Macan 2014-Current

Driver's side seat memory stopped functioning

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2021, 11:38 AM
JDailey
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Driver's side seat memory stopped functioning

Any suggestions before I call the dealer? The driver's side seat memory stopped working on my 2020 Macan. When you press the "Set" button on the door, the little red light no longer comes on. If you move the seat and then press 1 or 2, the seat doesn't move into the stored position. The passenger's side works fine. Any suggestions or just schedule an appointment? I already replaced both key fob batteries just in case.

Thanks!
-James
Denver, CO
Old 04-18-2021, 01:35 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 936 Likes on 565 Posts

Was going to suggest key fob, but you got it. Last resort is maybe something in vehicle settings in the PCM, but haven't rtfm myself.
Old 04-18-2021, 02:34 PM
PSEE
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

See post #2 in the following thread:
Old 04-18-2021, 02:40 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 391 Likes on 227 Posts

If the passenger side works, I’m inclined to think it’s a wiring issue or the switch module is malfunctioning. Sounds like an appt is in order.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:58 PM
JDailey
Instructor

Originally Posted by PSEE
See post #2 in the following thread:
Thanks! I'll give it a go and report back.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:06 PM
JDailey
Instructor

Wow, I seriously owe you one! I've owned 4 BMWs and 2 Audis before this Porsche, and I've never had a "reset" process like this. But it worked!! PSEE, you saved me a trip to the dealer -- thank you! I've copied the instructions from the other forum below:

(snip)
In order for your memory to remember a position, it needs to remember "the limits" of the seat first. Sometimes it looses those limits and you need to teach them again. To do this follow these instructions.
With your vehicle running, stand next to your seat, move your seat all the way forward and hold it there for 2 sec. Then move it all the way back and hold for 2sec. Then down and hold and then up and hold. Do not change the sequence.
Now try if you SET button lights up. If not, chances are there is something else that it needs to "learn". Do the above with your telescopic steering wheel. If the problem is still there, you will have to take it in for service, where they will connect a computer which imitates the above procedure for all memory functions.
(snip)

-James
Denver, CO
The following 7 users liked this post by JDailey:
2021Macan (04-26-2021), Filmore (05-31-2024), mvmojo (04-19-2021), O8X6al (07-20-2024), PSEE (04-19-2021), T3X4S (04-19-2021), zilexiang (10-01-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-19-2021, 02:08 PM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

I just had the same thing happen (no driver memory, unable to set memory) after moving the seat fully rearward and then forward to vacuum. I haven't done the limit relearn yet but, I'm fairly certain that's what I've got going on.
Old 08-28-2023, 06:50 PM
LHpotts
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDailey
Wow, I seriously owe you one! I've owned 4 BMWs and 2 Audis before this Porsche, and I've never had a "reset" process like this. But it worked!! PSEE, you saved me a trip to the dealer -- thank you! I've copied the instructions from the other forum below:

(snip)
In order for your memory to remember a position, it needs to remember "the limits" of the seat first. Sometimes it looses those limits and you need to teach them again. To do this follow these instructions.
With your vehicle running, stand next to your seat, move your seat all the way forward and hold it there for 2 sec. Then move it all the way back and hold for 2sec. Then down and hold and then up and hold. Do not change the sequence.
Now try if you SET button lights up. If not, chances are there is something else that it needs to "learn". Do the above with your telescopic steering wheel. If the problem is still there, you will have to take it in for service, where they will connect a computer which imitates the above procedure for all memory functions.
(snip)

-James
Denver, CO
Thank you so much for this post! I had the same issue and did the reset, as you described above, and it fixed the problem.

Lyman
Old 08-28-2023, 07:31 PM
97c2s993
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I can't believe the coincidence! This just happened to me last week where I lost seat memory in my '18 Macan GTS with 18-way seats. Initially I checked the fuse since it's a separate one for driver's side memory vs passenger. It was fine. I ruled that out for sure when while the button to set seat memory didn't work, and neither did memory buttons #1 and #2, BUT the button with the key still worked to the extent that it changed the temperature on the climate system. It didn't affect any other settings that I notices but it changed the temperature to the last setting when I got into the car, as I changed it after getting in, then pressed the button to test. Anyway, so glad to see this. Went out now, ran the sequence and it's fixed!
Old 10-01-2023, 07:13 PM
zilexiang
1st Gear

(snip)
(snip)

-James
Denver, CO
I specifically created an account on this website to say thank you. You are a god.
Old 10-15-2023, 10:22 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 168 Posts

As strange a fix as this seems, it solved my Memory Seat Module failure in my 2022 Cayman GTS.
Thanks very much for posting this cure. Saved me a trip to the stealership. 👍
Old 07-10-2024, 02:18 PM
rcurts
1st Gear

Default Seat and Steering Wheel Memory

Try this: Start the engine and step outside. Run the seat all the way forward and hold for a second of two. Then run the seat all the way back and hold. Then all the way down followed by all the way up. Do the same for the steering wheel - all the way down and hold then all the way up. Now try the memory button. This worked for me and a bunch of others. Good luck.

Any suggestions before I call the dealer? The driver's side seat memory stopped working on my 2020 Macan. When you press the "Set" button on the door, the little red light no longer comes on. If you move the seat and then press 1 or 2, the seat doesn't move into the stored position. The passenger's side works fine. Any suggestions or just schedule an appointment? I already replaced both key fob batteries just in case.

Thanks!
-James
Denver, CO
Old 07-11-2024, 03:19 AM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 126 Posts

Also remember you need to keep pressing the button if the engine is running. The only instance the button will work just pressing it once is when you initially open the door. But yes, if something is not initialized, it wouldn't work, but it's easy to remedy. I was surprised my CPO unit didn't have auto windows initialized, which tells me dealer must have disconnected the battery for something, and they forgot to initialize the auto window. Lowering it and keeping it depressed for a second, then raising it and holding for an additional second did the trick. Need to check the seats now. For some weird reason, my fully loaded '22 has manual steering column. Bummer.
Old 07-22-2024, 06:29 PM
markda
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Macan 2020- same issue and same solution, thanks!
Old 08-10-2024, 07:23 PM
sturmburo
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCtx
. For some weird reason, my fully loaded '22 has manual steering column. Bummer.
If you’re interested, this anomaly was due to the global silicon chip shortage. Porsche didn’t have the boards specifically for the steering column. Our GTS has the same deal—got a notice as the vehicle was about to be built that it was going to have a manual tilt/telescopic column.

They apologized with a $1,000 rebate (which the dealer then forgot to apply lol)!

Quick Reply: Driver's side seat memory stopped functioning