Macan 2014-Current

Tracking Macan

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 07:13 PM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by pegdrag
Mine is likely to be somewhere.....it will arrive when it arrives!! The information is so sketchy.
Yes but, I just want to know when it gets on board so I’d know it is finally coming! even though it will
still take several weeks before I get my hands on it.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:47 PM
Gleebag
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by CapitalAL
Just got an update from my SA that my car is aboard the SIEM CONFUCIUS, anyone else on that ship?
My Macan T is on there, so excited!!!
The following users liked this post:
wingless (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 09:23 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Gleebag
My Macan T is on there, so excited!!!
Looks like your car will be heading to Baltimore as well and potentially even on the same truck as I am also in the Chicago area.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:40 PM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Congrats, I think you must be one of the first to get a MY’23 Macan.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:19 AM
rdubu
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

You can track a ship across open ocean with shipfix. Either find the ship in their directory (tedious)…

https://shipfix.com/ship-directory/1

Or use an URL formatted like these.

https://shipfix.com/ship/siem-confucius_IMO-9841017

https://shipfix.com/ship/glovis_sunlight_IMO-9798416

Last edited by rdubu; 08-09-2022 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Clarify
Old 08-09-2022, 12:03 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by rdubu
You can track a ship across open ocean with shipfix. Either find the ship in their directory (tedious)…

https://shipfix.com/ship-directory/1

Or use an URL formatted like these.

https://shipfix.com/ship/siem-confucius_IMO-9841017

https://shipfix.com/ship/glovis_sunlight_IMO-9798416
I have been using MarineTraffic.com and found it to be pretty good
Old 08-09-2022, 01:32 PM
jhbs
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry There seems to be no logic!

[QUOTE=CapitalAL;18293664]I have been using MarineTraffic.com and found it to be pretty good[/QUOTE
There seems to be no logic to which completed cars waiting at Emden get on a ship first. My 2022 Macan S was ordered from a dealer allocation March 31, 2022 with an expected delivery date to Southern California July 8, 2022. It was completed June 28 and entered Emden July 8 where it sits with two West Coast US bound ships having come and gone since. CapitalAL, I think you ordered a 2023 Macan in June which arrived in Emden July 20 and it is already on a ship heading to Halifax. While that might relate to East Coast/West Coast differences, rdubu mentioned that his 2022S was completed July 4 and is already on a ship headed to the West Coast. As it stands, it looks like my 2022, if and when it arrives, will arrive after 2023 models have been released. I am wondering if a dealer has some degree of control to prioritize which of its cars waiting delivery are put on a ship first. Anyone know how this actually works?
Old 08-09-2022, 01:55 PM
mikebrinda
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

I am also in Southern California. My GTS (ordered - V200 December 24, 2022) is supposed to enter the port of San Diego, and like you I have missed multiple ships leaving Emden for San Diego while my car sits at the pier. My dealer only speculates the recent dock workers strike caused ships to arrive, but then depart without my/our car because there was nobody to load it on the transport ship. When each dock mooring time expires the ship had to leave without my car-- and a bunch of cars. If you are in this same boat (no pun intended), look for the Grand Orion transport ship to pickup our cars around August 22 (see link below). Do note the * next to the Emden arrival date. The * means, "port call is subject to inducement", which in plain English means the ship will dock if there are enough cars to pickup for transport to San Diego and/or Los Angeles. I don't think that will be a problem given the number of ships that have left our cars sitting at the pier, but who knows. Meanwhile . . . I'm going on a cruise, and I'll bet after all these delays, for all the various reasons . . . my car arrives when I'm not here. 😂

https://www.nykroro.com/documents/RTW-AFCON/RTWwk30.pdf
The following users liked this post:
wingless (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 02:30 PM
jhbs
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dock workers strikes did not stop Porsches getting shipped

Originally Posted by mikebrinda
I am also in Southern California. My GTS (ordered - V200 December 24, 2022) is supposed to enter the port of San Diego, and like you I have missed multiple ships leaving Emden for San Diego while my car sits at the pier. My dealer only speculates the recent dock workers strike caused ships to arrive, but then depart without my/our car because there was nobody to load it on the transport ship. When each dock mooring time expires the ship had to leave without my car-- and a bunch of cars. If you are in this same boat (no pun intended), look for the Grand Orion transport ship to pickup our cars around August 22 (see link below). Do note the * next to the Emden arrival date. The * means, "port call is subject to inducement", which in plain English means the ship will dock if there are enough cars to pickup for transport to San Diego and/or Los Angeles. I don't think that will be a problem given the number of ships that have left our cars sitting at the pier, but who knows. Meanwhile . . . I'm going on a cruise, and I'll bet after all these delays, for all the various reasons . . . my car arrives when I'm not here. 😂

https://www.nykroro.com/documents/RTW-AFCON/RTWwk30.pdf
The dock worker strikes affecting Emden were 24 hours on June 9 and 23 and 48 hours July 18. I have read of Porsche buyers’ cars being on both of the ships that left Emden since my car arrived there July 8. The dock worker 48 hour strike did not prevent my car (or yours) from being on the Triton Leader or Glovis Sunlight.
The following 2 users liked this post by jhbs:
patrickoleas (08-09-2022), wingless (08-09-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 11:33 AM
patrickoleas
Advanced

If I understand correctly the inconsistencies of the different ship schedules it looks like Cygnus Leader will be the next boat to Southern Cal
it is still moored at the port of Bremerhaven, I think when it departs will be to Emden before crossing to San Diego, according to
NYK GROUP schedule it will be on August 15. Hoping that will be right.
Old 08-10-2022, 11:58 AM
rdubu
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by patrickoleas
If I understand correctly the inconsistencies of the different ship schedules it looks like Cygnus Leader will be the next boat to Southern Cal
it is still moored at the port of Bremerhaven, I think when it departs will be to Emden before crossing to San Diego, according to
NYK GROUP schedule it will be on August 15. Hoping that will be right.
Looks like it is underway to Emden.
Old 08-10-2022, 12:32 PM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Yes I just saw it, it will arrive in Emden tonight UTC time, a few more days and it will be on its way to San Diego
hope everyone’s car gets on board!
Old 08-10-2022, 01:46 PM
mikebrinda
Instructor

👍👏🤞
Old 08-13-2022, 10:56 AM
Tarmac83
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CapitalAL
Just got an update from my SA that my car is aboard the SIEM CONFUCIUS, anyone else on that ship?
My Macan S is on the SIEM Confucius as well.
Old 08-13-2022, 11:28 AM
mikebrinda
Instructor

Cygnus Leader recently left Emden and has now returned. Travels to ports of San Diego and Long Beach. Hopefully my/our cars that have been waiting at the port are loaded on it this time.

Quick Reply: Tracking Macan