Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Is the plant building the Macan's going to see any production delays?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 11:19 AM
MTVP49
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is the plant building the Macan's going to see any production delays?

Is it a foregone conclusion that there will be more disruptions due to the Russian invasion? My freeze date is coming up shortly. I hope that is not what it might really mean.

Last edited by MTVP49; 02-27-2022 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-27-2022, 11:36 AM
MrMarco
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 83 Posts

Thoughts?

Old 02-27-2022, 05:28 PM
nevil
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Good question. I have an S on order and asked my SA if the lock in or production dates would be affected. He said no, and in fact things were moving up. My lock in was moved up to 3/9. I have no idea if he's correct but I'll take anything to stay optimistic.
Old 02-27-2022, 05:58 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

They will have to also make up for the 800 or so vehicles destroyed in the cargo ship fire.
Old 02-27-2022, 08:13 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 947 Likes on 632 Posts

Shipping is delayed 1 month currently due to the ship fire and there being one less ship in the fleet. Have not heard anything about the factory being slowed down any more than it already was.

Anyone know if there are Ukraine or Russian sourced parts on the Macan?
Old 02-28-2022, 09:30 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by tk-porsche
They will have to also make up for the 800 or so vehicles destroyed in the cargo ship fire.
I was at a Porsche social event yesterday held at a dealership in the Chicago burbs and one of the announcements they made yesterday (which others have probably already heard) is that all vehicles lost on the Felicity Ace have already been re-allocated and production moved to the front of the line.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:47 AM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TikiLou
I was at a Porsche social event yesterday held at a dealership in the Chicago burbs and one of the announcements they made yesterday (which others have probably already heard) is that all vehicles lost on the Felicity Ace have already been re-allocated and production moved to the front of the line.
Hoping production will be somewhat caught up when I order my Macan in the summer. I am also in the Chicago Suburbs and was wondering if there is any particular dealer in the area that is better than another?
Old 02-28-2022, 09:54 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by CapitalAL
Hoping production will be somewhat caught up when I order my Macan in the summer. I am also in the Chicago Suburbs and was wondering if there is any particular dealer in the area that is better than another?
It seems to be pretty personal.

I bought mine at Motor Werks from Elvijs Rusins - he's a great guy. Very responsive. Very passionate about the brand.
Old 02-28-2022, 08:46 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 886 Posts

Seems likely that a lot of Porsches previously allocated for delivery to Russia will be made available elsewhere. Even if the sanctions don't block them directly, and even if the customers are paying in currencies other than rubles, the people in the market for those cars are going to experience severe financial difficulties in the near-to-medium term.
The following 2 users liked this post by Noah Fect:
secondtimer (03-01-2022), tsp533 (03-02-2022)
Old 03-01-2022, 05:42 PM
Gary S.
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

+1 on Motor Werks. Been my experience that even when it's bought from another dealer it's taken to them for service.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:25 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 128 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
Seems likely that a lot of Porsches previously allocated for delivery to Russia will be made available elsewhere. Even if the sanctions don't block them directly, and even if the customers are paying in currencies other than rubles, the people in the market for those cars are going to experience severe financial difficulties in the near-to-medium term.
Can you link something official?
Old 03-01-2022, 10:04 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 886 Posts

Just turn on the news, even Fox. This time around the sanctions have some teeth to them. Assets are being frozen around the world... assets denominated in dollars and Euros, not just rubles.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:21 AM
chriswd62
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 124 Posts

https://www.ft.com/content/cde1a3c5-...f-a09edfec8148

"Porsche and BMW have become the latest carmakers to announce plant closures in Europe because of a lack of parts from Ukraine, as the industrial fallout from the Russian invasion spreads."

"Porsche will close its Leipzig factory until the end of the next week, the Volkswagen-backed sports brand said on Wednesday. It comes after BMW on Tuesday night said several factories, including the Mini plant in the UK, would be forced to shutter. VW, which owns Porsche, has already closed two facilities in Europe and warned of further cuts because of scarce parts. As component flow from Ukraine dries up, carmakers are assessing the best ways to keep their European facilities running. Another major car brand in Europe told the FT it had sufficient parts to keep its factories running until next week, but may be forced to close afterwards. Carlos Tavares, Stellantis chief executive, said on Tuesday the impact on the company’s plants, which include sites across France, Italy, Germany, Spain and the UK, was currently “very limited” because it sources fewer parts than German rivals from eastern Europe"
The following users liked this post:
T3X4S (03-02-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 10:44 AM
chong0
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 89 Posts

horrible news, only making things worse for anyone trying to buy a new car. Can only imagine how this is going to drive up ADM on hard to get GTS models...
Old 03-02-2022, 12:59 PM
VAGfan
Pro

Received 278 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
Shipping is delayed 1 month currently due to the ship fire and there being one less ship in the fleet. Have not heard anything about the factory being slowed down any more than it already was.

Anyone know if there are Ukraine or Russian sourced parts on the Macan?
I know the steering wheel heating element is made in Ukraine...
The following users liked this post:
MrMarco (03-02-2022)

Quick Reply: Is the plant building the Macan's going to see any production delays?