Notices
Macan 2014-Current

android auto

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 09:42 PM
wheelman38
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of these people who recommend Raymond only have one post on this forum. Just looks bogus to me.
Old 10-13-2023, 09:57 PM
innovativesoft
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

We sincerely regret that you feel this way. As you might notice, we have received over 200 positive reviews on this forum. We kindly ask that you take a moment to read through them before drawing any conclusions. Moreover, it seems there has been a misunderstanding, as we have not provided any products or services to you. We value our reputation and have garnered over 100,100 reviews in just one year. It's important to approach such matters with fairness and accuracy.https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...oftnz-com.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-macan/1343825-full-width-apple-carplay-hd.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera/1288402-maximise-carplay-screen-size-and-activate-android-auto.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-macan/1328148-make-macan-carplay-and-android-auto-in-hd-wide-screen-mode-like-2022-cayenne.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1324200-pcm5-whole-screen-carplay-android-auto.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-macan/1291309-all-you-need-to-know-carplay-android-auto-full-screen-mode-in-pcm5-2019-current-2.html

https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=12757

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019/1288396-carplay-full-screen-and-activate-android-auto.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera/1291814-why-full-screen-when-you-can-maximise-it-to-full-hd-resolution.html

Originally Posted by wheelman38
A lot of these people who recommend Raymond only have one post on this forum. Just looks bogus to me.

Last edited by innovativesoft; 10-13-2023 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-13-2023, 10:38 PM
SeattleBear
3rd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm one of those. What else would you like to know? Why don't I post more? I made sure the guy who spent almost 2 hours helping me get my car play and android auto full screen some credit. Didn't offer me anything in return for a post. I posted a lot on Club Touareg over the years. Not so much yet here or Macan Forum.
Have a nice night.
The following users liked this post:
Straya (12-29-2023)
Old 10-14-2023, 05:31 AM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 108 Posts

I felt the same and even mentioned exactly that in another thread, however, I bought a Sport Chrono enabled steering wheel from Raymond and it was an excellent experience. His communication was excellent and response time was incredibly fast.

The money outlay was much higher than the Android Auto mod but I was kept in constant communication and the wheel shipped from Asia to Florida in less than 4 days.

Although I have no need for this mod right now, I wouldn't hesitate to do this in the future or recommend him to anyone.

Last edited by BMinSFL; 10-14-2023 at 05:33 AM.
Old 10-14-2023, 08:48 AM
wheelman38
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SeattleBear
I'm one of those. What else would you like to know? Why don't I post more? I made sure the guy who spent almost 2 hours helping me get my car play and android auto full screen some credit. Didn't offer me anything in return for a post. I posted a lot on Club Touareg over the years. Not so much yet here or Macan Forum.
Have a nice night.
i am happy to hear you are satisfied. I apologize if my observations have been unfounded. Good luck with your upgrades.
Old 10-14-2023, 11:00 AM
WillinEvergreen
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

It is not bogus! Raymond installed AA on my 2020 Macon. Took about 45 minutes. He drives your computer while it's hooked up to your car. Everything worked perfectly. I have posted various comments in various threads. Raymond is definitely legitimate. So glad I did it.
​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
Santanamoda (10-14-2023)
Old 10-14-2023, 04:55 PM
GreggZ
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Another happy customer here.

Ray helped me put Android Auto on my 2018 S. I contacted him at about 10:00am one morning, and had it running perfectly later that afternoon.

Seamless transaction, great communication, sent over a file, spent 10 minutes in the car, pressed a few buttons, and done.

Couldn't have been easier.
Old 10-16-2023, 03:04 PM
alexchen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The real deal

Raymond is the real deal. He just upgraded my 2019 Porsche Cayenne flawlessly to whole screen. It took less than 20 minutes to upgrade and the end result is amazing.
Old 10-16-2023, 09:52 PM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by alexchen
Raymond is the real deal. He just upgraded my 2019 Porsche Cayenne flawlessly to whole screen. It took less than 20 minutes to upgrade and the end result is amazing.
Lol your're not helping his case by joining today and making this your first post.
Old 10-17-2023, 09:19 AM
WillinEvergreen
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

To slightly hijack this thread, Raymond's company also provides a small device that fits in the steering wheel, allowing you to use the Diamond button to skip from favorite track to favorite track in SiriusXM (and other media, I guess). Has anyone done this? Does it just go through the loop of your favorites? Thank you.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:25 PM
Sze5003
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Macan MY22
For Android Auto, I had had previously tried one of those Carlinkit devices that mimic AA through CarPlay and it did not work at all for me. Kept crashing the in car screen.

