Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 04:50 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
Hi all,

I sold my GT4 recently for a GT3 Touring (havent really driven it yet, been far too busy... ).

In any case, I have a never used indoor cover and a never used front splitter for a GT4 for sale if anyone local is interested.

Please PM me if you are interested in either one of these.

Hope everyone is still enjoying their cars!
Splitter is sold, but indoor cover is still available. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:41 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Splitter is sold, but indoor cover is still available. Send me a PM if you are interested.
wish you were in the US...
Old 10-18-2018, 05:26 PM
toysoarer
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

indoor cover is still available. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Hi Bardman, is the indoor GT4 cover still available? is it OEM?
Old 10-21-2018, 03:22 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by toysoarer
Hi Bardman, is the indoor GT4 cover still available? is it OEM?
Yes, cover still available and it is OEM. I cant send you a PM as you dont have enough forum posts to send PMs to. Let me know if you are interested by replying on this thread and I find a way to contact you. Perhaps you have an email address you dont mind posting on a forum?

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
wish you were in the US...
I wouldn't mind living in San Francisco!
Old 10-21-2018, 05:26 AM
toysoarer
5th Gear

Yes, cover still available and it is OEM
Hey Bardman, are you based in Melb? Are you on PFA?
Old 10-21-2018, 07:01 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by toysoarer
Hey Bardman, are you based in Melb? Are you on PFA?
Yes. I'm in Melbourne and on PFA - Bardman on that site also. Whats your name there, I'll send you a message.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:44 AM
toysoarer
5th Gear

Yes. I'm in Melbourne and on PFA - Bardman on that site also. Whats your name there, I'll send you a message.
Just PM'd you over there
Old 04-27-2019, 07:28 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

Is anyone interested in re-activating this thread? To discuss track performance, mods and which firms do a good job for us?
BTW CharlieK did an outstanding job today at Wakefield Park besting many 991 GT3's including a couple of RS's. Easily won his class and 7th outright and was only bested by 4 RS's all by less than 0.1 secs, a GT2RS and a couple of race cars.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:45 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
Is anyone interested in re-activating this thread? To discuss track performance, mods and which firms do a good job for us?
BTW CharlieK did an outstanding job today at Wakefield Park besting many 991 GT3's including a couple of RS's. Easily won his class and 7th outright and was only bested by 4 RS's all by less than 0.1 secs, a GT2RS and a couple of race cars.
Wow!! Go Charlie.
What mods does Charlie have?
Old 04-27-2019, 07:43 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks mate. Car and track was perfect today. The 2RS was only 0.5s quicker and the 3 x 3RSs who beat me were all 991.2s. Shows how capable a well sorted GT4 really is. Quicker than all 991 GT3s and all 991.1 GT3RSs.

I use Autohaus to do all my work and support me at the track and they are great. Helped me get the car setup the way it is and then on track days they help me make adjustments according to what I feel.

Originally Posted by James88
Wow!! Go Charlie.
What mods does Charlie have?
Thanks mate. Standard power mods, but spent alot of time getting the car handling better. Springs, sway bars, wider front wheels with 265s, alot of negative camber.

I am looking into a few mods next, not sure about the order I will do them but thinking
- LWFW
- LSD
- Shorter Gearing
- Verus Wing and Front Splitter
Old 04-28-2019, 01:26 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

I am currently fitting 18" wheels with 997 GT3 callipers and the gearbox is down at Holinger having shorter 3,4,5 and 6 fitted. I want to fit Yoko AO50s and also be able to fit slicks to give them a go.
Charlie, what springs are you running? I have some swift springs but have not fitted yet. I have CMS sway bars (I run an stiff) and 3.5 deg F 3.0 R
I am also looking to try the Dundon runners but have not decided yet. I can't drive for a while so no rush for me.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:31 PM
Charliekay
Racer

I am currently fitting 18" wheels with 997 GT3 callipers and the gearbox is down at Holinger having shorter 3,4,5 and 6 fitted. I want to fit Yoko AO50s and also be able to fit slicks to give them a go.
Charlie, what springs are you running? I have some swift springs but have not fitted yet. I have CMS sway bars (I run an stiff) and 3.5 deg F 3.0 R
I am also looking to try the Dundon runners but have not decided yet. I can't drive for a while so no rush for me.
I have the swift springs and CMS bars. Alignment is believe is the same as yours, though I don't have the exact specs as I have never seen the alignment printout.

Are you going to put a LWFW or new LSD when you do the ratios?

How did your operation go? When will you be back behind the wheel?
Old 04-28-2019, 07:38 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Charliekay
Thanks mate. Car and track was perfect today. The 2RS was only 0.5s quicker and the 3 x 3RSs who beat me were all 991.2s. Shows how capable a well sorted GT4 really is. Quicker than all 991 GT3s and all 991.1 GT3RSs.

I use Autohaus to do all my work and support me at the track and they are great. Helped me get the car setup the way it is and then on track days they help me make adjustments according to what I feel.

Thanks mate. Standard power mods, but spent alot of time getting the car handling better. Springs, sway bars, wider front wheels with 265s, alot of negative camber.

I am looking into a few mods next, not sure about the order I will do them but thinking
- LWFW
- LSD
- Shorter Gearing
- Verus Wing and Front Splitter
That's very impressive Charlie, so no engine mods with with only some suspension mods and wider front wheels & tires.

Sounds like you're really dancing with the car.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:55 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by James88
That's very impressive Charlie, so no engine mods with with only some suspension mods and wider front wheels & tires.

Sounds like you're really dancing with the car.
Depending what you classify as engine mods, it doesn't have the X51 kit but has most other bolt ons (TB, IPD, Headers, Tune etc..). I also recently added the Dundon Intake runners which added a little (15whp at the top end - 6250rpm+). It makes almost identical power to Warwicks car (he has 0,1hp on me) on the same dyno. Happy to share if Warwick doesn't mind.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:28 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Charliekay
Depending what you classify as engine mods, it doesn't have the X51 kit but has most other bolt ons (TB, IPD, Headers, Tune etc..). I also recently added the Dundon Intake runners which added a little (15whp at the top end - 6250rpm+). It makes almost identical power to Warwicks car (he has 0,1hp on me) on the same dyno. Happy to share if Warwick doesn't mind.
How much power are you putting down ?

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s