, and those of you who offered me their cars, thank you and wish all of you a proper sale if/when you decide to move on from your respective cars. This thing is amazing and I wish I would have been awake in 2017, could've saved me a few bucks and more importantly, 5+ years of enjoyment wasted. Time to catch up. Thanks again guys!

Congratulations on the purchase. It is a beautiful car and one of my favorite examples along with this one.

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/p...e-gt3-touring/
JAB12 (01-11-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 11:47 PM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 101 Posts

Congratulations! I loved my blue P cars until Porsche introduced Shark Blue and now all I see are blue blue blue. I sold off my Mexico Blue 991 recently
Old 01-12-2024, 08:52 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Thank you all for the well wishes. I basically dream in Blue.
Brainofjjj (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 09:16 AM
golfinz
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 67 Posts

Incredible journey! Can’t wait to see more pictures!
JAB12 (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 12:19 PM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Congrats @JAB12 !!!
I wish this wasn't a WTB thread so we could keep this going. I'm starting the hunt for a Touring as well to replace my much loved RS. Time for a lower profile car now.
JAB12 (02-13-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 01:13 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Thanks all, any tips on the proper break in proceedure?
Old 01-12-2024, 03:54 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

This thing hammers at $243K after fees with 7k miies. Chalk, Sofas and no FAL. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...mment-13401523

For those who are seriously looking and were watching this thread, here are 6 other examples that I had bookmarked and are still left unclaimed last I checked which are priced within market ballpark: There are 2 non PTS 25K miles plus cars being offered at $206K+ which I discarded. That makes little sense to me vs all the sub 10k mile pricing offerings. See them below, no affiliation to any cars or their dealers and please do your own due diligence. Non PTS the Porsche JAX option was atop my list despite no FAL. 1st owner is here on RL. Good luck to all. JAX car sold.

.- 2018 Chalk at Porsche Jacksonville LWBs, PCCBs, no FAL 13k miles (SOLD)
.- 2018 Chalk at Scottsdale Sports and Classics LWBs, CXX factory inserts, steel brakes and yes FAL sub 2k miles
.- 2019 Voodoo Blue at Grand Prix Motors: Sofas, steel brakes, yes FAL. Also has a Musicar system. 8k miles
.- 2019 Black, (now at Ryan Friedman Motorcars). LWBs, steel brakes, yes FAL Leather and red stitch and red dials. I can't do black, otherwise this would have been an option for me. 5300 miles
.- 2018 Maritime Blue. Grand Prix Motors LWBs. PCCBs, yes FAL, tons of CXX. 3100 miles
.- 2018 Guards Red. Heritage Cars, WA. LWBs, Steel brakes, yes FAL. 6500 miles
.- 2018 White, Luxury Motorcars, CA. LWBs, Steel Brakes, no lift. 11k miles
.- 2018 White, Champion Porsche, FL. Sofas, Steel Brakes, yes lift. 21k miles
.- 2018 Silver, Porsche North Houston. LWBs, Steel Brakes, yes lift. 5k miles (Taken off the market)
.- 2019 White, Brooklyn Auto Sales, LWBs, PCCBs, yes lift. 5.7k miles
.- 2018 Silver, Porsche Downtown LA. LWBs, PCCBs, yes lift. 11.7k miles. (Minor incident on CarFax).
.- 2018 Riviera Blue, Westmont Porsche. LWBs, Steel Brakes, yes lift. Manual 5.7k miles. De-winged OEM Conversion done by same dealer ($25K cost).
.- 2018 Black, Zweck, Miami, FL. Sofas, Steel Brakes, yes lift. 10k miles (Some mods)

Higher Mileage Cars:
.- 2018 Black, Phillips Auto, CA. Sofas, Steel Brakes, yes lift. 26.5K miles
.- 2018 Agate Grey, Auto Dot, MD. Sofas, Steel Brakes, yes lift. 26.7K miles
.- 2018 Black, The Collection, Miami, FL. Sofas, PCCBs, yes lift. 19K miles

Last edited by JAB12; 02-23-2024 at 05:44 PM. Reason: added content
The following 3 users liked this post by JAB12:
168glhs1986 (01-12-2024), msgs350 (02-21-2024), vernontwg (01-17-2024)