Notices

"Protect" HWFMR

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 12:12 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
I do. And when I was a corporate drone, I used to hate firing people who loved me.
Ok, now I hate you then.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Videos. Please.
***PuhLEEZE. Dream on, bud. Lolol. But thanks for the (sort of, I guess) compliment. Ha!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Ok, now I hate you then.
Those people were easy to fire.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:19 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Hmm I loved firing guys that hated me. Hey what's with this corporate drone stuff? I suppose you know that all of us are unpaid voluteers? But, I got a Christmas bonus this year, three tons of crap for making the guidelines for this site visible.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:44 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Hmm I loved firing guys that hated me. Hey what's with this corporate drone stuff? I suppose you know that all of us are unpaid voluteers? But, I got a Christmas bonus this year, three tons of crap for making the guidelines for this site visible.
I hope you guys realize I was joking. I don't hate anyone here and I appreciate the volunteer effort you guys make and realize you that have to put up with a lot of crap with no compensation - other than firing people you hate.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Hmm I had forgotten about the firing perk....
Old 12-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

I hope you guys realize I was joking. I don't hate anyone here and I appreciate the volunteer effort you guys make and realize you that have to put up with a lot of crap with no compensation - other than firing people you hate.
I know you don't.

Thanks Steve.

Beers are on Bonni.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:02 AM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

But, I got a Christmas bonus this year, three tons of crap for making the guidelines for this site visible.
Your Rennlist sticker is now in the mail.

Happy Holidays from Internet Brands!

Old 12-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, that's it for this week's group therapy session. We will meet again next Monday at the usual time and place.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:46 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

I wasn't talkin' about you luv.. You're aces in my book... So are all the other mods. I know you guys are just having to parrot the Corporate Drone BS. I have to do that at work myself. But here, I'm just fulfilling my role as official **** disturber and troublemaker. I take a smaller blood pressure medicine dose this way.

Now, back to **** disturbing......
You are way off target with the view that this is some corporate drone BS. IB never came in and set rules, quite the opposite. The Moderators realized that things had gotten out of hand in many forums with many posts. The entire nature of Rennlist (as a whole) was rapidly changing for the worse. The MODERATORS initiated discussions about rules and enforcement. We, as a group, came up with a re-statement and clarification of those rules.

So no, we are not having to parrot any Corporate Drone BS. If you think it is BS, then let's be clear that you are saying that about the Moderators, not IB. We are trying hard to preserve a community that has done quite well for over a decade.

Now, for those that feel a need for tightly defined rules and strict definitions of what is acceptable - it ain't gonna happen here. This is a community and will remain such. Communities have gray areas, and they evolve as well. If you want rules, then I suggest you go to cornercarvers.com. It is a very nice forum about DE and racing. They have clear-cut rules. When you violate their rules, you are out - rarely a warning. Frankly, 90% of the stuff on Rennlist would not be allowed there. But there is little, if any, gray area.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,598 Likes on 832 Posts

Corporate drone comment is sarcasm directed at the corporate drones telling you guys what to do.

Mark...lighten up. (Marks's editorial removed)

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 12-23-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:17 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Corporate drone comment is sarcasm directed at the corporate drones telling you guys what to do.

Mark...lighten up. I'm just trying to be a jerk here. I'm a funny guy. I went to the same college as Dave Barry. (But I never did too well at reading comprehension.)
Maybe you missed it - there are no corporate drones telling us what to do. Insults directed at so-called corporate drones are really directed at the moderators.

Maybe you should consider lightening up and stop trying to be a jerk. The moderators are always taking crap from users and we always appreciate those few who actually supports us in a difficult role and don't try to be jerks towards us.

Am I overly sensitive right now? Probably yes, but you have not seen all the childish behavior we are trying to deal with.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

OK...about time to cue in Rodney King...

(My version is..."Can't we all just go racing???")
Old 12-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,598 Likes on 832 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Maybe you missed it - there are no corporate drones telling us what to do. Insults directed at so-called corporate drones are really directed at the moderators.

Maybe you should consider lightening up and stop trying to be a jerk. The moderators are always taking crap from users and we always appreciate those few who actually supports us in a difficult role and don't try to be jerks towards us.

Am I overly sensitive right now? Probably yes, but you have not seen all the childish behavior we are trying to deal with.
As I already said, it was SARCASM. Sheesh. And why did you feel the need to change my post above? Neither appropriate nor appreciated.

Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 12-23-2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Mark changed my post again...why's that?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:30 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Why not just close this thread. All we're going to do in it is argue about <expletive deleted>.

Quick Reply: "Protect" HWFMR