Notices

open letter

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 02:11 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take that as a good ribbing, Larry. The answer is, depends on where, when, and what I am doing.

BW
Old 01-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's what troubles me.

The Randy Probst comment: "Randy Pobst happen to show up at Audi Club over the weekend. I let him take my Civic around full blast. Should anything have happened, I would not have asked Randy for anything."

OK Ghetto, you admit you participate at track events on a "shoestring budget"...I think a lot of people are in this frame of mind, so I understand, I try and limit the budget too, so not ******* you on that...but NOW you turn around and say that if a PRO wrecked your car you would call it a wash and not ask him to pay for it? NOW it sounds like you CAN pay for nice new tires, vice driving around on a 3 year old mixed set.

This really doesn't add to your credibility or claims...it's stupid to suggest that you're on a shoestring budget yet it's OK if a PRO wrecks your car.

The 2nd thing that's starting to get on my nerves is Bonster's constant defending of you...whilst mixing in acknowledgements that she realizes you should be under much scrutiny. Bonster, it's dreadfully apparent that you are aware of Ghetto's shortcomings yet you choose to defend them, you have even admitted that you somewhat witnessed his aggressive behavior, etc.

Ghetto, you ought to be ashamed of bringing her in on your completely ridiculous online rants and getting her to fight your battles. Bonster, you've GOT to realize that if your amidst this total debauchery, with Ghetto alongside, you're never going to win any debate/argument with this crowd.

Strange that this all comes out in the wash...Bonster comes on Rennlist to fight for Ghetto's honor, defending him while simultaneously admitting that she's aware of his mishaps, online battles, misunderstandings and the overwhelming urge to drive every Student's car.

Nothing much against you Bonster, I just want you to realize how it sounds like you contradict your first postings with every post thereafter. While I'm mostly certain that you're a great person, no doubt...I'm POSITIVE that Frank is a complete ***.

Third issue (of many) - those pics and video you posted are just retarded. You standing there in your helmet with communicator in hand, while your seemingly innocent Student looks on, no helmet, in pit lane alongside his prize GT3 (no doubt) with caption that he can't believe he's going to let you drive his car...and the Instructor's meeting pic (I assume) with all the stupid captions...you never cease to amaze me at your online brevity mixed with complete stupidity, not to mention there's a racial slurr in there.

You're so stupid, you'll never get it. You're so well known that YOU came up as a subject of discussion at the yearly planning meeting for a MAJOR DE/Racing organization here on the East Coast just last weekend. People from the Honda forum and Rennlist were in attendance, funny how they ALL have the same opinion of you, yet they've never met you...don't even TRY and register for one of our events.

...and don't even TRY and claim that you're proud of the fact that we WASTE time on discussing peeps such as yourself - WE USE YOU AS AN EXAMPLE, a NEGATIVE EXAMPLE.

I think if I ever get to meet you...well, nevermind. All these posts on the Honda forum, your completely retarded and assinine website, posting on Rennlist, posting videos of your crappy driving habits, etc. and the consequential fallout with criticism and opiniated replies (such as this one) haven't taught you a thing about keeping your mouth shut and considering the word "HUMBLE". You deserve to be bitch-slapped and subsequently punched real hard...then maybe you'll sit back and listen.

That's not a threat, I merely suggested that "YOU DESERVE" that...you have TWO mouths and maybe half an ear - I'm through with you idiot.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:44 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 836 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Curtis
posting videos of your crappy driving habits
This is what I don't get. Ghetto claims to be at WOT all the time, yet when I point out that his own video does not show that, there's complete silence. People who go silent when confronted with factss usually have something to hide...
Old 01-18-2006, 11:22 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

that's a goof off video like i said, didn't you notice how slow the other cars were? the only exception is towards the last laps of that video where i click off 1:31's, notice the difference when i get on the throttle...

i'll have have some better footages for you experts to critic on soon. or maybe not. haha. it's not like i'm need any one of you folks validation to feel good about myself. i rather spend more time listening to guys Randy Pobst and Craig Stanton than any of you.

Old 01-18-2006, 11:35 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Here's what troubles me.

