Notices

Now that Ghetto is gone.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 08:56 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are lot of things going on in Pro level. And cheating is one of them. It ain't cheating if you don't get caught...
Old 03-05-2007, 08:58 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bonster
I didn't realize you were in pro racing, Frank. I thought you had to complete a season as a regional racer first? I have *some* sponsorship, but I doubt it's because I'm fast. Folks for some crazy reason like me I guess. I've only got three sponsors, and none of them actually give me money or buy my car or a slot in the races. Every little bit helps, though. Even with mild sponsorship, racing isn't cheap, that's for sure.

I have been to exactly ONE pro race and will never likely return to that arena. The reason being (a) the entry is about twice as much, (b) the stakes are twice as high (better contingency awards and payouts), and mostly because (c) the racers are about five times as aggressive. I got slammed clean off the track at PIR in turn 3 when some jerk decided to use me as brakes. It pretty much ruined the car I was running in. I'm not saying all pro racers are like that -- this was just a Spec Miata pro race so the costs aren't as significant as with a Cup car or something. But those guys, at least in SM pro racing, are crazy. I've never seen you race, so didn't realize you had a license (I'm talking wheel-to-wheel racing like I do, not time trials, etc). If you do, and really are going pro racing, don't say I didn't warn ya. Those guys are GOOD and they don't mind showing you. Ack!

BW
I've got a side bet with Greg here that I will turn pro before age 40. But personally I hope to turn pro in about 2 years... we'll see...
Old 03-05-2007, 09:05 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
So you know *exactly* what I mean, Bryan! Lol. A friend of mine did a double-regional last year at Laguna and in the FIRST LAP (yup, parade lap) got pinballed by five other cars. That car is so history it's not even funny. He was okay, but he doesn't have the kind of money to rebuild a car yet.

Yes, some of the SM crowd definitely cheats. Re-valving the shocks is unfortunately more common than stink on you-know-what. I had a pal of mine once ask me why I never did this. I told him because it's clearly illegal according to the GCRs. He then said something like, "Why not? It's not like there's any way to check them in impound." Cheating is usually done by the guys with money. Even if I had a lot of dough, I wouldn't cheat. Winning wouldn't be the same if you knew you cheated. I can't wait until they start the sealed engine class. Maybe then I'll win a little more often!

BW
You might be interested to know that at the Run-Offs, tech collected a huge number of SM shocks. People were scrambling to find legal parts to put back on.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,681 Likes on 869 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
It ain't cheating if you don't get caught...
Yes it is, skid mark.

Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is looking.

No wonder you suck on track...and off as well (according to Ryan).
Old 03-05-2007, 09:15 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

It ain't cheating if you don't get caught...
And yet again, Francis will not take responsibility for anything he does.

Real racers and real crew chiefs know that cheating is cheating. They may cheat, but they still know they are cheating and take responsibility if they get caught.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:17 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

tell that to all the F1 and WRC teams that's been caught cheating... or, to better phrase it, liberal interpretation of the rules. top level racing is all about pushing the envelop. maybe that's why you are just a sunday driver. you are not about winning. you're just having fun.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Dear Dung Pile, once again you need to pull you head out of your boyfriend's *** and stop trying to sound like you know what you are talking about. If you wonder what I'm talking about, look here for a company that I co-owned until two years ago, when I got tired of the travel and sold out to my good friend and partner: www.fusionmotorsportsmarketing.com. (yes VR, the Volvo GT effort with Bob Miller and some guy named Bell...hey, it paid!).

When you decide to get serious about sponsors for your efforts, please go look in the mirror and repeat to yourself....STFU!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Good for you son. Now, if you will all excuse me. I have some asses to go kiss now... got some meeting to do.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Damn, Bob...so you have met Mrs. Derek, right? I met them both when I was Brian Redman's guest in Florida several years ago, no joke. Derek is a delight, and funny as hell. Misty is....misty...
Old 03-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Damn, Bob...so you have met Mrs. Derek, right? I met them both when I was Brian Redman's guest in Florida several years ago, no joke. Derek is a delight, and funny as hell. Misty is....misty...
Yes Sir. And nothing like trying to work with a driver who is also under contract with Speed to do comentary....
Old 03-05-2007, 09:31 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

tell that to all the F1 and WRC teams that's been caught cheating... or, to better phrase it, liberal interpretation of the rules. top level racing is all about pushing the envelop. maybe that's why you are just a sunday driver. you are not about winning. you're just having fun.
Sunday Driver is a play on words - clearly far too subtle for you.

As far as winning, I would be happy to compare my trophies, victories, lap records, etc with yours. They are for real wheel to wheel racing - not DE's. Some are wins, some are not. But I had the determination and ***** to put it on the line without excuses and whining when I did not win. Some are wins in weak fields, some are wins in strong fields, some even against better cars. Some are losses in weak fields and losses in strong fields. What have you ever done, other than talk?

But when all is said and done, I have some credentials against serious fields and have raced against some damn good drivers - even beating a few on occasion.

There are two things I know:
1) I have way more talent and drive than you.
2) I do not have enough talent to be a world class driver.
You might be able to fill in the blanks here (at least with some help).
Old 03-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
As far as winning, I would be happy to compare my trophies, victories, lap records, etc with yours. They are for real wheel to wheel racing - not DE's. Some are wins, some are not. But I had the determination and ***** to put it on the line without excuses and whining when I did not win. Some are wins in weak fields, some are wins in strong fields, some even against better cars. Some are losses in weak fields and losses in strong fields. What have you ever done, other than talk?

But when all is said and done, I have some credentials against serious fields and have raced against some damn good drivers - even beating a few on occasion.

There are two things I know:
1) I have way more talent and drive than you.
2) I do not have enough talent to be a world class driver.
You might be able to fill in the blanks here (at least with some help).
I agree with everything you say, and your words apply to me as well.

Bob, that is really cool. Delightful folks. I wish I had his talent at age 65 at my current age of 45!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:37 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Bob, that is really cool. Delightful folks. I wish I had his talent at age 65 at my current age of 45!
One of my favorite sayings sits over my desk. It is from Winston Churchill:

"Well done is better than well said."
Old 03-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

One of my favorite sayings is from a Dirty Harry movie:

"Man's got to know his limitations."
Old 03-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I would love to have his talent when I hopefully see 65, and would have liked to have your talent at 45, but I'm happy getting around as best I can.....and the good looking blondes always ask for rides in my car at DEs .....I'm easily satisfied (and hoping to pass a race physical again soon).

Quick Reply: Now that Ghetto is gone.......