Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Bummer...wish I could help.
Old 06-17-2024, 06:51 PM
big_willy
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Razgumio
Has anyone tried using one of these: https://www.ottocast.com/ ?
I just purchased this and it works pretty well so far. One sudden glitch I came across was static in the audio, I unplugged the unit and restarted it and it was fine. Another downer was the resolution isn't as good and of course it is not full screen. But the unit is very cheap in comparison to the $600+ cost of innoXXXsoft, especially if you order it on aliexpress so there will be compromises as expected.
So far I have only used it for AA, I have not tried the netflix, youtube and other functionality.

Last edited by big_willy; 06-17-2024 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-17-2024, 07:52 PM
Razgumio
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by big_willy
I just purchased this and it works pretty well so far. One sudden glitch I came across was static in the audio, I unplugged the unit and restarted it and it was fine. Another downer was the resolution isn't as good and of course it is not full screen. But the unit is very cheap in comparison to the $600+ cost of innoXXXsoft, especially if you order it on aliexpress so there will be compromises as expected.
So far I have only used it for AA, I have not tried the netflix, youtube and other functionality.
What car did you install it in?
Old 06-17-2024, 09:45 PM
big_willy
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Razgumio
What car did you install it in?
2024 Macan GTS
Old 06-19-2024, 02:37 PM
Sze5003
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wasntme
I already have the Innovativesoftnz,com fix applied, but my wireless dongle died (it's 3 years old). I just wanted to try wired for a bit. I couldn't get it to work.
Go into your phone’s settings, you need to enable usb debugging. On android phones for example Samsung you go to settings, software information and tap the build number 7 times to enable developer options. Then you go into the developer options and enable usb debugging.

Once you connect your phone to the Macan a pop up should come up telling you usb debugging enabled, press to change usb mode. Change the mode from android auto/usb to midi or another mode and see if the AA comes up on the PCM.

If you previously used wireless AA you may need to factory reset the PCM and then connect your phone via usb for the PCM to recognize the connection mode and load up AA. It remembers the first way of connecting which makes it difficult to switch between wireless and wired mode sometimes. Which is also why if an IPhone connects first android auto will not pop up anymore unless you factory reset the PCM again.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sze5003:
Mike981S (06-19-2024), WillinEvergreen (06-20-2024)

Quick Reply: android auto