Notices

It's on! GR vs. VR @ TWS in Sept/07!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 01:11 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
It's a matter of opinion really. Maybe the reality is that, I'm better than you will ever get. That's some thing you find hard to accept as a possibility?

Great drivers make minor mistakes all the times. When you drive at the absolutely limit you're dancing all the times... between the steering and the throttle. It's never perfect. You can always get better. And that is the truth.
It has nothing to do with driving. Why can you not see this? Maybe you should consider the possibility that you, and not the rest of the world, could be wrong. Self-confidence is admirable. I have that in spades. Blind arrogance is disgraceful. Make sure you are not suffering this malady.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:44 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
It has nothing to do with driving. Why can you not see this? Maybe you should consider the possibility that you, and not the rest of the world, could be wrong. Self-confidence is admirable. I have that in spades. Blind arrogance is disgraceful. Make sure you are not suffering this malady.
What are you talking about then? It is pretty specific? Attitude? Lets you how you would take it when people make up lies and bull**** about you and none of it is true. I've never gotten pissed at any one for disrespecting my driving or my take on instructing. To me everyone is entitled to their opinions on that. But when you get personal you better be ready to dance.

You guys are obviously extremely self centered if you think you are "rest of the world". Majority of Porsche owners are wannabe poser snob show offs that have more money than common sense or knowledge. I've met plenty of VERY nice Porsche owners but also plenty of snobs. But it's not exclusive to Porsche owners. Any car that cost over $60k typically it's almost a 50/50 chance or greater that they are little snobbish...
Old 08-18-2007, 01:53 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

What are you talking about then? It is pretty specific? Attitude? Lets you how you would take it when people make up lies and bull**** about you and none of it is true. I've never gotten pissed at any one for disrespecting my driving or my take on instructing. To me everyone is entitled to their opinions on that. But when you get personal you better be ready to dance.

You guys are obviously extremely self centered if you think you are "rest of the world".
I am talking about your ability to justify your actions and never accept that you may not have made the correct decisions under the circumstances. You seemingly never make a mistake. Here, your friend warns you that your behavior, as well as VR's, is unseemly. Rather than simply accepting his admonition, you justify your "behavior" by pointing to supposed wrongs by others that occurred years ago.

I have no interest in dancing with you. I don't know you. I reserve judgment with respect to all things. I must confess, though, that you really do not come across well in the Internet, and I do not buy your philosophy of complete separation between personal and Internet personalities and relationships.

I couldn't be more opposite than extremely self-centered. pot calling kettle black. Think about that for a minute.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:06 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by TD in DC
I am talking about your ability to justify your actions and never accept that you may not have made the correct decisions under the circumstances. You seemingly never make a mistake. Here, your friend warns you that your behavior, as well as VR's, is unseemly. Rather than simply accepting his admonition, you justify your "behavior" by pointing to supposed wrongs by others that occurred years ago.
What circumstances? There's a flipside to every coin. When I provide my reasoning and logic you guys fail to look at it from a different perspective. It is obvious who is ignorant...

I have no interest in dancing with you. I don't know you. I reserve judgment with respect to all things. I must confess, though, that you really do not come across well in the Internet, and I do not buy your philosophy of complete separation between personal and Internet personalities and relationships.

I couldn't be more opposite than extremely self-centered. pot calling kettle black. Think about that for a minute.
Most people are simply afraid to deviate from the norm and speak their minds usually because they are afraid of being singled out in public. I only speak the truth. I'll name some examples: If ANY instructors that says they do not take pleasure in driving someone else's car that they have never driven before (be it a $30k Evo9 or $130k 997 TT) I call that bull****. Every time I drive someone else's car I do it with the intent of helping them. But I also don't bull**** about the fact that I take great pleasure in getting the opportunity to drive cars that I haven't driven before... The worst thing I've done to a students car is 2 wheels off @ a low speed corner (brake fade). That's pretty tame if you ask me, it's very rare for me to drive someone else's car that hard; they would have to be pretty advanced and I'm showing them what it is like at or near the limit to help them.

Now if I know the guy that's another story; lot of people don't mind me driving theirs cars to the limit. If anything, they asked me to do it. On a handful of occasions I've spun other people's car but they are personal friends or people I know very well. That's pretty clean record (since 1999) compare to instructors who've gone 4 wheel off or bent some ones wheels, kiss objects, or even worse... NONE of my student (300+) has ever hurt their car with one exception, this one Vette guy bent one of his rim @ corkscrew @ Laguna Seca when he drop the right 2 off on the inside... I TOLD him about his line was off just before we enter the corner but I chose not the grab his steering wheel that particular time.

Perhaps you can see why I'm so proud and confident when it comes to instructing and driving. I've never felt like I'm the best because there is always some one better. I just know that I'm pretty damn good.

Now, over the years if I just shutup and just go about instructing and never spoke up in public, everything would be fine and dandy... But I guess I'm a bit too passionate about cars and it was hard for me to stop talking about all the cool cars. But you don't see me posting about driving CGT or CLK DTM's too much anymore... too many haters out there. Can't wait until the Buggati arrives.

Last edited by GhettoRacer; 08-18-2007 at 03:06 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:44 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

It's a matter of opinion really. Maybe the reality is that, I'm better than you will ever get. That's some thing you find hard to accept as a possibility?

