Macan 2014-Current

Just ordered new shoes

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 01:29 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just ordered new shoes

for my V8 4runner, which just crossed 200K. I'm within 5K of covering the Macan, so while the money is burning a bit of a hole in my pocket, I guess I'm committed to waiting on the diesel. The S just doesn't have the mpg's I'm looking for in a daily driver. I have to say though, that you have to give it to the V8 Toyota, it is bulletproof. At 200K I have no concerns about it getting me to whenever they bring the diesel over. I guess I'll just have to acquiesce to the 4 series for the college runs. And yes I have to do the driving. Firstly my wife insists and secondly her driving scares the hell out of me.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:23 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

The Diesel should be a great package and worth the wait if you intend on racking it to 200k like the toyota.

Would the Diesel be available in north america for 2015?
Old 09-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
The Diesel should be a great package and worth the wait if you intend on racking it to 200k like the toyota.

Would the Diesel be available in north america for 2015?
So far everything I've heard is 2015 as a 2016 model. 2 dealers have told me there's a meeting in October, should have more info then. I should set aside a little extra though, got to figure a price increase on the 2016 models.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:22 PM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckfever
for my V8 4runner, which just crossed 200K. I'm within 5K of covering the Macan, so while the money is burning a bit of a hole in my pocket, I guess I'm committed to waiting on the diesel. The S just doesn't have the mpg's I'm looking for in a daily driver. I have to say though, that you have to give it to the V8 Toyota, it is bulletproof. At 200K I have no concerns about it getting me to whenever they bring the diesel over. I guess I'll just have to acquiesce to the 4 series for the college runs. And yes I have to do the driving. Firstly my wife insists and secondly her driving scares the hell out of me.
I have been a 4Runner lover as well but I miss driving my 911 in the winter.
I have put winter tires on and it's ok but not much fun in the slop.
So i decided what the heck, So i'm trading in my 2010 4Runner V6 no more V8 with 16k miles on a new Cayenne S. Ordered it end of July should be here by Xmas. Air Susp. PDCC, PTV , Roof Rails, Trailer hitch,Heated Wheel. 95K$ MSRP but you only live once.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Originally Posted by SteveFromMN
I have been a 4Runner lover as well but I miss driving my 911 in the winter.
I have put winter tires on and it's ok but not much fun in the slop.
So i decided what the heck, So i'm trading in my 2010 4Runner V6 no more V8 with 16k miles on a new Cayenne S. Ordered it end of July should be here by Xmas. Air Susp. PDCC, PTV , Roof Rails, Trailer hitch,Heated Wheel. 95K$ MSRP but you only live once.
It's very likely that down the road I wind up in a Cayenne. But I got this window here with both kids away at school that I can scale back on the utility..

I really like how you specced out the performance options on the Cayenne S. That should tame that beast. :-)
Old 09-09-2014, 05:57 PM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's very likely that down the road I wind up in a Cayenne. But I got this window here with both kids away at school that I can scale back on the utility..

I really like how you specced out the performance options on the Cayenne S. That should tame that beast. :-)
I hear you, my kids all out of the house. One grand kid in college. So far I haven't had to chip in for him yet. Still working at 73 so I can afford my toys.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Chi991
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No official words on the diesel yet for the USA market, but it is rumored to be coming. I work at a local dealer and have been keeping a close eye on our updates in the system. LMK if you have any questions or anything I can look into for you.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:00 PM
fincher
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diesel is the way to go for high mileage, daily driving...but you already know that. It's worth the wait.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So far everything I've heard is 2015 as a 2016 model. 2 dealers have told me there's a meeting in October, should have more info then. I should set aside a little extra though, got to figure a price increase on the 2016 models.
I've been told by a reliable source that we won't see diesel on the ground in the U.S. until 1q16
Old 09-10-2014, 01:01 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Originally Posted by Hammer911
I've been told by a reliable source that we won't see diesel on the ground in the U.S. until 1q16
If that's what it is so be it. I measured the tread depth and decided that I didn't want another winter on those tires since they wouldn't make it in any event. It's going to suck to wait but I plan on running Porsche henceforth so that will be fine. Also I think setting the money aside helps with patience, as being funded it's not so much a hypothetical. I just wish I could place the order. It's a personality issue. I tend to parse things thoroughly but once due diligence is done I act decisively. This waiting to place the order is like purgatory.

I'll tell you though I did wish that I wasn't running high mileage. My buddy has the Cayenne GTS V8 and while I love the Macan, that thing is a total pig. IMO that's the bulletproof Porsche SUV.

And not to throw any cold water on it but I think the 2016 Macans will have initial iteration bugs ironed out.

But more than anything assessing my driving style and considering the linear power output of the S, despite how sexy the Porsche gas versions are, I know that the diesel torque will provide me greatest level of practical enjoyment. And for my entry into the brand I want to take good care in that regard.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:22 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But more than anything assessing my driving style and considering the linear power output of the S, despite how sexy the Porsche gas versions are, I know that the diesel torque will provide me greatest level of practical enjoyment. And for my entry into the brand I want to take good care in that regard.
You should wait to get what will make you truly happy

Quick Reply: Just ordered new shoes