OK Ghetto, you admit you participate at track events on a "shoestring budget"...I think a lot of people are in this frame of mind, so I understand, I try and limit the budget too, so not ******* you on that...but NOW you turn around and say that if a PRO wrecked your car you would call it a wash and not ask him to pay for it? NOW it sounds like you CAN pay for nice new tires, vice driving around on a 3 year old mixed set.

This really doesn't add to your credibility or claims...it's stupid to suggest that you're on a shoestring budget yet it's OK if a PRO wrecks your car.
what's wrong with choosing where to spend my money?! DE's are just for fun and practice, I don't need stinking new tires to play at DE's.

The 2nd thing that's starting to get on my nerves is Bonster's constant defending of you...whilst mixing in acknowledgements that she realizes you should be under much scrutiny. Bonster, it's dreadfully apparent that you are aware of Ghetto's shortcomings yet you choose to defend them, you have even admitted that you somewhat witnessed his aggressive behavior, etc.

Ghetto, you ought to be ashamed of bringing her in on your completely ridiculous online rants and getting her to fight your battles. Bonster, you've GOT to realize that if your amidst this total debauchery, with Ghetto alongside, you're never going to win any debate/argument with this crowd.

Strange that this all comes out in the wash...Bonster comes on Rennlist to fight for Ghetto's honor, defending him while simultaneously admitting that she's aware of his mishaps, online battles, misunderstandings and the overwhelming urge to drive every Student's car.

Nothing much against you Bonster, I just want you to realize how it sounds like you contradict your first postings with every post thereafter. While I'm mostly certain that you're a great person, no doubt...I'm POSITIVE that Frank is a complete ***.
I never asked Bonni to come. She's just here on her own time and wanted to find out a certain things. She is just a concerned Event Master that didn't know I had all this internet BS attached to me. The good thing about her is she has not judge me based on this, but rather my behavior on track at her event and how I interact with my student.

Third issue (of many) - those pics and video you posted are just retarded. You standing there in your helmet with communicator in hand, while your seemingly innocent Student looks on, no helmet, in pit lane alongside his prize GT3 (no doubt) with caption that he can't believe he's going to let you drive his car...and the Instructor's meeting pic (I assume) with all the stupid captions...you never cease to amaze me at your online brevity mixed with complete stupidity, not to mention there's a racial slurr in there.
lighten up, some folks made those pix for fun. i thought it was funny.

You're so stupid, you'll never get it. You're so well known that YOU came up as a subject of discussion at the yearly planning meeting for a MAJOR DE/Racing organization here on the East Coast just last weekend. People from the Honda forum and Rennlist were in attendance, funny how they ALL have the same opinion of you, yet they've never met you...don't even TRY and register for one of our events.
gotta love the power of internet perception.

...and don't even TRY and claim that you're proud of the fact that we WASTE time on discussing peeps such as yourself - WE USE YOU AS AN EXAMPLE, a NEGATIVE EXAMPLE.

I think if I ever get to meet you...well, nevermind. All these posts on the Honda forum, your completely retarded and assinine website, posting on Rennlist, posting videos of your crappy driving habits, etc. and the consequential fallout with criticism and opiniated replies (such as this one) haven't taught you a thing about keeping your mouth shut and considering the word "HUMBLE". You deserve to be bitch-slapped and subsequently punched real hard...then maybe you'll sit back and listen.

That's not a threat, I merely suggested that "YOU DESERVE" that...you have TWO mouths and maybe half an ear - I'm through with you idiot.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
that's a goof off video like i said, didn't you notice how slow the other cars were?
Yeah, I can produce a similar video - just let me run in the novice group as well. I did make a point in a previous post about how the other cars in that run on your video looked mostly stock while you were running in a modified and stripped out car. So naturally, you should be able to click away at a faster pace. But as Colin states, such comments are answered by silence on your part.
...the only exception is towards the last laps of that video where i click off 1:31's, notice the difference when i get on the throttle...
Actually, I didn't notice any difference in the vid - you seem to be pretty inconsistent throughout the whole thing. I would think that after all your vast experience with this track stuff, you'd be a lot smoother behind the wheel, and you'd be tighter on the apexes, and overall more consistent. But then again, I'm not Randy Pobst, so what do I know?!?
it's not like i'm need any one of you folks validation to feel good about myself.
That's not what it seems like from my point of view...
[Homer Simpson voice]
Ooooo! Look at me! Look at me!
[/Homer]

Oh, one more thing: I've been the tech chair for my PCA region for three years - there's no way we'd let a car out with something dangling from the rearview mirror! And what the heck was bothering you that caused to you take your eyes off the track and look at your center console multiple times during the run?

