Dundon GT4/Spyder Race Header Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 11:32 PM
RaceDevelopementCenter
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts

I'd be happy to install a motec data system in anyone's GT4 in south Florida. We can conduct a test and log at the local tracks ( homestead , Sebring or Daytona ) and gather VALID data pre and post install. I don't think data gets interpreted any better then on the race track all verified by Motec

#motecdoesntlie
Old 01-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Rick, I actually heard it was GREEN socks. Green socks with BLACK stripes.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:02 AM
KareemGT4
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We are putting this to bed this week hopefully..
3 GT4s:
-stock with BMC filters
- cargraphic race headers with BMC filters
- dundon race headers with BMC filters

Same dyno, same day, same weather conditions, same time!
Old 01-07-2017, 03:34 AM
legin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The more I see of the results the more it appears to be the cats that are delivering the power here. There may well be some benefit from the tube lengths but the main deal is the cat pressure drop by the look of it. Would be interesting and dirt cheap to decat the stock headers to find if this is the case - anyone ?. I have the ipd and cobb but will wait and see how the header story drops out for now
Old 01-07-2017, 09:10 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by KareemGT4
3 GT4s:
-stock with BMC filters

Are all the owners board members? I think another great comparison is for everyone to drive each other's cars to see if there are any perceived differences from person to person and car to car.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:47 AM
KareemGT4
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes sir we are members and friends.

Will report back with results.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:35 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KareemGT4
3 GT4s:
-stock with BMC filters

Awesome, though I have a feeling this still won't put it to bed.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:23 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

headers are so yesterday. I'm working on upgrading my canbus network cables with this tech....

Name:  _10_000_Ethernet_Cable_Claims_Earth-Shattering_Advancement_In_Audio_Fidelity__If_You’re_Stupid_E.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  148.6 KB
Old 01-07-2017, 12:52 PM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 617 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
headers are so yesterday. I'm working on upgrading my canbus network cables with this tech....
I've heard canbus can add 15 HP if you free up those ones and zeroes to flow more quickly. Looking forward to your dyno run results.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:53 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by okie981
I've heard canbus can add 15 HP if you free up those ones and zeroes to flow more quickly. Looking forward to your dyno run results.
The trick is getting rid of the 2-way communication, if you just need one direction, it can be much faster.

BTW that 10K ethernet cable was later dissected to reveal it had a $10K LED and battery in it.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:59 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick DeMan
This all started out with DeMan Motorsport placing an order for a set of these headers with great enthusiasm for the results. We offered FREE install and Dyno testing to verify they produce the end result to existing owners since the first run was sold out and there seemed to be a bit of controversy on this thread. I was trying to help the OP and looked forward to amazing results.

After the first test we were told our results were INVALID because we did not install the mandatory AIR filters. OK.... so we will try again.

Before our second test we were told to drive the car and equivalent of 700Miles (2 tanks of gas) for proper results. That Adaption process theory was relatively put in its place by none other than COBB themselves.

After the second test we are now being told our results are INVALID because the intake temps were different.
WELL, on the second test we dynoed the car with just the headers and NO filters, then installed the filters and GUESS what? NADA, ZIP, nothing different. No gains with the needed filters.

Now that we are about to do a third test with another car, I am still willing to spend my money and time to see where this goes.
BUT, I suspect after this test I will be told something like
"Wait, wait! you were wearing BLUE socks while testing and we clearly have stated you must be wearing BLACK socks for proper results"

I think at this point you can probably CANCEL my order Jamie.
I have no personal agenda here, and have no beef with Dundon Motorsport.

PLEASE, somebody else Dyno before and after so we can see what is going on here.
So far 3 cars have been tested outside of Dundon and a 4th is happening shortly.
All of the tests outside of Dundon have been far short of the claims.
The trouble with this business is the cynicism that breeds within it. Yes, we want to know when something is sold, does it live up to its pitch line. But when other vendors get involved it becomes messy and the true indicators of intention often come to the surface.

It is truly a navigational nightmare to travel the internet highways and find something that lives up to its hype. Especially when there is a high cost attached. So, who do you believe and who do you question.

After spending many years in this business, I have found there are certain indicators that one can read outside of the hype that give a good indication of a company’s sincerity and honesty. This is not always the case, I admit. But there is one indicator that has always proven to be true. When another vendor company uses the Internet or similar forum to question the validity of a competitor’s product, then hide behind the premise that they are doing the community a service, I have always found this to be the opposite.

