CincyRovers
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes, it is coming from Emden.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:05 PM
lttymm
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you who had you car dropped off by Glovis Sunlight at Benicia on Sept 2nd, have you guys heard back from your dealers? Especially for people in the bay area
Old 09-09-2022, 05:48 PM
PorscheK
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lttymm
For those of you who had you car dropped off by Glovis Sunlight at Benicia on Sept 2nd, have you guys heard back from your dealers? Especially for people in the bay area
On Wednesday, my SA said it is showing “released to carrier” in their system. SA think it will arrive at his dealership this weekend and ready for pickup early next week after PDI is completed if it doesn’t have the Bose stop sale issue.
Old 09-09-2022, 06:06 PM
jhbs
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck. Keep us posted and share some photos when you can!
The following users liked this post:
PorscheK (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 09:58 PM
PorscheK
Advanced

Got an update from SA that the car is finishing up activation and details. So it will be ready for pick up tomorrow. I am fortunate that the car is not impacted by the Bose issue.
Old 09-10-2022, 02:57 AM
jhbs
Intermediate

Your SA is very responsive. Who is your dealer? Post some photos when you pick it up! Enjoy!
Old 09-17-2022, 02:13 PM
Michael69
Track Day

Hi Folks - we have a Macan which is supposed to ship from Emden to Baltimore with a "Exit Port Emden" date of Sept 23rd. Does anyone have a shipping schedule to show which ship it may be on?

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2022, 02:24 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks like you car should be on the SIEM CONFUCIUS. That is the same ship that delivered my Macan to Baltimore last month.
Attached Images
Old 09-17-2022, 02:45 PM
Michael69
Track Day

I can't thank you enough! Looking forward to tracking it.
Old 09-17-2022, 10:39 PM
PorscheK
Advanced

It has been a roller coaster ride for my Macan S delivery...and it is not trending well.

Post here: https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...l#post18365724
Old 09-18-2022, 05:25 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,027 Likes on 1,786 Posts

Originally Posted by JonCanadian
I came here expecting something different. That said, I have tracked my Macan GTS (stock tires) once at a lead/follow event and it held up surprisingly well. I do sporadically track my F80 M3 by way of comparison. It's a different experience sitting so high up on a track and it feels quite empowering in a Macan. The Macan corners well, doesn't roll and brakes very well but the exit is where is doesn't do so well. Maybe it's because the PDK hadn't really learned any track tricks or maybe it was some turbo lag or the Macan weight or maybe all of those factors. If I were to spend more time on a track, I definitely would need to learn how to do paddles. Another bummer is that brake pad replacement requires the calipers to come off (and those one time use bolts) plus you have to deal with the electric rear parking brake, so track specific pads would be a definite pain in the ***.

Tracking your Macan is definitely worth doing. So when your tires get to 3/32, try it out for a few hours!
Me too. Can't wait to track my Turbo PP. It's a porker but does surprisingly well in canyon roads.
Old 09-19-2022, 02:34 PM
CincyRovers
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

I just got word that my Macan has been released for transport today. Hopefully will be at the dealer here in Cincinnati in a few days. However, we can't take delivery of the car as it has been affected by the Bose amp shortage, and the dealer has no timeframe to when the part will arrive. While disappointing, I'm not at all surprised by this. Fingers crossed it will be here soon!
Old 09-19-2022, 04:05 PM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CincyRovers
I just got word that my Macan has been released for transport today. Hopefully will be at the dealer here in Cincinnati in a few days. However, we can't take delivery of the car as it has been affected by the Bose amp shortage, and the dealer has no timeframe to when the part will arrive. While disappointing, I'm not at all surprised by this. Fingers crossed it will be here soon!
Happy for you, same with me it finally arrived but it also has "Bose Stop Sale" with no ETA but, at this point with all the delays, missing parts, AC problems, expensive Transmission problems, and basically
a lack of reliability confidence, with heavy heart I've decided to cancel my order and hope I'll get my deposit back. I had several new Porsches through many years my last one was a 2015 never had any
serious problems with them of course they were all manual Transmision. I have 2 Mercedes models in my garage never had auto-trans or AC problems.
Sorry, just airing out my disappointment!
Old 09-20-2022, 03:02 AM
jhbs
Intermediate

So sorry to hear about your situations. I was ready to give up also. I ordered a ‘22 Macan S March 7 this year and, after an painful 6 months+ wait, took delivery Friday. I previously had a 2017 Macan S and loved it. This one is even better, it is an incredible vehicle. In between the Porsches, I had a ‘20 Mercedes GLC AMG43. For me, the difference is night and day. The Mercedes was jerky, stiff and the “safety” braking very quirky. The ‘22 Macan S is super quick, smooth, linear….sophisticated feeling. I am glad I stuck it out!
Old 09-20-2022, 03:53 AM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree, it is a great sporty vehicle and fun to drive but it just seems 2022-23 models are suffering from rush build
and poor quantity control, in addition some members have reported problems with no solution or having to wait
several weeks for parts, etc. Canceling my anxiously waited order wasn’t easy.

Quick Reply: Tracking Macan