Sponsored by: APR

Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser - GROUP BUY

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 06:03 PM
oc997
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPhil Gandini
I must admit to being disappointed that the diffuser is cosmetic. But the Porsche literature admits as much: "The powerful finale is presented by the black rear apron in diffuser look with two centrally positioned tailpipes..."
But of course it would be almost impossible to make it actually work. But since it's cosmetic, why not make the grilles real, instead of solid?
Yeah I was disappointed to see that my oem plastic diffuser was not designed for function but the diffuser would have to wrap under the car to be functional with deep tunnels in between the fins.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:38 PM
oc997
Racer

[QUOTE=user1029;13078403]Their front lip and side skirts atrociously destroys the lines of the car

But their rear diffuser however is pure sex

Name:  r0yLHBD.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  243.6 KB
Name:  TMwngVc.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  297.1 KB
Name:  z83GxYh.jpg
Size:  475.7 KB
Name:  0TE8iDf.jpg
Size:  248.5 KB
Name:  IL8gKCe.png
Views: 22
Size:  716.2 KB

how much?

Last edited by oc997; 03-05-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:42 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

i am open to this diffuser upgrade... prices (msrp and potential group buy) please?

i will trust the fitment will be good... otherwise i am sure the board will loudly complain
Old 03-05-2016, 06:42 PM
oc997
Racer

Originally Posted by Archimedes
You might check out the recent Vorsteinner thread in the 991 subform for one buyer's bad experience with this piece. Not saying it's anything more than an anecdote. But it's worth a read given how pricey this thing is.
Looks like someone has responded from the company
Old 03-05-2016, 06:49 PM
VorsteinerNA
Advanced

Originally Posted by Archimedes
You might check out the recent Vorsteinner thread in the 991 subform for one buyer's bad experience with this piece. Not saying it's anything more than an anecdote. But it's worth a read given how pricey this thing is.
We have contacted and responded to this particular member and we are looking into his case.

Vorsteiner 100% stands behind our quality and products and assuming the products are original Vorsteiner we would always cover any cost of replacements against manufacturing defects or issues.

We do have an internal procedure set in place to verify the product is in fact an original Vorsteiner product we make as we have had cases in the past where warranty claims were made on replica or counterfeit products that we do not produce.

If any members here have any questions please feel free to contact us at info@vorsteiner.com and we would be more than happy to assist or answer any questions.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:52 PM
VorsteinerNA
Advanced

Originally Posted by skywnsgml
had vorsteiner pieces when i had my e90 m3 and their fitment is okay not perfect. but given the prices of this pieces, they should have better fitment and customer services.
Sorry to hear you had less than a stellar experience with us.

Feel free to contact us at info@vorsteiner.com and we would love to hear what had went wrong and would love to ensure your feedback is documented and heard.

Appreciate your feedback thank you!
Old 03-05-2016, 06:54 PM
VorsteinerNA
Advanced

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
i am open to this diffuser upgrade... prices (msrp and potential group buy) please?

i will trust the fitment will be good... otherwise i am sure the board will loudly complain
Yes as stated above fitment and quality is guaranteed and we would love to invite any members located in Southern California to view our demo GT4 in person.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPhil Gandini
I must admit to being disappointed that the diffuser is cosmetic. But the Porsche literature admits as much: "The powerful finale is presented by the black rear apron in diffuser look with two centrally positioned tailpipes..."
But of course it would be almost impossible to make it actually work. But since it's cosmetic, why not make the grilles real, instead of solid?
I agree but:
I think the reason the Porsche didn't make those grilles pass through, is because there is a lot of heat shielding right behind it, as the mufflers and exhaust are right behind that grill area. So my guess is, those holes are covered up with heat shielding, to protect those plastic grilles from melting if the heat was to pass through them (which it would if they were open ) ??
Regards
Ed
Old 03-05-2016, 07:02 PM
VorsteinerNA
Advanced

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
I agree but:
I think the reason the Porsche didn't make those grilles pass through, is because there is a lot of heat shielding right behind it, as the mufflers and exhaust are right behind that grill area. So my guess is, those holes are covered up with heat shielding, to protect those plastic grilles from melting if the heat was to pass through them (which it would if they were open ) ??
Regards
Ed
We do not recall any type of heat shielding present behind the rear diffuser when installing our own carbon diffuser on our in house car.

Not sure why the mesh grid was ever blocked on the factory plastic diffuser but we did make sure to have our diffuser open with a functional mesh grill to allow heat to escape from our rear diffuser.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:05 PM
VorsteinerNA
Advanced

Originally Posted by user1029
Their front lip and side skirts atrociously destroys the lines of the car

But their rear diffuser however is pure sex

Group buy requested
Group buy requested [/QUOTE]

Appreciate your feeback on the front lip spoiler and side blade extensions and we always love to hear feedback whether it's positive or negative.

In regards to the carbon rear diffuser it is a full replacement carbon diffuser that has a lower profile design than the factory with an open mesh grill in between the 2 tunnels and newly designed fins that helps dissipate heat from the rear end of the vehicle and air pass through.

We do have 3 official Rennlist sponsors on here that can potentially assist with a Rennlist GT4 introductory special for any members interested.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:15 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,395 Likes on 819 Posts

We would be happy to assist anyone who needs Vorsteiner products.

We are the largest Vorsteiner dealer and can provide the best pricing and fastest service.

Let me know if you guys need assistance

Pm or shoot me an email at sales@supremepower.com

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Phil T
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 72 Posts

Great to see Vorsteiner on the forum responding to questions and concerns. I guess the Porsche crest and community have a little more pull than the M car crowd ..........Phil
Old 03-05-2016, 07:25 PM
VorsteinerNA
Advanced

Originally Posted by M Ryder
Great to see Vorsteiner on the forum responding to questions and concerns. I guess the Porsche crest and community have a little more pull than the M car crowd ..........Phil
Phil always here to help whether it's BMW or our Porsche clients.

We are all passionate auto enthusiasts by heart and is the reason why we produce and create for the cars we truly love and care for.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:26 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by VorsteinerNA
We do not recall any type of heat shielding present behind the rear diffuser when installing our own carbon diffuser on our in house car.

Not sure why the mesh grid was ever blocked on the factory plastic diffuser but we did make sure to have our diffuser open with a functional mesh grill to allow heat to escape from our rear diffuser.
Sorry, not trying to be difficult here, but I just want to confirm what your saying ??
My memory has been in suspect lately ( I just did an oil change a few weeks back and could swear I remember seeing that aluminum type waffle HS (heat shield) dropping down behind the rear diffuser
Sadly I didn't take any pictures, but do have one from about a year ago or so when one was on a lift .. Not the best shot but as u can see, the HS that is above the rear tail pipes goes up and over to the rear diffuser ..to the back bumper
If I am mistake somebody please tell me ?
Regards
Ed
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2016, 07:33 PM
VorsteinerNA
Advanced

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Sorry, not trying to be difficult here, but I just want to confirm what your saying ??
My memory has been in suspect lately ( I just did an oil change a few weeks back and could swear I remember seeing that aluminum type waffle HS (heat shield) dropping down behind the rear diffuser
Sadly I didn't take any pictures, but do have one from about a year ago or so when one was on a lift .. Not the best shot but as u can see, the HS that is above the rear tail pipes goes up and over to the rear diffuser ..to the back bumper
If I am mistake somebody please tell me ?
Regards
Ed
Ed we will check with our tech and verify this for you as I believe the heat shield did not go directly behind the mesh opening area and nothing was removed.

Quick Reply: Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser - GROUP BUY