-Z-man.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:03 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

never mind that video you guys. how many time do i have to repeat myself, i was just goofying off (since there was so much slower traffic around), trying different lines, hanging the tail out in that left hander... etc.

the reason i was looking down was because i have a lap timer there on the lower part of center console. the glare was making it hard to read...

i would've had some really neat footage of Randy in my car vs. me in my car from the weekend by the stupid "end search" function on the cam corder wasn't working right, causing those sessions to get over written, now all i have left is a 5 min interview of Randy talking about how the Civic handled...

i'll make some new vids from Williow Springs and Firebird (never been there) next week when i return from my trip.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Tell you what, Jeff, etc., . . . I'll stay out of the GR versus other posters stuff. It has become apparent that it's really not my place, as I don't know as much history in regards to these postings as you all do. I hope I can still shoot the breeze with you folks, though, as I've enjoyed the friendlier posts.

BW
Old 01-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

No problem Bonster, hope you don't get the impression that I'm trying to shun you away, I imagine you're a cool chick (for lack of a better descriptive) and just hope you don't get tangled up in this ridiculous web of deceipt, lies and utter B.S.

Ghetto has proved time and time again how dense he is.

Ghetto, it's called VELCRO, try some on your dash and the other half on the rear of your laptimer...that is SO unsafe, SH__ dangling from your rear view and looking down at a lap timer - you continue to prove how much of a moron you are with lame excuses for your actions.

WHY post a pic of Randy and yourself...and whoever the other "victim" of Ghetto Folklore?? I can produce a pic of Kevin Buckler and I up at RA - but would that make Rennlisters think I'm "COOL"?? ...maybe I should've gotten him to autograph my quarter panel? Man, I'm so pissed I didn't think of that, simple as bringing a Sharpie with me everywhere I go.

"Oh I'm just goofing around" - read as: "I'm such a damn good driver that I was just showing off my "Mad SkillZ" - retarded again, go beat your head against a BRICK wall and shave with a dull razor.

Your videos highlight how lame you are and your inconsistent driving skills are so obvious it's unbelievable that you make the claims you do.

Like Redline Man, I could make the same footage in the Novice group...claiming that other cars in your run group are SLOW is insulting to them, do you discuss how slow they are after each session?

I'm so ashamed I have allowed myself to get caught up in this thread, as I pretty much refrained from doing so two years ago...guess I'm calling a Spade a Spade and can no longer hold my tongue.

Oh wait, gotta go...Spencer Pumpelly just showed up at my door to critique my suspension and take pics with me! ...oh CRAP, where's that Sharpie!??

I think I'll let him drive my car around the backroads - after all, if he wrecks it, I won't ask him for anything.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:36 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 836 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
that's a goof off video like i said, didn't you notice how slow the other cars were? the only exception is towards the last laps of that video where i click off 1:31's, notice the difference when i get on the throttle...
Ok, I'll just look at the end. You lift off at 7:11 in the right, again at 7:15 in the left, again at 7:23 in the left, you're late on the gas at 7:30, lift at 7:45 in the twisties, late on the gas at 7:52, absurdly late on the gas in the right at 8:26, late at 8:42, miss the apex by a mile at 8:47, left again at 8:56, left at 9:15, miss the apex at 9:27, then you catch the slow GT3. Btw, you were trying hard since you look down real hard at your hot lap at 8:15 and shake your head and look again at 9:44.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh, I know Jeff. I don't feel shunned at all. And yes, I am a pretty cool chick, lol. As far as the velcro thing . . watch out for that. Funny story (sort of -- it could have been bad). I did the double-sided velcro thing on my dash, just above my glovebox (that is no longer functional, thanks to the not-so-exotic rollcage being in the way). I went to Reno-Fernley, which in case you don't already know, can boast some pretty dang hot weather in August. I took a passenger out -- probably a student, can't remember that far back. So we're driving along, and in the heat, the hot lap timer slips off, both sides of velcro and all, into my passenger's lap! How embarassing is that?!? So I politely asked him to hold onto it, lol. My solution that evening was some emory paper and some super glue. I roughened up the surface (remember, this is my racecar, not my street car -- it doesn't have to be all purdy and stuff), and literally super glued that backing of the stupid velcro onto the dash board. Problem solved. Gad, that could have been a problem!

