Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Porsche Experience Center (PEC)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 11:48 AM
trebien
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI, I was told that PEC was NOT available in conjunction with European Delivery vehicles.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 200 Posts

I tried to change my GT4 delivery to the PEC for April or May now that it is an option - I was told NO yesterday. Oh well.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:20 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
I tried to change my GT4 delivery to the PEC for April or May now that it is an option - I was told NO yesterday. Oh well.
That's strange. Either they're all booked or they're having growing pains. Maybe the logistics are that difficult.

That sucks, delivery there would add so much more to the experience.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:31 PM
gac1077
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PistolPete
That's strange. Either they're all booked or they're having growing pains. Maybe the logistics are that difficult. That sucks, delivery there would add so much more to the experience.
I have been told that my car arrives at the dealership June 10th if I do PEC it will be deliver July 2nd. For someone that has been to the PEC do you think the extra time will be worth it? I really want to go back to the PEC but not sure if I can wait almost and extra month. Decisions
Old 03-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 200 Posts

The stated reason: my build had already started (car to be completed today or tomorrow) and this must be selected before you lock.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:08 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Originally Posted by gac1077
I have been told that my car arrives at the dealership June 10th if I do PEC it will be deliver July 2nd. For someone that has been to the PEC do you think the extra time will be worth it? I really want to go back to the PEC but not sure if I can wait almost and extra month. Decisions
I haven't been to the PEC yet (April trip), but here is my take.

One benefit of PEC delivery is a free 90 minute driving class with lunch. Your dealer may have gift vouchers to the PEC that will give you the same benefit.

You're in FL and Atlanta is a day trip away for you.

Given all this, I don't think it's worth the 1-month extra wait for your GT4 just for delivery at the PEC.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:42 PM
gac1077
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I haven't been to the PEC yet (April trip), but here is my take. One benefit of PEC delivery is a free 90 minute driving class with lunch. Your dealer may have gift vouchers to the PEC that will give you the same benefit. You're in FL and Atlanta is a day trip away for you. Given all this, I don't think it's worth the 1-month extra wait for your GT4 just for delivery at the PEC.
Thank you Peter, I really just want my car, ill call the dealer and let them know to cancel the PEC delivery. I had a great time when I did master the manuals but to me it's not worth the wait, my wife was really looking forward to the trip but I guess Pensacola, Fl should not be that bad. We will drive the car back from the dealer which it's about 5 hours from Jacksonville. Looking forward to your pictures from your awesome trip to the PEC. Hopefully I'll drive it back to NYC in the summer to visit family and meet some of the people in the GT4 group. Again thanks
Old 03-04-2016, 09:18 PM
gt9729b
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did any of you folks that did PEC delivery have to provide an additional deposit? The paperwork that I was given asks for a $1000 non-refundable deposit. I've already put down a deposit to get my allocation and am a little leery of forking over $1000 more (non-refundable) before I've even moved into building a configuration and getting what feels like a "real" car.

Did you put down again and if so, when during the ordering process?
Old 03-04-2016, 09:29 PM
skywnsgml
AutoX

I didnt put any more down when i added pec but then, i put 5k down for the car.

Originally Posted by gt9729b
Did any of you folks that did PEC delivery have to provide an additional deposit? The paperwork that I was given asks for a $1000 non-refundable deposit. I've already put down a deposit to get my allocation and am a little leery of forking over $1000 more (non-refundable) before I've even moved into building a configuration and getting what feels like a "real" car.

Did you put down again and if so, when during the ordering process?
Old 03-04-2016, 11:25 PM
TheExiger
Track Day

I have not had to put down any additional deposit other than my original $1k deposit.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:19 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Just bring a friend and do it yourself! One advantage of the PEC is that it's huge and you can find a quiet spot out of the way to apply the temp wrap.

Don't be like me and do this wrap on the busy dealer ramp with all the gawkers thinking I'm crazy!!!

DSC_2566 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

DSC_2567 by Peter Moy, on Flickr
Pete ROTFLMAO
I just saw this .. a buddy of mine on Rennlist sent me this thread ...
How long did this take and what worked well and what didn't ?
re there any ill effects
TIA
regards
Ed
Old 04-12-2016, 02:30 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Optionally, our shop is 25 minutes away and can give a great looking Xpel wrap over night.

For a DIY solution, that is a really impressive temporary fix!!
Old 04-12-2016, 02:38 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Pete ROTFLMAO
I just saw this .. a buddy of mine on Rennlist sent me this thread ...
How long did this take and what worked well and what didn't ?
re there any ill effects
TIA
regards
Ed
What? How could you have missed my masterpiece!! LOL

I had a full crew of 5 friends helping and knocked it out within 45 minutes with no accidents or head butts. The guys at the dealership were shocked and never saw anything like that.

The track wrap is STICKY and I've had a friend with a 356 pull his paint right off while removing so be careful. I only drove about 1 hour on the highway to the film guy and even in that short period of time is was stuck on pretty well.

Here are photos from the rest of the install on delivery day:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskor7auT
Old 04-12-2016, 03:10 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

What? How could you have missed my masterpiece!! LOL

I had a full crew of 5 friends helping and knocked it out within 45 minutes with no accidents or head butts. The guys at the dealership were shocked and never saw anything like that.

The track wrap is STICKY and I've had a friend with a 356 pull his paint right off while removing so be careful. I only drove about 1 hour on the highway to the film guy and even in that short period of time is was stuck on pretty well.

Here are photos from the rest of the install on delivery day:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskor7auT
I assume that the 356 had been repainted ?
So you just pulled it off or did you use steam ?
I know not to put it on the headlights
Seems you taped around the edges to avoid lifting ?
A crew of 5 lol sounds like a F1 pit crew 😉
Old 04-12-2016, 05:36 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
I assume that the 356 had been repainted ?
So you just pulled it off or did you use steam ?
I know not to put it on the headlights
Seems you taped around the edges to avoid lifting ?
A crew of 5 lol sounds like a F1 pit crew 😉
- Not sure of the history of the paint on that 356. Safe to say this stuff can be STICKY.

- We just pulled it off when we got to the film destination. We were all surprised at how tight it was.

- Yup, I knew we had to get on the highway so we taped some of the leading edges. Probably not necessary knowing how sticky it is now but I didn't want any flapping to happen while on the road.

Would I do this again? Yes I would! I didn't want to deal with trailering it to the destination.

Quick Reply: Porsche Experience Center (PEC)