Just had AA 'activated' on my Macan MY22 PCM 5 car this morning by Innovative Soft NZ. Works really well and almost as if it were factory original.

Saw another poster on here make comment re their Android phone but wife had Apple. I'm in the same situation and there is a fix for this that Raymond flagged to me. If you plug iPhone in, the car reverts back to Apple CarPlay. No problem. To get the Android Auto back on the screen, plug in your (Android) phone, go to the home screen Notification on the phone re USB preference and select Midi. This will bring Android Auto back onto the car screen. No need to hard reset anything. This only is required if an iPhone has been used since your last AA session. If only using AA, you won't need this. I agree that this makes it slightly less seemless than a OEM Android Auto install but I think this is a really small price to pay for the otherwise excellent functionality of full screen AA on a PCM5 system.

Thank you Raymond (Innovative Soft NZ) . V happy I have my TomTom with traffic and speed camera alerts back! Raymond guides you through what kit other than the laptop you need to have beforehand (2x USB to Ethernet dongles and a memory stick - circa £20) and we were finished in 30mins. As a precaution, I used my CTEK MXS 7 charger on 12v mode so that the car battery was fully supported during the update as you have the car on ACC ignition on for the full process. Perhaps not necessary as it was only 30mins and you could take the car for a 20min drive with Start/Stop disabled beforehand instead.

No offence to Raymond but all of this makes you wonder why Porsche can't just do this for their customers.......probably want you to buy a Taycan which has PCM6 and AA on board.....Anyway, happy days in my Macan now! Cheers.....
Does changing to MIDI mode on any android phone work? I have an S23 Ultra and every time my fiancé drives the car CarPlay wirelessly pops up on the entertainment system. I connect my S23Ultra via usb cable(tried like 3 cables) and selected MIDI or another usb mode on my phone but it does not bring up Android auto. I still have to reset the infotainment system. I used Simaservice to do the mod and I am not sure about Raymond’s but it looks like both software mods have the same behavior.

I think maybe 1 time randomly when I connected via USB and selected MIDI it popped up android auto. I don’t use it now at all since my fiancé ends up driving the car often now and I don’t feel like factory resetting each time.
Old 12-16-2023, 06:01 PM
doublj01
1st Gear

Default 2023 Macan S

Had andriod auto installed. Working great! Highly recommend
Old 12-27-2023, 09:55 AM
mtalinm
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

2017 S here, so happy to have AA. only thing was I needed to get a Whatsapp account. then Raymond walked me through the install in a hotel parking lot. took maybe 15-20 minutes.
everyone warned me there would be "glitches" with aftermarket AA but it has worked flawlessly, even responding to texts via voice dictation.
very satisfied.
Old 12-27-2023, 10:48 PM
mtalinm
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

another very satisifed customer here. 2017 S
I was very skeptical that this could be done via a software-only upgrade, as Porsche didn't support AA in any vehicles until recently. I had watched YT videos of hardware overrides to activate AA, and my local audio expert said he has never seen an AA install work without glitches. at the price of activating Carplay (which mine didn' thave), it seemed way too good to be true.
but I jumped in because I almost passed on the car for lack of AA, so it was worth $300 to try.
all I needed was a USB drive and a Whatsapp account. I literally sat in my car in a hotel parking lot while InnovativeSoft walked me through the process. I took a pic of my head unit, and then they fed me the next step. took about 10-20 minutes.
once finished, I figured something wouldn't work -- like phone calls ... or reading text messages .. or voice replies to text messages. EVERYTHING WORKS
feel free to ask me questions if you are skeptical.

Last edited by mtalinm; 12-27-2023 at 10:59 PM. Reason: pressed send too early
Old 12-28-2023, 06:38 AM
Thodgen
1st Gear

Default Great installation

Gregory installed Android Auto for my 2021 Macan S! It's great to have. Such a great update.

I highly recommend.

Tomorrow, new JL Audio tweeters!

Quick Reply: android auto