BW
Old 01-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Third issue (of many) - those pics and video you posted are just retarded. You standing there in your helmet with communicator in hand, while your seemingly innocent Student looks on, no helmet, in pit lane alongside his prize GT3 (no doubt) with caption that he can't believe he's going to let you drive his car...
Jeff,

I agreed with all your points, except for two things. 1. calling Frank and/or his actions retarded is demeaning to mentally disabled people and 2. the guy is standing next to a GT2, not a GT3.

Greg A
Old 01-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Greg, you're absolutely correct on the misuse of the word "retarded" - I actually pondered that once I posted, it's a local word we use here at work a bit too much, not "P.C." - no doubt. I apologize if I have offended anyone, except Frank...as I am using the "slang" version of said word.

Sometimes we are too quick on a keyboard and launch the <enter> button a bit too fast...as Frank VERY well knows about.

Not to be a jerk, but the word retarded has MANY meanings, even in the music industry, timing of motors, etc. - so, I could've been suggesting that Frank is BTDC?? ...meaning that he's TRAILING being on "MARK".

Oops, sorry, could only look at the picture once without vomiting...didn't have the heart to view it twice to double-check the model, but appreciate you setting me straight...I love 'em all, GT2, GT3, Carreras, you name it...thrilled to have a 964 as well!

Love the pic of the broken crankshaft, I have one of those too, out of my Toyota Atlantic motor - OUCH that one cost me.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

No worries on the use of the word.

Yep, that crank cost me too. I wish Frank would've been droving the car when that happened. I'd love to see him try to weasel out of paying...

Greg A
Old 01-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bonster
So what's this about your ITS car under construction? That would interest me more than this other stuff.
Well, um...., my project is probably worthy of a Haiku or two. Not that it's a ghetto project (not referring to GR, but in the general sense), but that it's taking forever.

The short story is I found the car straight and complete in a boneyard with no history what so ever. I was friends with the son of the owner of the boneyard and made a deal I couldn't believe, much less pass up. At the time I was racing a friend's Sentra SE-R in ITS so I wasn't in a hurry to build it and started collecting the right parts for it as well as stripping it.

My buddy's car is now undergoing conversion to EP and with that I started moving the project along. The only problem was, I endured a 9 month period of unemployment in 04 so I only did the stuff that didn't cost any money (more stripping and installing the cage).

Since I've been back to work I've nearly completed the stripping of the car. The only things that need to come out/off before paint prep are: the hatch, the windshield, one of the pedal (PITA trying to maneuver in there with the cage), tail lights, and tunnel heat shield. Basically I need a day to finish all that. Sadly, I have not been able to spend any time with it since October, such has my work schedule been (weekends, holidays, not to mention long days). I'm hoping to get at it this weekend finally.

I'm doing ALL of the work on the car except any machining. I'm even designing parts including CC plates and spherical bearing cartridges. Great fun, but that also takes time as well. It's a labor of love and it will be right when it is done, but it's just taking too long (the reason it's worthy of Haikus).

I'm only making two real concessions in building this car. I did not dip it (although I had considered it), not to thin the metal but to strip it fully, including hidden sound deadening. I also am not going to build a full out race engine right now. I want to freshen this one up and then build a proper race engine after I get the chassis sorted.

Here are some photos of my cage. I designed it and built it myself. I'd put it up against a professionally built/designed one any day of the week. In fact, after I built it I fould the 968 Club Sport actually has a similar cage.

http://home.earthlink.net/~geo31/Geo's_944_Cage.html

Quick Reply: open letter