Macan 2014-Current

Tracking Macan

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 09:32 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Tracking Macan

The latest Order Status Report for my Macan S is on V331 "Entry port Emden" as of 7/20/22. I assume this means the vehicle arrived at the port to be loaded onto a boat. Curious if anyone knows if there is a way to determine the name of the boat and if there is a way to track the boat.
Old 07-30-2022, 01:04 AM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CapitalAL
The latest Order Status Report for my Macan S is on V331 "Entry port Emden" as of 7/20/22. I assume this means the vehicle arrived at the port to be loaded onto a boat. Curious if anyone knows if there is a way to determine the name of the boat and if there is a way to track the boat.
I am at a very same order status as yours, my SA only knows that my Macan is at Emden "waiting to catch a boat" I've done some research and found two vessels that VW/Porsche group uses from Emden to San Diego (I am in Southern Cal)
both ships will sail out the first days in August, it will take about 25-29 days to arrive. Certainly, hope my car is in one of them.

Last edited by patrickoleas; 07-30-2022 at 10:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mustarossa (08-09-2024)
Old 07-30-2022, 09:24 AM
nevil
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Your SA should be able to tell you the name of the boat. If it's been made you should also get the VIN.
I used vesselfinder.com to track mine.
patrickoleas (07-30-2022)
Old 07-30-2022, 09:36 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 999 Likes on 667 Posts

My dealer was able to tell me the vessel name once it was loaded. Then I was able to track it on any maritime tracking site. The hardest part of the wait is between when the vessel arrives at the destination port and the car ends up at your dealer...that time period is basically a blackout even for your dealership.
patrickoleas (07-30-2022)
Old 07-30-2022, 10:18 AM
CapitalAL
Instructor

It is too early for my SA to know the name of the boat but I have been doing some research myself and found a schedule of boats departing from Emden. Mine will be arriving at Baltimore and my V332 "Exit Port Emden" expected date is 8/12/22. Based on process of elimination it looks like my vehicle will likely be on the SFL Composer which is scheduled to arrive at Emden on 8/4/22 and then at Baltimore on 8/17/22, which seems reasonable with my 9/2/22 estimated delivery date.

The following 2 users liked this post by CapitalAL:
patrickoleas (07-30-2022), shoelessjmw (07-31-2022)
Old 07-30-2022, 11:13 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Mine departed Emden, first reaching Davisville, RI, then unloading at Jacksonville, FL.

It was a total traffic jam watching it passing through the English Channel.

Yes, get the vessel name to permit tracking and ETA to next port.
Old 07-30-2022, 04:47 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 468 Likes on 318 Posts

Just because your vehicle has "Entry port Emden" date does not mean it will be on the next vessel. Your SA will be notified of the vessel via Porsche's computer system. At that point, you'll be able to track the vessel to its USA port.

My Macan arrived in Baltimore on the SFL Composer. Vessel docked late on June 9 and car arrived at the dealer the morning of the 12th. After dealer prep, it was delivered to me the following afternoon (Friday the 13th!!!).

Last edited by DBH; 07-30-2022 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:55 PM
rkw723
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Last year, there was 3 weeks as schedule default for time of entry into Emden to later departing Emden. I was lucky with my 22S for it to get to Emden a week ahead of schedule and left just two days after getting loaded on the ship! Hit San Diego 3 wks ahead of schedule but sat in SD due to staffing and other issues. Finally 3 wks later I picked it up in Jan.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:50 AM
mikebrinda
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

My GTS is sitting at Emden right now— but I don’t know why it is still sitting there. My destination port is San Diego, and it was sitting at Emden for days, in plenty of time to have been loaded onto the Triton Leader transport ship which was the next ship to San Diego. The Triton Leader left Emden on July 25 and is in the Atlantic Ocean right now on the way to the Panama Canal. But according to my SA, he has not received any notice my car is on this ship. So either it is on Triton Leader but is late posting to the Porsche vehicle tracking system . . . or it’s still sitting on the dock in the salty ocean air. Not a happy camper right now.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:15 AM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Originally Posted by mikebrinda
My GTS is sitting at Emden right now— but I don’t know why it is still sitting there. My destination port is San Diego, and it was sitting at Emden for days, in plenty of time to have been loaded onto the Triton Leader transport ship which was the next ship to San Diego. The Triton Leader left Emden on July 25 and is in the Atlantic Ocean right now on the way to the Panama Canal. But according to my SA, he has not received any notice my car is on this ship. So either it is on Triton Leader but is late posting to the Porsche vehicle tracking system . . . or it’s still sitting on the dock in the salty ocean air. Not a happy camper right now.
I understand very much your feelings, others including myself are waiting impatiently for our cars to get loaded into the next ship.
Glovis Sunlight and Cygnus Leader are sailing to San Diego the first week of August, LETS HOPE our cars will make it into
those ships.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:12 AM
PorscheK
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

My SA told me mine is on Glovis Sunlight. I looked up Stena Glovis ship schedule. ETA SD 8/29 and Benicia 9/1. Hope it will arrive ahead of schedule.
wingless (08-08-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 11:13 AM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Originally Posted by PorscheK
My SA told me mine is on Glovis Sunlight. I looked up Stena Glovis ship schedule. ETA SD 8/29 and Benicia 9/1. Hope it will arrive ahead of schedule.
ETA sounds realistic, it may arrive earlier it have happened before. When did your car arrive in Emden?

Last edited by patrickoleas; 08-03-2022 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-03-2022, 11:20 AM
mikebrinda
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

Not whining just reporting (ok, maybe whining a little bit) while my car has been sitting at the dock in Emden for days and weeks two ships have docked and departed for the port of San Diego . . . without loading my car. The next-- and last, ship listed on the VW transport ship export schedule headed for San Diego is the Cygnus Leader, which is scheduled to arrive in Emden tomorrow. My SA has no idea why my car was not loaded on the previous two ships. It is what it is.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:23 PM
PorscheK
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by patrickoleas
ETA sounds realistic, it may arrive earlier it have happened before. When did your car arrive in Emden?
Mine arrived in Emden on 7/25, SA told me there was a backlog at the port due to labor strike in mid July.
Old 08-03-2022, 04:20 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

My car has been siting at the port since 7/20. The next boat scheduled for Baltimore is the SFL Composer which should be at Emden tomorrow so hoping it will get on that one.

Quick Reply: Tracking Macan