Macan 2014-Current

Driver's side seat memory stopped functioning

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2024, 04:40 PM
Rafal67554

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thx

Originally Posted by JDailey
Wow, I seriously owe you one! I've owned 4 BMWs and 2 Audis before this Porsche, and I've never had a "reset" process like this. But it worked!! PSEE, you saved me a trip to the dealer -- thank you! I've copied the instructions from the other forum below:

(snip)
In order for your memory to remember a position, it needs to remember "the limits" of the seat first. Sometimes it looses those limits and you need to teach them again. To do this follow these instructions.
With your vehicle running, stand next to your seat, move your seat all the way forward and hold it there for 2 sec. Then move it all the way back and hold for 2sec. Then down and hold and then up and hold. Do not change the sequence.
Now try if you SET button lights up. If not, chances are there is something else that it needs to "learn". Do the above with your telescopic steering wheel. If the problem is still there, you will have to take it in for service, where they will connect a computer which imitates the above procedure for all memory functions.
(snip)

-James
Denver, CO
Worked for me as well - I had mine detailed and panicked when I saw my presets no longer working (including the set light) - Your fix resolved it - Many thanks

Quick Reply: Driver's side seat memory stopped functioning