It’s that old saying in this business, if they start to trash you, they are afraid of you. Ok, so maybe there is not any trash talking yet, but often this is disguised in clever worded posts.

Look at what the vendor has done, what other sort of products do they produce and at what level. Certainly, Dundon Motorsport have produced a well-made system for the GT3 and now the GT4. From what I have read, they use 321 grade stainless, when a thicker less expensive 304 grade steel would suffice. They have produced a Damper for the GT3 engines that from all reports has saved many engines from failing. Why would you go to the trouble of using a more expensive material if you were not sincere about the product you are producing.

You have degreed engineers involved that are schooled in collecting data, analyzing it, to come up with solutions to solve a problem. Gone are the days when you can make something you think will work. Today’s computer sciences have proven what we used to think worked and what we did have long being disproved. It is my understanding from talking to an associate of Dundon Motorsport, that CFD, and other computer aided programs were used to produce both the GT3 and GT4 system.
It often takes several iterations and continued testing and development to come up with a final solution that ticks all the boxes. I can tell you nothing deters a company from producing further products than the cynicism that the Internet breeds. But the real ones do continue and this is a measure of their tenacity and sincerity. Another indicator.

I am lead to believe that Dundon have some very special engine programs in development currently. One is detailed over in the 997 GT3 forum and I’m told both 9A1 GT4 and GT3 engine programs are in development. If you look at the level of design, quality and detail of the 997 GT3 program, that should give you an idea of their commitment to quality and engineering ability. They show in that one program that they are about innovation and bespoke design, and not just buying parts that come from another engine. When a vendor shows this level of engineering and that ‘go it alone: mentality”, you look at what they do as it sticks out from the rest. You really do get to see the DNA of a company when they put their wares out there for all to see.

Am I promoting them, yes I am. I’ll wave the flag of any vendor that produces quality stuff for us to buy and is not afraid to show it off even against the possibility of detractors. I’m not afraid to be their cheerleader here. I don’t know them personally as I don’t know the other vendor here, but I do know a “rat” when I see it.

Let’s hope the issues of dyno comparisons is cleared up ASAP and we can look forward to Dundon’s GT4 engine upgrades verses Deman’s engine upgrades. Now there is a comparison thread we all can look forward to.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:24 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,103 Posts

^^^ ummm when a vendor or person makes claims that go beyond those of known parameters and results it's every right to question. In other industries they call this peer review. Demand runs a race program. I can bet big time if they produced the results claimed every customer of his would buy them.
But they didn't, and I have plots from 2 other custom vendors that look similar. They ALL produce about the same power and about the same curve improvements.

Point is, nobody is debating the quality of the product, it looks great, and I'm sure it's well made. It makes power. It sounds cool. What is being debated are the power claims.

And you know what? They should be.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:28 AM
gac1077
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

M42racer. I couldn't agree more with everything you said thank you, there's only one headers I want in my GT4 and they are Dundon. Can't wait for the second batch to made. Thank you Dundon for going the extra mile making this headers and I can't wait to see what else they comes out for the GT4. I'm new to Porsche but my friend Matt when thru every system for his GT3, he believed that this where the best out there and I truly know how obsessed he it's about everything he cares about, that alone gives me the peace of mind to know that I'm buying the best headers for my car that are available in the market.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:09 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

M42racer, I'm not sure what software Dundon is using however, based on my experience below are the 2 software programs and consulting i would use IF designing headers. Unless i'm missing something they haven't stated what technologies they use for engineering their stuff. Not cheap ~$65k a seat, each. Ricardo is about ~$500 / hour per. I know for a fact Mclaren and Bugatti wrote a blank check for their motors for the later to design/consulting and build their engine.

https://www.comsol.com/
http://motorsport.ricardo.com/en/Home

Last edited by F1CrazyDriver; 01-08-2017 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:46 AM
bhk1004
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mean being a fan boy is cool too. I don't care what product I loved in the past. Every new product made by a company I like still needs to hold up. Not sure your definition of "peer" are but I don't think any of the companies that have tested these headers make headers of their own. These headers compete with nothing for them except as an option for a customers mods. That post above seems a bit farfetched just based on the vendors/shops that have dynod these.

Quick Reply: Dundon GT4/Spyder Race Header Group Buy