Sponsored by: APR

Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser - GROUP BUY

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 02:49 AM
VorsteinerNA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by d00d
Are your grills cosmetic in that the holes are just depressions? Mine has actual holes, but right behind it are heat shields.
They are open metal expanded grills same as factory grills on front bumper
Old 03-20-2016, 02:51 AM
VorsteinerNA
Advanced

Some photos today of our track setup GT4 with GMG exhaust, headers and roll cage with our latest 19 inch forged lightweight wheels.

Thanks to GMG for an amazing event today for those who are located in Southern California.

Stay tuned for more updates on this project build including wing updates ...

Old 03-20-2016, 04:42 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
I don't know how many know, but the rear diffuser on the GT4, is purely cosmetic ?
That does look very nice
Dr Phil wrapped his in CF wrap and it look very nice as well ��
Are your grills cosmetic in that the holes are just depressions? Mine has actual holes, but right behind it are heat shields.
I think you are referring to the rear diffuser ?
If so I posed the question earlier ???
Never got an answer ?
Old 03-20-2016, 10:13 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by VorsteinerNA
They are open metal expanded grills same as factory grills on front bumper
You are describing your product?
I was asking DrPhil Gandini about his stock Porsche diffuser, in trying to determine if there was a running change between his build and mine.
I've answered my own question though, as there is one part number for the grill (5), so all Porsche diffusers have a functional plastic grill with heat shields close behind (8);
http://nemiga.com/en/cat_spares/pet/...4/545u/802100/
Old 03-20-2016, 12:46 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

You are describing your product?
I was asking DrPhil Gandini about his stock Porsche diffuser, in trying to determine if there was a running change between his build and mine.
I've answered my own question though, as there is one part number for the grill (5), so all Porsche diffusers have a functional plastic grill with heat shields close behind (8);
http://nemiga.com/en/cat_spares/pet/...4/545u/802100/
When I say cosmetic ( I probably used the wrong word ) as it has holes ,,,, but when I did my last oil change it appears that the heat shields for the rear muffler and exhaust pieces are blocking any air transfer effect ? My guess would be that Porsche didn't want the heat from those exhaust pieces melting the rear diffuser ??? But I have nothing to back that up
Regards
Ed
Old 03-20-2016, 01:58 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
When I say cosmetic ( I probably used the wrong word ) as it has holes ,,,, but when I did my last oil change it appears that the heat shields for the rear muffler and exhaust pieces are blocking any air transfer effect ? My guess would be that Porsche didn't want the heat from those exhaust pieces melting the rear diffuser ??? But I have nothing to back that up
Regards
Ed
I agree Ed.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:01 AM
Tplgt4
Advanced

How come no one has asked Vorsteiner about details on the extended wing uprights?
Old 04-07-2016, 09:28 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 562 Likes on 276 Posts

pretty hot

Attachment 1356718
Old 04-07-2016, 09:32 PM
inactiveuser726
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tplgt4
How come no one has asked Vorsteiner about details on the extended wing uprights?
+1

This to me is one of the most interesting parts on the car. Details?
Old 04-07-2016, 10:24 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

I will buy if you get wind tunnel data. Seriously.

Other aftermarket companies have gone through the process, so it's not unheard of.

http://www.reverie.ltd.uk/Downloads/...orscheData.pdf

Old 04-10-2016, 07:25 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by user1029
pretty hot

Yes, come see this car in our shop if you are interested in looking over the details. Plus we are having a GT4 Shop Visit on Sat May 7th if any of you are interested in coming down to see this car up and close as it has just about every modification possible for the GT4.

Lastly, I have dealt with Peter (the Owner of Vorsteiner directly) and have never had an issue with any of his products but I know if there was one, he would stand behind it!

We have installed their products on many different manufacturers and we have always been pleased with the results.

We can do the complete installs for all the bodywork as well as the performance parts that we offer right here in our shop.

Cheers,

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 04-10-2016, 09:56 PM
inactiveuser726
Advanced

Originally Posted by James-GMG
Yes, come see this car in our shop if you are interested in looking over the details. Plus we are having a GT4 Shop Visit on Sat May 7th if any of you are interested in coming down to see this car up and close as it has just about every modification possible for the GT4. Lastly, I have dealt with Peter (the Owner of Vorsteiner directly) and have never had an issue with any of his products but I know if there was one, he would stand behind it! We have installed their products on many different manufacturers and we have always been pleased with the results. We can do the complete installs for all the bodywork as well as the performance parts that we offer right here in our shop. Cheers,
James, are the upright extensions purely for aesthetic purposes or will the additional height of the wing yield better downforce?

FYI I have yet to take delivery of my car but your roll bar has my name on it. Looks great!
Old 04-10-2016, 11:33 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by fastauto123
James, are the upright extensions purely for aesthetic purposes or will the additional height of the wing yield better downforce?

FYI I have yet to take delivery of my car but your roll bar has my name on it. Looks great!
I will be testing the Vorsteiner/GMG prepped GT4 at Thermal within the next month to verify the benefits of the higher wing mount and Thermal has a lot of high speed sections where that wing will certainly help.....stay tuned.

Cheers,
Old 04-11-2016, 08:36 AM
inactiveuser726
Advanced

Originally Posted by James-GMG
I will be testing the Vorsteiner/GMG prepped GT4 at Thermal within the next month to verify the benefits of the higher wing mount and Thermal has a lot of high speed sections where that wing will certainly help.....stay tuned. Cheers,
Awesome. Thank you!
Old 04-12-2016, 12:38 AM
Tplgt4
Advanced

At a price of $695 for the aluminum wing extensions and $995 for the carbon version they have to be proven to add downforce before I would consider buying them.

Quick Reply: Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser - GROUP BUY