Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Porsche Is Having Second Thoughts About Replacing Its Hottest Seller With An EV

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 11:41 PM
mrhebert
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 48 Posts

I just returned from Portugal and Spain. There are very few charging stations in those two countries. If it's not better in the rest of Europe, the manufacturers will have a hard time selling any EVs!
Old 08-07-2023, 11:42 PM
tonie90
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhebert
I just returned from Portugal and Spain. There are very few charging stations in those two countries. If it's not better in the rest of Europe, the manufacturers will have a hard time selling any EVs!
I see your Portugal and Spain and I raise you 1 Italy. Charging there is non-existent.
Old 08-08-2023, 04:09 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by earlyapex
I had a natural gas powered whole home generator installed as we have regular electric outages. Thanks PG%E. Charging at home at night is not an option.
Not only that, but I pay $0.40/KWHr from PGE. Kills the economics for EVs. If solar was cheaper and we had nuclear to drop the cost of power then maybe, but CA polititions have there head up their *** because they think they can forcefully mandate change.
The following users liked this post:
weston98 (08-09-2023)
Old 08-08-2023, 07:05 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by DHL
Not only that, but I pay $0.40/KWHr from PGE. Kills the economics for EVs. If solar was cheaper and we had nuclear to drop the cost of power then maybe, but CA polititions have their head up their *** because they think they can forcefully mandate change.
I don’t see an organized effort to stop them so they do what their special interest masters direct them to do.

Quick Reply: Porsche Is Having Second Thoughts About Replacing Its Hottest Seller With An EV