Sponsored by: APR

Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser - GROUP BUY

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 07:47 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 240 Likes on 140 Posts

@VorsteinerNA
Any chance your car has been around any circuits to see how your mods hold up?
Old 03-05-2016, 07:54 PM
VorsteinerNA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
@VorsteinerNA
Any chance your car has been around any circuits to see how your mods hold up?
Not as of yet as the parts are recently released and we plan to track test the vehicle at Thermal very soon with GMG to see how it affects lap times compared to stock.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by VorsteinerNA
Ed we will check with our tech and verify this for you as I believe the heat shield did not go directly behind the mesh opening area and nothing was removed.
Thx bud
Old 03-05-2016, 10:56 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 558 Likes on 273 Posts

I'm more concerned about how it holds up and the reception it gets at Cars and Coffee than at the track
Old 03-06-2016, 09:29 AM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the look of the rear diffuser, but it seems a little backwards to me to create components described as part of an 'aero package' or 'aero program' that have been created for cosmetic purposes and are yet to be tested for either positive or negative aero impacts, or durability.

It's one thing if it's going on a Mk4 Golf that's going to sit in the local McDonalds parking lot for most of its life, but another if it's going to be bolted to a car that could potentially be tracked and already has a thoughtfully designed aero package that's balanced front-to-rear.

Looks cool, but just comes across a little cart-before-the-horse...
Old 03-06-2016, 11:32 AM
cooperyau
Instructor

Love the Vorsteiner products. Planning to install this kit on my GT4. Photos and write up to come in few weeks. ;-)
Old 03-06-2016, 12:41 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

We have contacted and responded to this particular member and we are looking into his case.

Vorsteiner 100% stands behind our quality and products and assuming the products are original Vorsteiner we would always cover any cost of replacements against manufacturing defects or issues.

We do have an internal procedure set in place to verify the product is in fact an original Vorsteiner product we make as we have had cases in the past where warranty claims were made on replica or counterfeit products that we do not produce.

If any members here have any questions please feel free to contact us at info@vorsteiner.com and we would be more than happy to assist or answer any questions.
Saw that, and BTW, I wasn't knocking your products. I have no first hand knowledge of them at all. I was merely directing forum members to the thread so they could make their own decision. I strongly considered your aero kit for my 991, but in the end didn't want to spend that much $.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:21 PM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my vorsteiner 1m front lip. It's taken a lot of abuse and kept in great shape.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:23 PM
sho-one
Advanced

are the side skirts available in matte plastic vs CF? if so, what's the price? I can't seem to find them on your website
Old 03-18-2016, 09:19 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Not as of yet as the parts are recently released and we plan to track test the vehicle at Thermal very soon with GMG to see how it affects lap times compared to stock.
Updates?
Old 03-19-2016, 10:10 AM
VorsteinerNA
Advanced

The side skirts and front spoiler will both be available in satin black composite fiberglass for those that do not want optical carbon fiber.

The official photos and prices will be going up next week to our website as well as the release of our extended wing uprights.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:12 AM
VorsteinerNA
Advanced

Originally Posted by sho-one
are the side skirts available in matte plastic vs CF? if so, what's the price? I can't seem to find them on your website
Originally Posted by C5driver
Updates?
Our GT4 was at GMG getting some track upgrades and we will be taking our GT4 to the next Thermal track event to test all the components including our lightweight 19 inch forged track wheels.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:53 AM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry to hear you had less than a stellar experience with us.

Feel free to contact us at info@vorsteiner.com and we would love to hear what had went wrong and would love to ensure your feedback is documented and heard.

Appreciate your feedback thank you!
How about you compensate him instead of just listening to his issues since you say your parts should fit perfectly.

I almost got your wing for the turbo s but so many people complained about the lousy fit.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:59 AM
VorsteinerNA
Advanced

Originally Posted by jem7v
How about you compensate him instead of just listening to his issues since you say your parts should fit perfectly.

I almost got your wing for the turbo s but so many people complained about the lousy fit.
Yes we always take care of our customers if there is ever any issues with production.

There are always potential issues with manufacturing composite parts that are 100% hand made but we do our very best to stand behind our products and our customers or we would not be in business for 11 years.

If you have a particular issue with us are more than welcome to contact us privately via messenger and we would be more than happy to discuss this with you directly.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:52 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPhil Gandini
I must admit to being disappointed that the diffuser is cosmetic. But the Porsche literature admits as much: "The powerful finale is presented by the black rear apron in diffuser look with two centrally positioned tailpipes..."
But of course it would be almost impossible to make it actually work. But since it's cosmetic, why not make the grilles real, instead of solid?
Are your grills cosmetic in that the holes are just depressions? Mine has actual holes, but right behind it are heat shields.

Quick Reply: Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser - GROUP BUY