Notices

NEWSFLASH Ghettochicken went and actually raced. Mylaps proof.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:09 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Child
Are you sure its not because he's 4 seconds faster per lap in your own car back when it had 13 fewer hp? Also, what makes you think the rest of us wouldn't beat you as bad as Andrie does? Some of us have results similar to Andrie's in our respective classes.
actually, I believe when Andrie did 1:51's it was when he had the car around 04 or 05 - ish. when Andrie did take FartMachine out the last time in late 2006 his best was 1:52.x. when I bought the car Kenji said it once made 200 whp. it made like 185 whp when i first dynoed it as-is from Kenji.

the handling of the car was perfect, no complains. braking was the biggest one and a test day or 2 should solve that. my w2w is not polished yet but when it comes to lay down a fast lap i'm not afraid to go against anyone.

Seriously, here's some good honest advice. Don't sell Fart Machine. Its an actual functioning race car with a log book, and a valid 2007 tech inspection. Its something that you can use to gain some much needed seat time and W2W race experience. When you're as fast in that car as Andrie was, then maybe you should think about a more competitive car. Until then its the driver you need to work on improving. A much better bet would be to sell one or more of the other cars and spend the money on entry fees and maintenance. Also, buy a tow vehicle and a trailer if you can swing it. The peace of mind you get knowing you can tow the car home if you break it usually results in a noticeable improvement in lap times.
Thanks for your advice.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:13 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
You're still a track virgin.

BTW, Who convinced you to buy three similar cars? Some ******* named Frank M Lin?

Definitely sell Fart Machine. The name alone made you a laughingstock yet again.

(aka project tsukuba07) =

Frank, you got to give up ProjectSpankThe MonekyHourly and get a grip on reality. You are coming across as the biggest loser ever on the internet, and you had some serious competiotion for that title.
pull that ***** out of your *** CHIken. FartMachine is a simple fun nickname. lot of people name their cars/pets/whatever it matters to me and not to anyone else.

and it's spelled competition you dumb ****.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
pull that ***** out of your *** CHIken. FartMachine is a simple fun nickname. lot of people name their cars/pets/whatever it matters to me and not to anyone else.

and it's spelled competition you dumb ****.
Ownage, you semi-illiterate buffoon. And you don't want me to start correcting your posts...
Old 07-03-2007, 01:19 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

lol. dammit, you just made me giggle. again.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

pull that ***** out of your *** .
Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Franked, is it possible for you to respond in anything but homosexual metaphors?
Talk about Freudian tells...

Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i'm already considering selling this car as 3 race cars is kind of silly especially when they're kind of similar. i have 3 generation of Civic hatch backs, EF (88-91), EG (92-95), EK (96-00). the EF is actually the best and it is a finely built machine that's still a track virgin. i'll have to show you guys the cages it's something even turds can appreciate. sell FartMachine and use the funding to finish off EF (aka project tsukuba07).

Frank,
Why you do have as many "race cars" as racing weekends?

Seriously sell off 2 of them and race one car. Perferable in H4 where you don't need a big budget to complete.

For those that don't know H1 is like GT classes in PCA. $$$$$$$ pits. Great for those with the cash to have fun in, but also very easy to come up with excuses as to why you are slow.

You like Honda's so run H4. Speeds are a bit slower but the competition is tigther and it takes less money to compete.

Ahh... but I am taking to Frank Lin aka Ghettobenchracer. You would much rather talk about how great you are and run 1 race weekend every 2 years and hid behind excuses rather than just get out and drive.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:27 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my weekend was great. really. no frustration what so ever on my part. one of my biggest mistakes ever was trying to prove myself to the haters in 2003 when my finances wasn't ready. i've been hard working on the foundation and planning over time and i've set goals and i'm driving steadily towards it. when it comes to w2w there are lot of decisions to be made on track. Infineon is a very challenging and unforgiving track. to me it is not worth it trying to fight for position especially with an out of class car... and definitely not during shake down weekend when i was just getting warmed up to FartMachine....
You see I think your biggest mistake is talking too much and doing too little. Race more, talk less.

Also, you are ALWAYS going to have a hard time with out of class cars if you are in a lower HP car. It is PART of the game.

You are the one who says you have the talent to be a pro. Most pros would not blame their equipment so much. I understand the instinct to do that, and I am definitely guilty of that myself, but I am also not telling everyone that I will be a pro in the near future. Nobody would have attacked you about your lap times if you had not boasted so much about your mad skillz in the past.

it's confidence and not cockiness. i know the H1 class well. there are some good drivers in my region. i'm not saying i'm better than them but i know i can a really good run if we had the same equipment. the turds are here to do one thing only, to talk ****. period. i guess there really is no further point to attempt to explain anything to the turds, they will never get it.

regardless of their antics they have absolutely zero effect on my planning or anything. there are lot of great things going on that i will not discuss or hint. when it happens it happens. lets just say that everything is going quite swell on multiple fronts...
confidence in what? Seriously? You talk as if you are pro material, but there is no external evidence of that. Maybe you should focus on providing the evidence, which can talk for itself. And, Andrei explained what your car is capable in its CURRRENT setup -- no excuses. So, maybe you could focus on hitting Andrei's times rather than focusing on car improvement.

