Sponsored by: APR

Porsche Experience Center (PEC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 10:08 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dntlvet
Is there a charge for PEC Atlanta Delivery?
We get to drive a GT4 or other on track?
Wow. Sign me up.
No charge to the customer or the dealer. I don't know for sure if you'll drive a GT4 but I would assume so given they have some for the track.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:57 AM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Accel Junky
No charge to the customer or the dealer. I don't know for sure if you'll drive a GT4 but I would assume so given they have some for the track.
My dealer contacted me about this option and I'm saying >> sign me up.
I just wonder how much lead time we will have on the delivery date to TIMELY schedule flights to Atlanta.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:52 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 260 Posts

Funny I was just told it was available too. I just wonder if they do clear bra there. I was originally planning to have the car shipped from the dealer straight to my clear bra guy.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:30 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Clear Bra

Originally Posted by jlee504
Funny I was just told it was available too. I just wonder if they do clear bra there. I was originally planning to have the car shipped from the dealer straight to my clear bra guy.
That is a good question. Maybe I might check into the stuff made by expel just for the track where you can apply and remove after the track event.

Also, I received an email about the PEC delivery with some additional information as follows:

A vehicle in your inventory has been ordered with the PEC Delivery option, for delivery at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta, GA. Please be aware of the following information when planning your customer’s New Car Delivery at the Porsche Experience Center.
•    There is no additional cost to the customer or the Dealer for the New Vehicle Delivery Program at either Porsche Experience Center.

•    A delivery window of two weeks will be reserved for your customer, dependent on their current, planned production date. An exact delivery date will be confirmed once the vehicle is on vessel, and no more than 6 weeks before their reserved window.
•    Once your customer has confirmed their delivery window, we will need the attached PEC Delivery Order Form and Agreement completed, signed, and returned with a copy of their valid Driver’s License.
•    No advanced payment will be required.
•    You will be required to send proof of customer payment for the vehicle before they are allowed to take possession of the vehicle from the PEC.
•    Customers will need to present proof of vehicle registration and insurance at delivery, and will need to provide their vehicle license plate (temporary or permanent) before they will be allowed to leave with their vehicle.
•    A cancellation fee of $500 will be applied to orders once they are within 6 weeks of the delivery date. This will be in addition to the cost of transporting the vehicle to the purchasing dealer.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:05 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Sounds like a great business opportunity for anyone looking to open up a detailing and clear bra business nearby!
Old 02-15-2016, 12:30 PM
gt9729b
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once I saw this option I was afraid how this was going to impact Euro delivery. Well, I just got an email from my dealership saying that there aren't any more slots available for ED. ...so much for my "confirmed" date in late June. Can't say I'm surprised, just a little disappointed. Maybe I'll see some of you in Atlanta instead (if that happens)
Old 02-15-2016, 01:58 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

I see that there are some very fun looking twisty roads in the north GA mountains heading towards Deals Gap and the infamous Dragon area. This seems to be an ideal break in venue for those that take delivery at the PEC.

I'm looking forward to driving some of these roads myself during my April visit to the PEC and I'll try to get more info about this program to report back here if no one beats me to it by then.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:17 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PEC Brochure

This is almost ready to print from what I understand. It does confirm the on track experience. And I can give some time to my wife! Nice!
Attached Images

Last edited by bella1; 02-16-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:56 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gt9729b
Once I saw this option I was afraid how this was going to impact Euro delivery. Well, I just got an email from my dealership saying that there aren't any more slots available for ED. ...so much for my "confirmed" date in late June. Can't say I'm surprised, just a little disappointed. Maybe I'll see some of you in Atlanta instead (if that happens)
Did the dealer confirm your date or PCNA?
Old 02-16-2016, 03:19 PM
gac1077
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

I just received the forms from PCNA. Actual delivery date will be confirmed no later than 4 weeks in advance, and once your vehicle is confirmed in a vessel.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:28 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

We are about 25 minutes from the PEC. If anyone is interested in exploring clear bra or nano protection in Atlanta let me know. Feel free to search our threads to get an idea of the caliber of our work.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:38 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
We are about 25 minutes from the PEC. If anyone is interested in exploring clear bra or nano protection in Atlanta let me know. Feel free to search our threads to get an idea of the caliber of our work.
Too late for me, but that's a cool idea... pick up at PEC and get PPF installed for the drive home. Makes complete sense.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:50 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
Perfect! I know someone who is taking delivery in May and you guys may make it possible for that to happen in ATL!
Old 02-16-2016, 05:16 PM
gt9729b
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a back and forth email exchange with my dealer selecting a date in late June that was "confirmed". I think he was working with the ED folks in Atlanta (Jamie) I responded that I'd hold off on making travel arrangements until something more official came across.

I don't know how official anything was, but the text of an email included "We have you booked" pending confirmation. Then later that they were "locking in" but wanted additional confirmation from me (which was given). Then, last email putting a nail in it said that they don't have the ability to change or get Euro Delivery for my GT4 and asked if I'd still take it locally. Oh well, no Euro Delivery. Now I'm wondering if my allocation is even real.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:08 PM
stjoh
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 75 Posts

I was able to add PEC Atlanta delivery to my order despite it having already locked. Since I was picking the car up in Atlanta anyway I figured this was a no-brainer.

Quick Reply: Porsche Experience Center (PEC)