Notices

It's on! GR vs. VR @ TWS in Sept/07!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RDL . . . I see it as a battle of their gear shifters.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,579 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by RDL
I'm confused, what does this challenge resolve?
GR, in your quest to become a pro, what does beating a club racer prove?
VR, in beating a self absorbed internet wannabe, what do you gain?
You need to learn to read better, bubba.

GR is betting that instead of being 5+ seconds slower than I am, in his own car, he will only be 4.9 seconds SLOWER. He is not betting that he will beat anyone. The only thing he beats is his own meat.

What do I gain? The immense satisfaction of seeing a two-bit pottymouthed liar/cheat/bad check writer/racist/bully spend thousands of dollars he doesn't have just to watch me pull his strings. In short: karma.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by RDL
I'm confused, what does this challenge resolve?
GR, in your quest to become a pro, what does beating a club racer prove?
VR, in beating a self absorbed internet wannabe, what do you gain?
My logic for doing TWSC... VR issued a challenge which I know I should be able to win easily. 5 seconds is eternity. He offered to pay for gas/hotel/entry fee if he fails to cover.

I'm simply taking advantage of that. This is mainly for personal satisfaction. I work for myself so my schedule is flexible. It is a far tow and I have to invest about a week to get there and back. But VR stands to lose about $2000 or so if he fails... that means even if me makes $10k a month he is still basically going to lose a week of his hard (or easily earned) cash. So the risk is worth it to me. He will have home track advantage but I'm not too worried about learning a new track... my risk is minimal.

Also, I he wins and beats me by 5, that's a great reality check for me. I would absolutely love it for some one.... ANYONE to beat me at a track in my own car my 5. I simply believe it is physically impossible.... especially on a 2-2:30 minute track. On a 4 minute track or more, perhaps. TWS is an roval course, half of the track should be all just flat out... so I believe Dave has his work cut out for him... finding the 5. His best hope is that I fail to pick up the track quickly.

It would seem that Dave just want to prove that he is a better driver than myself. I commend him for stepping up and issue the challenge. But he grossly underestimate my abilities... We will find out soon.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:33 AM
RDL
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 12 Posts

GR, would you not be more satisfied by spending the money on buying a seat in a pro ride to advance your pro career?
This challenge gains you nothing in the advancement of your career!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RDL
I tried to explain that to him a while back, but he simply doesn't get it.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:44 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

VR's friends from Texas told me all about it... they highly recommend me showing up. They told me he's not that great of a driver to start with... and I have nothing to worry about. It will be my race to lose (ie, my own fault).

It will bring a big smile for me. Another reason is, after I humiliate Dave and send him back to reality, I will go up to DFW. One of my great mentors (engine design and modification) is there. See http://www.theoldone.com

I will spend couple of days there and drive back to Phoenix. The Sept 22/23 weekend NASA-AZ will be @ PIR. I will get to run for free and enjoy hanging out with my buddies from Phoenix. FartMachine will get some modifications done @ Full-Race Motorsports. http://www.full-race.com

I will miss another NorCal H1 weekend but I don't care... I can race for free @ AZ... gotta love freebies.

I will have Honda Cup race @ Infineon + Laguna Seca soon anyway.

I have lot of things going on with sponsorships and new race car stuff too. I won't bother to reveal them until everything is done and the new projects are ready. In the past every time I reveal my agendas the FTT's just tearing apart... it's pointless.

I've got pro racer friends to guide me whenever I need help.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

If some of VR's friends from Texas really did tell you that, then they are REALLY good friends of his. They're baiting you!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:52 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Have you rode with Dave? So you're saying he's pretty good ehh?

And you think I suck bad enough that he will beat me in my own car by 5? You don't think he's a bit too cocky about that?

Do you think you can beat me in my own car by 5? How about @ next TEAM we do a little challenge. I'll sign up to run adv. and pay full price. If you beat me by 5 I shut up and never and ever show up at your events again. If you fail, you pay me back my entry fee and I'm a normal participant at your event and I get to instruct my own students.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:08 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by MJHanna
I don’t give a rat’s *** about you /your car or beating you. I’m RACING my vintage car at TWS 2 weeks before you show up for a DE. Look at my post count I been reading on this form for YEARS. I’m not flapping my gums in the wind, nor will I get in a pissing contest with a troll.
Relax MJ, That was for Bon. Haha. So you do vintage gentleman racing ehh? I'm so sacred. *wink*. Anyhoo. What vintage car do you have?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jim Child
I tried to explain that to him a while back, but he simply doesn't get it.
Some others here tried too...I pointed out that this a lose-lose for him: If he gets beaten in his own car by 5 sec or more, it is embarassing; if he gets beaten by less than 5 sec in his own car, he still got beaten and it is embarassing .
All this in his own car after driving/towing for thousands of miles, just to get incurred expenses reimbursed....makes no sense
Which makes sense....
Old 08-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Frank -- you will never be a participant at my events ever again. No bet, no deal, no participation. Am I afraid to lose to your bet? No. I'm afraid for my drivers and I'm afraid of losing business. And another thing, if I don't want you to ever show up at my events, I can make that happen without a bet. Don't try me.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RDL
GR, would you not be more satisfied by spending the money on buying a seat in a pro ride to advance your pro career?
In an earlier post, he has already pointed out that he had planned to visit friends in Fort Worth, so the trip isn't quite as big a deal as he makes it out to be.

Talking sense to this guy, as we have all tried many times, is a colossal waste of your time!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:29 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bonster
Frank -- you will never be a participant at my events ever again. No bet, no deal, no participation. Am I afraid to lose to your bet? No. I'm afraid for my drivers and I'm afraid of losing business. And another thing, if I don't want you to ever show up at my events, I can make that happen without a bet. Don't try me.
We don't have to do it at your event. Forget about all that. Don't worry I won't show up are your event again.

However, my real questions is do you think you can beat me by 5 sec.? Are you interested in a similar time trial challenge? Say @ a THill test day or BW test day. I'm willing to race you headsup $100/sec. Just to prove a point... (that I"m a lot better driver than you give me credit for)...
Old 08-21-2007, 12:31 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by LoanWolf
Some others here tried too...I pointed out that this a lose-lose for him: If he gets beaten in his own car by 5 sec or more, it is embarassing; if he gets beaten by less than 5 sec in his own car, he still got beaten and it is embarassing .
All this in his own car after driving/towing for thousands of miles, just to get incurred expenses reimbursed....makes no sense
Which makes sense....
And if I beat VR? Wouldn't the trip make a lot of sense?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,579 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
If some of VR's friends from Texas really did tell you that, then they are REALLY good friends of his. They're baiting you!
EXACTLY.

But Francine is TOO DUMB to see that.

Quick Reply: It's on! GR vs. VR @ TWS in Sept/07!