Finally, public relations is part of being a pro and a business owner. If the way people react to you has zero effect on you, then you either do not get it or you do and you are simply failing. Open your eyes. Call me a turd if you like, but I speak the truth, as I always seek to do . . .
Old 07-03-2007, 12:10 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by TD in DC
You see I think your biggest mistake is talking too much and doing too little. Race more, talk less.
Back in 2002/03 I was talking about DE's, not W2W. Lot of people have this belief that if you don't W2W you can't have the ability to handle the car at the limit. I absolutely disagree with that then and I still disagree with that now.

Also, you are ALWAYS going to have a hard time with out of class cars if you are in a lower HP car. It is PART of the game.
Actually I was complaining about slower cars that's not in your class but they're trying to race you... I'll have some in car videos next time. 1 man race crew was a bit rushed... I need to create a check list so I don't miss things. Almost forgot to torque my lugnuts prior to the Sunday race.

You are the one who says you have the talent to be a pro. Most pros would not blame their equipment so much. I understand the instinct to do that, and I am definitely guilty of that myself, but I am also not telling everyone that I will be a pro in the near future. Nobody would have attacked you about your lap times if you had not boasted so much about your mad skillz in the past.
H1 isn't spec racing. Car prep/driver skill ratio is 50/50 or more maybe even 80/20... Even in true spec racing such as Spec Miata or Spec Racer Ford lot of car prep is necessary.

confidence in what? Seriously? You talk as if you are pro material, but there is no external evidence of that.
Pro is about the complete package. It goes beyond just skills and raw talent which many people have. Check out Russ Bentley's Speed Secrets books... I haven't read every one of his books but I did happen to browse though couple of them. They provide some good advice. Don't forget that I have real pro friends to get advice from as well.

Maybe you should focus on providing the evidence, which can talk for itself. And, Andrei explained what your car is capable in its CURRRENT setup -- no excuses. So, maybe you could focus on hitting Andrei's times rather than focusing on car improvement.
Chill. I've already explained it was shakedown weekend what part of that don't you understand? Some of you don't even understand best segment times it seems. On clear tracks I can laid down laps consistent to 0.5 seconds or less. Over the duration of 1.5 hours. I tested myself back in 2004 at Buttonwillow. Fill the gas up, run until fuel starvation in corners.

Finally, public relations is part of being a pro and a business owner. If the way people react to you has zero effect on you, then you either do not get it or you do and you are simply failing. Open your eyes. Call me a turd if you like, but I speak the truth, as I always seek to do . . .
I have my own ideas on the path to a pro. We shall find out if my ideas work or not. =) I do not call people turds or put them on my turd list for dis-liking me or having opinions about me. It is when they've shown repeated inability to show any respect or ability to try to comprehend or change perspectives.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:17 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by M758
Frank,
Why you do have as many "race cars" as racing weekends?

Seriously sell off 2 of them and race one car. Perferable in H4 where you don't need a big budget to complete.

For those that don't know H1 is like GT classes in PCA. $$$$$$$ pits. Great for those with the cash to have fun in, but also very easy to come up with excuses as to why you are slow.

You like Honda's so run H4. Speeds are a bit slower but the competition is tigther and it takes less money to compete.

Ahh... but I am taking to Frank Lin aka Ghettobenchracer. You would much rather talk about how great you are and run 1 race weekend every 2 years and hid behind excuses rather than just get out and drive.
I acquired all 3 race cars at the beginning of year. Remember I said this is my year?! Well, I got pretty ambitious. Lol. But, two cars are WAY TOO GOOD to pass up. Actually, all three are. So I couldn't resist. The Honda Cup EK is ready as well as far as tech. I'm going to SoCal this week to shake that down as well and see if it needs any adjustments.

I'm not missing anymore NorCal Honda Challenge weekends. There're like 5 weekends left still. Plenty more fun to be had.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:29 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

H1 isn't spec racing. Car prep/driver skill ratio is 50/50 or more maybe even 80/20... Even in true spec racing such as Spec Miata or Spec Racer Ford lot of car prep is necessary.
Blaming the car again, and then you go on to tell us about car prep. Priceless

Pro is about the complete package. It goes beyond just skills and raw talent which many people have. Check out Russ Bentley's Speed Secrets books... I haven't read every one of his books but I did happen to browse though couple of them. They provide some good advice. Don't forget that I have real pro friends to get advice from as well.
:roflamao: especially coming from you. BTW it's Ross, not Russ. I know at least one of his driver coaches that thinks you are a complete something, but package wasn't waht he used.

