Sponsored by: APR

Best Track Times in a GT4

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 11:55 AM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium

Agreed! That sector rewards patience and commitment.

It was worth the drive. Now on to the Glen!
just got back from the Glen last night with PCA niagara
have youbeen before?
if not, you will love it! Lots of lovely blue Armco two feet off the edge of the track weekend best was 2:05.

Last edited by kfmcmahon; 05-30-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:13 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Watkins Glen - 2:03.36 - 2 Jun 2018 - Pirelli slicks - Mono-ball Suspension

PCA's Clash at the Glen club race, June 2018. Yellow Sprint Race 2. Obviously I got balked by traffic, but this was my personal best lap on my first visit to Watkins Glen. Lots more time on the table yet to be tapped.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:24 AM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Nice!

what mods on the car?
i'm assuming "muttsport" means a Franken-car, like a mix between Clubsport and street car?

looks like full cage, real halo bucket seats and slicks, but what suspension and alignment?
gaurds diff? Gearing looks the same as stock by the gears you are in?

PS- you need to update your signature with Utah, Mid-Ohio and the Glen now---looks like an awesome summer you're having so far--I am jealous
Old 06-06-2018, 09:41 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
just got back from the Glen last night with PCA niagara
have youbeen before?
if not, you will love it! Lots of lovely blue Armco two feet off the edge of the track weekend best was 2:05.
That's quick work...same question you asked Chromium24:

Any mods?
Tires?
Suspension and alignment?
Gearing changes?
Exhaust?
Other?

Please post video...I love to see details.

Again, nice driving. (My PB is 2:12, so obviously lots of opportunity.)
Old 06-06-2018, 09:28 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Nice!

what mods on the car?
i'm assuming "muttsport" means a Franken-car, like a mix between Clubsport and street car?

looks like full cage, real halo bucket seats and slicks, but what suspension and alignment?
gaurds diff? Gearing looks the same as stock by the gears you are in?

PS- you need to update your signature with Utah, Mid-Ohio and the Glen now---looks like an awesome summer you're having so far--I am jealous
Good idea on updating my signature to include all the latest tracks! Done!!!

My car is pretty much all Clubsport, except for the transmission and the brakes.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:37 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 235 Posts

Nice run 24 Chromium, I've been negligent on my duties. Will update the score board shortly!
Old 06-06-2018, 11:05 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 552 Posts

PCA's Clash at the Glen club race, June 2018. Yellow Sprint Race 2. Obviously I got balked by traffic, but this was my personal best lap on my first visit to Watkins Glen. Lots more time on the table yet to be tapped.

https://youtu.be/qg1-XCwvUqQ
Daaaaaaang!
Old 06-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Autoquest Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://youtu.be/qg1-XCwvUqQ
Way to rock and roll there buddy! Pretty sure I was watching you from behind in Paul Solk's video from the Grey Goose Boxster haha
Old 06-09-2018, 08:43 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

A great day running with the local PCA chapter at Road Atlanta today. Very cool to meet some of the locals, especially GeoJoe. Sir, you are mighty quick in that car. Africa hot today, but no rain. I’m hoping that I can continue to drop time and put today’s knowledge to work in the morning. I’ll post up a lap time tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:13 AM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 237 Posts

A great day running with the local PCA chapter at Road Atlanta today. Very cool to meet some of the locals, especially GeoJoe. Sir, you are mighty quick in that car. Africa hot today, but no rain. I’m hoping that I can continue to drop time and put today’s knowledge to work in the morning. I’ll post up a lap time tomorrow.
Great to meet you too... hope to run with you sometime again! Harry's says I did another personal best at Road Atlanta. Still can't crack into the 1:33's...but getting so close.

Name:  1jLOYN7.png
Views: 79
Size:  542.2 KB
Old 06-10-2018, 09:12 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Wow! Staggeringly fast. Congrats!

I peaked at 1:34.6. My 2nd session today wasn't till after lunch. There was less traffic this afternoon, but the weather was identical to yesterday, so the track was already hot and greasy by then.

The 2 sections that killed me were the esses and the last turn. Both require a hell of a lot of commitment and courage. The esses reminded me of downhill skiing. The last corner is just insane. Every time I'd tell myself 'keep it flat!' but of course the data showed otherwise. At least I didn't embarrass myself. I have yet to put a foot wrong on this trip.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:06 AM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Wow! Staggeringly fast. Congrats!

I peaked at 1:34.6. My 2nd session today wasn't till after lunch. There was less traffic this afternoon, but the weather was identical to yesterday, so the track was already hot and greasy by then.

The 2 sections that killed me were the esses and the last turn. Both require a hell of a lot of commitment and courage. The esses reminded me of downhill skiing. The last corner is just insane. Every time I'd tell myself 'keep it flat!' but of course the data showed otherwise. At least I didn't embarrass myself. I have yet to put a foot wrong on this trip.
Great to hear that you had a satisfying weekend and a productive road trip in progress. Was that your first time at Road Atlanta?! If so, incredibly fast for your 2nd day there. I've got some video coming of me chasing you down over several laps. Always great to have someone on the horizon to try and catch. Makes me work harder.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:04 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
Great to hear that you had a satisfying weekend and a productive road trip in progress. Was that your first time at Road Atlanta?! If so, incredibly fast for your 2nd day there. I've got some video coming of me chasing you down over several laps. Always great to have someone on the horizon to try and catch. Makes me work harder.
Yes, this was my first ever visit here. I purchased a track tutorial from David Murry, but wasn’t able to watch it. The circuit is quite challenging and it was not easy for me to find speed. I’d need a lot more seat time (or coaching) to get comfortable in those two sections I mentioned.

It it was fun chasing the two Joe’s and the Clubsport! You gents are pretty quick! I can’t wait to see the video!!

Now I’m off to Barber and then VIR for DMD and the PCA Club Race!
Old 06-11-2018, 01:57 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Yes, this was my first ever visit here. I purchased a track tutorial from David Murry, but wasn’t able to watch it. The circuit is quite challenging and it was not easy for me to find speed. I’d need a lot more seat time (or coaching) to get comfortable in those two sections I mentioned.

It it was fun chasing the two Joe’s and the Clubsport! You gents are pretty quick! I can’t wait to see the video!!

Now I’m off to Barber and then VIR for DMD and the PCA Club Race!
Very impressive for a newbie on this track! It took me 15min and about a dozen laps to finally catch up with you... here's the last couple of laps.

Last edited by GeoJoe; 06-11-2018 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Updated YouTube video
Old 06-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

Hey geojoe, what tires are you running?

Quick Reply: Best Track Times in a GT4