Great drivers make minor mistakes all the times. When you drive at the absolutely limit you're dancing all the times... between the steering and the throttle. It's never perfect. You can always get better. And that is the truth.
Correction:

When you're driving 5 seconds beneath the limit...
Old 08-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Jason

How do you like the picture of the upstanding guy giving the camera the finger that the fool proudly posted?
Old 08-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Yet another GR forum post down the rabbit hole. For some reason Frank you think that you can make up your own reality and it's just your "different" point of view. What you continue to fail to realize is that there is a reality outside of your head and you continue to ignore it.

Psychosis :"a severe mental disorder, with or without organic damage, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality and causing deterioration of normal social functioning."
Old 08-18-2007, 09:39 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

What circumstances? There's a flipside to every coin. When I provide my reasoning and logic you guys fail to look at it from a different perspective. It is obvious who is ignorant...

Most people are simply afraid to deviate from the norm and speak their minds usually because they are afraid of being singled out in public. I only speak the truth. I'll name some examples: If ANY instructors that says they do not take pleasure in driving someone else's car that they have never driven before (be it a $30k Evo9 or $130k 997 TT) I call that bull****. Every time I drive someone else's car I do it with the intent of helping them. But I also don't bull**** about the fact that I take great pleasure in getting the opportunity to drive cars that I haven't driven before... The worst thing I've done to a students car is 2 wheels off @ a low speed corner (brake fade). That's pretty tame if you ask me, it's very rare for me to drive someone else's car that hard; they would have to be pretty advanced and I'm showing them what it is like at or near the limit to help them.

Now if I know the guy that's another story; lot of people don't mind me driving theirs cars to the limit. If anything, they asked me to do it. On a handful of occasions I've spun other people's car but they are personal friends or people I know very well. That's pretty clean record (since 1999) compare to instructors who've gone 4 wheel off or bent some ones wheels, kiss objects, or even worse... NONE of my student (300+) has ever hurt their car with one exception, this one Vette guy bent one of his rim @ corkscrew @ Laguna Seca when he drop the right 2 off on the inside... I TOLD him about his line was off just before we enter the corner but I chose not the grab his steering wheel that particular time.

Perhaps you can see why I'm so proud and confident when it comes to instructing and driving. I've never felt like I'm the best because there is always some one better. I just know that I'm pretty damn good.

Now, over the years if I just shutup and just go about instructing and never spoke up in public, everything would be fine and dandy... But I guess I'm a bit too passionate about cars and it was hard for me to stop talking about all the cool cars. But you don't see me posting about driving CGT or CLK DTM's too much anymore... too many haters out there. Can't wait until the Buggati arrives.
Yes, it is obvious who is ignorant.

NOTHING has changed since 2003, has it.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:56 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

blah blah blah... **** you **** tarts. i'm a better driver and a better man than every one of you **** talking mother ****ers. step it up when you're man enough to put $$ where your mouth is.

back to the subject - GR vs. VR @ TWS 09/07.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:06 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

blah blah blah... **** you **** tarts. i'm a better driver and a better man than every one of you **** talking mother ****ers. step it up when you're man enough to put $$ where your mouth is.

Nice. On cue. Show your true character, which is particularly appropriate since I wasn't talking about driving.

I have gone real easy on you GR. In fact, I have not insulted you during this exchange (despite you calling me ignorant). In any event, picking on you is like taking candy away from a child. It is not interesting, but you practically beg people to despise you. Amazing talent you have.

Jason, are you beginning to see what we see?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:08 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

whatever son, you've been playing the same tune with the same ignorant close minded attitude. later son you're a waste of my time.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,579 Likes on 825 Posts

And this, folks, synopsizes GerbilRaper the Paper Boy to a tee.

Jason, thank you for your post. It was s stand-up thing to do. However, do you REALLY want your good name associated with a person who chooses the above as standard communication protocol?

I would like to, again, help clear up your misconception on this event. It is NOT a race of any sort. I have made that clear since it began. I would think that, in your capacity at NASA, you would know what a race is. Trying to better one's times in DE conditions is NOT a race.

Rather it was a challenge based on Francine's being 5 seconds per lap SLOWER, IN HIS OWN CAR, than his car's previous owner, ON HIS HOME TRACK. So I knew right then that I could drive his car at least 5 seconds a lap faster than he could as well, in DE conditions, with DE passing rules, without risking or endangering anyone else. It is NOT a race, and you really should stop calling it one. It is merely what lots of guys do at DE's: compare lap times. In this case, in addition to bragging rights, I have upped the stakes for GerbilRaper. And I have already won.

Francine is a ****ty driver who revels in his ****tiness. Witness the photograph below, where he takes pride in wrecking someone else's prized race car. There is ALWAYS an excuse with him. It is NEVER his fault. Again, how can you, in good conscience, be in any way associated with someone so lacking in character?

You are judged in part by the company you keep, Jason. If I were you, respectfully, I would be VERY reticent to keep company with Mumu Haha Lin.

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 02-20-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:25 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

cut the **** talking and lets get this **** done son. grow the **** up dude.

send Larry (or Bonni or someone we both trusts) $1000 to show me that you are serious. stop playing little technicality bull****s games and be reasonable.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:28 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

send Larry (or Bonni or someone we both trusts) $1000 to show me that you are serious. stop playing little technicality bull****s games and be reasonable.
And the king of unintentional irony strikes again!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,579 Likes on 825 Posts

Go self-mate, you coward.

I have already won. You will not register, you will not show, and you will not ever live it down.

Oh, and "stop playing little technicality bull****s games and be reasonable". Snork...

Quick Reply: It's on! GR vs. VR @ TWS in Sept/07!