Chill. I've already explained it was shakedown weekend what part of that don't you understand? Some of you don't even understand best segment times it seems. On clear tracks I can laid down laps consistent to 0.5 seconds or less. Over the duration of 1.5 hours. I tested myself back in 2004 at Buttonwillow. Fill the gas up, run until fuel starvation in corners.
Ya just don't get it do ya Francis
Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

it's confidence and not cockiness. i know the H1 class well. there are some good drivers in my region. i'm not saying i'm better than them but i know i can a really good run if we had the same equipment.

The difference between cockiness and confidence is in the way the actions are perceived by others. When you talk a big pro game like you do and then post up a result that shows you down almost 2 laps, that is cockiness.

You had equipment that was at least as good if not better than half the cars their, as shown by the PO, but you still didn't pull off any amazing feats of driving skill. All you did was show everyone that you are still very much a W2W rookie who needs a LOT more seat time and should shut the hell up until he can back up his mouth and ego with concrete results.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:46 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Back in 2002/03 I was talking about DE's, not W2W. Lot of people have this belief that if you don't W2W you can't have the ability to handle the car at the limit. I absolutely disagree with that then and I still disagree with that now.
I think you are missing my point. You should drive more, talk less.

Actually I was complaining about slower cars that's not in your class but they're trying to race you... I'll have some in car videos next time. 1 man race crew was a bit rushed... I need to create a check list so I don't miss things. Almost forgot to torque my lugnuts prior to the Sunday race.
I understood what you meant, but it doesn't change anything about what I said.

So. Your car in its CURRENT setup, according to Andrei, is capable of much, much better times. Your goal should be to forget about smack talking and forget about improving the car at the moment. Learn to drive it THE WAY IT IS so that you can at least match Andrei's old times. When you are capable of doing that, then maybe you can improve the car. BTW, if you had even hit Andrei's old times, you would have been on the podium IIRC.

You really do not seem capable of understanding what other people try to tell you, even when they are being nice. A pro, or potentially pro, driver would be able to adapt his or her skills to the situation at hand. In other words, the pro driver would win the class, or at least podium, if they had been driving your car (according to Andrei's message) rather than blaiming tires, car, etc . . . . In addition, "most" pros would bring along charisma that makes people like them rather than alienate others. How can I put this simply: so-called "turds" are potential customers as well, and only an idiot alienates them. Also, you seem to be a tuner/engineering shop. Blaiming your car setup week after week seems to undercut this business as well.

No need to tell me to chill. I posted a rational response to your post, and my response was not emotional in any respect.

The bottom line is that I understand your excuses just fine. Why can't you understand that someone who makes the statements and boasts that you make really shouldn't be making the types of excuses you make? I understand segment times just fine: I have full data acquisition in my car. Why can't you understand that the ability to put down a decent segment time in a DE doesn't mean you have pro potential? Even I can do that, but it doesn't mean I will ever be a pro racer.

I have my own ideas on the path to a pro. We shall find out if my ideas work or not. =) I do not call people turds or put them on my turd list for dis-liking me or having opinions about me. It is when they've shown repeated inability to show any respect or ability to try to comprehend or change perspectives.
See above.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

On clear tracks I can laid down laps consistent to 0.5 seconds or less.
Are you bragging? That's highly inconsistent IMO on a clear track. Unless I'm dealing with slow lapped traffic, I run 1-2 tenths more consistently than that in hard fought W2W conditions on 2+ minute tracks.

If your theoretical "best" lap is significantly faster than your actual best lap (and yours always seem to be), it means two things: huge inconsistency and a lack of understanding of the actual fast line for your particular car/setup. It means that you are doing something different each lap and going vastly different speeds through various sectors. The only time I would expect my theoretical best lap to be significantly faster than my actual best would be on my first session of a weekend. You've proven a definite inability to put fast laps together and to do so in a consistent manner based on the data you seem so proud to share.

In conclusion: Stop talking like you are an excellent driver...the only reason you consider yourself excellent is because your standards seem to be misaligned with reality.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:59 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Actually I was complaining about slower cars that's not in your class but they're trying to race you...

Frankie
I will agree that if you work at it even in DE you can learn to drive the limit. However racing is driving on the limit WHILE fighting for position. This vastly different than just DE.

You complaining about slower cars not in your class is prime example of how you are not metally ready for racing. A good racer will not complain about these cars, but learn to slice through them like a hot knife through butter. A noob racer will get stuck behind a car running 5 seconds a lap slower and struggle to get by.

Face it Frankie you have much to learn.

If you realize this and then finish out all the H1 races in Nor-Cal for the year you will actually improve. Think about it.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:05 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by M758
A noob racer will get stuck behind a car running 5 seconds a lap slower and struggle to get by.
You have just described me with respect to faster cars who drive 5 seconds a lap slower than I do, and I struggle to get by, and then I get frustrated and sit back and fume rather than figure out how to get by.

Quick Reply: NEWSFLASH Ghettochicken went and actually raced. Mylaps proof.