Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Car I have a deposit on. Opinions on purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Propofoln
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Car I have a deposit on. Opinions on purchase?

Posted this on Macan forum, but wanted some more feedback here. Car is being sold as new with full warranty. Has everyone option except PCCB and thermal glass. Has every extra leather option and all performance options with Burmester. It is 2 years old now and is a Porsche demo Macan, but only has 300 miles. It is $43,000 off MSRP, and has full four year warranty. Opinions on purchase?

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=435212328
Old 08-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 326 Posts

Sure does look like somebody went nuts with the options. For the warranty, I would just confirm the start date. Sometimes a dealer will mark the car as sold in the system, and Porsche will start the warranty.
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2016, 11:27 AM
Propofoln
Instructor

The warranty starts when purchased. Car has never had title punched- confirmed with dealer. So full 4 years. Go for it (this is a good deal), or pass (overpriced)? This was a Porsche Exclusive car given to dealership to display to show what options can be ordered to the buyers. No one ordered it that way.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:03 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like it was one of the Porsche Exclusive vehicles built to show off personalization. My local dealer had one built like this too. They were hard to sell because of the price and in many cases, the unusual options/color combinations. If you don't mind the older PCM and like the colors, it is a probably a good deal.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:37 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Propofoln
The warranty starts when purchased. Car has never had title punched- confirmed with dealer. So full 4 years. Go for it (this is a good deal), or pass (overpriced)? This was a Porsche Exclusive car given to dealership to display to show what options can be ordered to the buyers. No one ordered it that way.
car does not have to be titled for the warranty to get punched. Just gets marked as sold in the dealer system. It's good the dealer has confirmed.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,881 Likes on 1,904 Posts

I'd price out a new one with the exact options on that car that you would want. And then compare the price you get to what they're asking for this and see if the delta is worth it. This Macan has a bunch of totally useless options on it that add zero value to it for 95% of the buyer pool and for which I would place zero value. Air vent slats in leather? Seriously?
Old 08-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Propofoln
Instructor

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I'd price out a new one with the exact options on that car that you would want. And then compare the price you get to what they're asking for this and see if the delta is worth it. This Macan has a bunch of totally useless options on it that add zero value to it for 95% of the buyer pool and for which I would place zero value. Air vent slats in leather? Seriously?
I priced out a Turbo I would want/order, and it came out to about $107,000. So about $27,000 more for a 2 year newer one. I agree the air vents in leather are ridiculous, but look nice and make the car totally unique and rare. At that price, you aren't "paying" for it. It's thrown in for free and probably the only Macan in the US with it.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:45 PM
MrSlacker
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Look on the bright side, if you ever want to sell it, you can advertise it as "Fully Loaded" and be pretty accurate haha.

I say go for it. I just specced an S and came out to almost 80K without me even going crazy with it.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:35 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I would say go for it with your money but at that price I would choose a great paint to sample and drop many of the options with my money. At the dealer by me there is a 2016 911 turbo loaded sort of like this Macon. They can't sell it. It has been sitting there for about 11 months. $202K. They through out $175K and I still didn't like it.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:48 PM
Propofoln
Instructor

Originally Posted by RONGLOS
I would say go for it with your money but at that price I would choose a great paint to sample and drop many of the options with my money. At the dealer by me there is a 2016 911 turbo loaded sort of like this Macon. They can't sell it. It has been sitting there for about 11 months. $202K. They through out $175K and I still didn't like it.
i bought it a month ago. It's awesome and so glad I went through with it. Thx everyone. I have a thread on Macan Forum with pics. Username there is vandit
Old 09-21-2016, 11:20 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 594 Posts

Looks to be an INCREDIBLE build, that like an earlier post mention NOBODY would order! Love it!
Old 09-21-2016, 11:25 AM
Propofoln
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Looks to be an INCREDIBLE build, that like an earlier post mention NOBODY would order! Love it!
of course no one would order all those options, but it's nice to get them for free (so to speak)! Makes the car unique.

Quick Reply: Car I have a deposit on. Opinions on purchase?