Notices
Macan 2014-Current

2021 vs 2022 Macan GTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 03:47 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

I found a local dealership willing to do MSRP for a GTS order. I'm on their "list" and should find out in a few weeks if I made the cut, lol. Couple of stealerships here in SoCal are charging $5-10k ADM, which I find ludicrous for a Macan. 992 TT/TTS orders are pulling that stunt but even then, I refuse to pay ADM. If I purchase this vehicle, which is most likely, it would be my first "MSRP" car! Crazy world we live in.
Old 10-11-2021, 06:01 PM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TikiLou
I agree that many dealers will be asking ADM and there are likely no discounts to be had in most cases, however, it can't be true about there being a backlog of orders for '21s that "could never be fulfilled", because we just placed an order for an MY21 Macan GTS at the end of July and the car was built three weeks ahead of schedule (planned completion for October 15th, actual completion September 20th).
Interesting. I built one in June and they are now telling me it’s not out of production until Oct 29th.
The following users liked this post:
TikiLou (10-11-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 07:40 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingchappy
Interesting. I built one in June and they are now telling me it’s not out of production until Oct 29th.
Sorry to hear that. I have to imagine it has to do with specific features. Things we don't have in ours include Burmester, ACC, PTV+, 18-way seats, LKA, Smartphone compartment. If yours has any of those, maybe they're contributing to the timeframe?
Old 10-11-2021, 08:20 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 207 Posts

I agree that many dealers will be asking ADM and there are likely no discounts to be had in most cases, however, it can't be true about there being a backlog of orders for '21s that "could never be fulfilled", because we just placed an order for an MY21 Macan GTS at the end of July and the car was built three weeks ahead of schedule (planned completion for October 15th, actual completion September 20th).
Not a backlog of taken orders, more meaning backlog of customers that wanted GTS Macans and could not get an allocation. You likely got a late July allocation due to your dealer gaining an allocation, trading for one, or someone backing out theirs (possibly to wait on a 2022 at that point). Either that or of course just lucky. Awesome that they completed your build early.

Hopefully it gets on a ship right away instead of sitting at Emden for a month like mine seems like it will be doing. It has watched two ships heading for my delivery port come and go. Seems no rhyme or reason to how all this ship scheduling is working. I am reading over on rennlist about 992 orders arriving at Emden beginning of Oct and getting on a west coast bound ship a day or two later and on the way. Yet, my Macan GTS that needs that same ship (or even the one a week later) has been sitting at the port since Sept 21 still has not moved an inch. Nuts.
TikiLou (10-11-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 08:32 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by meyecul
Not a backlog of taken orders, more meaning backlog of customers that wanted GTS Macans and could not get an allocation. You likely got a late July allocation due to your dealer gaining an allocation, trading for one, or someone backing out theirs (possibly to wait on a 2022 at that point). Either that or of course just lucky. Awesome that they completed your build early.

Hopefully it gets on a ship right away instead of sitting at Emden for a month like mine seems like it will be doing. It has watched two ships heading for my delivery port come and go. Seems no rhyme or reason to how all this ship scheduling is working. I am reading over on rennlist about 992 orders arriving at Emden beginning of Oct and getting on a west coast bound ship a day or two later and on the way. Yet, my Macan GTS that needs that same ship (or even the one a week later) has been sitting at the port since Sept 21 still has not moved an inch. Nuts.
I think we did get lucky TBH. Not only with the allocation (I was waffling on a MY22 and my SA suggested going with a MY21), but yeah, it only sat at the port in Emden for 5 days and then was on its way. Fingers crossed that it's got all its parts when it get here
Old 10-11-2021, 08:34 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 898 Likes on 538 Posts

Mine sat in Emden for a few days too, while they loaded the others.
Old 10-11-2021, 09:15 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 207 Posts

I think we did get lucky TBH. Not only with the allocation (I was waffling on a MY22 and my SA suggested going with a MY21), but yeah, it only sat at the port in Emden for 5 days and then was on its way. Fingers crossed that it's got all its parts when it get here
Oh, thats cool it made it on a ship! Was yours to the west coast as well?
TikiLou (10-11-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 10:28 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by meyecul
Oh, thats cool it made it on a ship! Was yours to the west coast as well?
Baltimore (we're in the Chicago area)
Old 10-12-2021, 06:29 PM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Yep, I got the dreaded 18 ways and PTV+ on my order.
TikiLou (10-12-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 12:55 PM
schnell
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

The situation with computer-chip dependent options seems to change quickly... we got the 18 way seats on our July build (ordered in April), but they shipped it with a manual steering column adjuster. When the electrically adjustable column becomes available, the dealer will pick up the vehicle and swap the column.
TikiLou (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 12:20 AM
SD00
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^^ Exact same for me. April order, August delivery.
TikiLou (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 09:51 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by schnell
The situation with computer-chip dependent options seems to change quickly... we got the 18 way seats on our July build (ordered in April), but they shipped it with a manual steering column adjuster. When the electrically adjustable column becomes available, the dealer will pick up the vehicle and swap the column.
I SO wish I'd ordered in April instead of July...if I had, my incoming GTS would also be Mamba Green Metallic. I'm still at a loss as to why they discontinued it. It's one of the most beautiful colors they've ever offered IMO.

Last edited by TikiLou; 10-14-2021 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-14-2021, 11:26 AM
schnell
Rennlist Member

I SO wish I'd ordered in April instead of July...if I had, my incoming GTS would also be Mamba Green Metallic. I'm still at a loss as to why the discontinued it. It's one of the most beautiful colors they've ever offered IMO.
My wife and I really had no long discussions about color choice when we did our configuration... it was the clear winner.

I'd like to say we were super-smart or had a secret informant, but it was just luck that we pushed the button when we did. We had been planning to do it in spring of 2020, but then COVID-19, etc.,etc.

Virtually every time we go out, we get smiles and thumbs up from other drivers, and if we stop somewhere (even gas stations) someone will probably come up to us and tell us how they love the color. We were pleasantly used to that with our Speed Yellow 993, but this is a surprise. I guess in a world of white, black, and silver vehicles it does stand out. But beyond being just different, it really is beautiful, especially in the sunlight.
The following 2 users liked this post by schnell:
flyingchappy (10-15-2021), TikiLou (10-14-2021)
Old 10-15-2021, 09:13 AM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Just got word that my 21’ GTS cleared production and it’s on its way to port. Odd taking a delivery of a MY21 so late.
TikiLou (10-15-2021)
Old 10-16-2021, 02:27 PM
schnell
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flyingchappy
Just got word that my 21’ GTS cleared production and it’s on its way to port. Odd taking a delivery of a MY21 so late.
Congrats on the build finishing... I suspect you will love it as much as we love ours!
TikiLou (10-18-2021)

Quick Reply: 2021 vs 2022 Macan GTS Order