Sponsored by: APR

Porsche Experience Center (PEC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 02:26 AM
gac1077
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
We are about 25 minutes from the PEC. If anyone is interested in exploring clear bra or nano protection in Atlanta let me know. Feel free to search our threads to get an idea of the caliber of our work.
Will you guys be able to this at the PEC or the car will need to go to you? Thanks
Old 02-23-2016, 07:43 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by gac1077
Will you guys be able to this at the PEC or the car will need to go to you? Thanks
We have no issues doing the work at PEC but it would require arrangements to be made with Porsche on your side for us to head onsite.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:25 AM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 617 Likes on 421 Posts

We have no issues doing the work at PEC but it would require arrangements to be made with Porsche on your side for us to head onsite.
My build locks in 2 days, I may select PEC delivery in Atlanta. Will email you for quotes and specifics for PPF, tint, and detail.

I was going to pick my car up about a 7 hour drive away, and was debating putting it in a trailer to bring it to DFW to have PPF and detail work done by a local shop I trust, but if I can make this work out in Atlanta, I may go for it!
Old 02-23-2016, 10:35 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

If there was enough demand I would find a local shop to lease just for prepping PEC deliveries.

Found 2 acceptable shops within 3.x miles.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:52 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PEC

Any clear protection can only be added after the paperwork is complete and you own the vehicle. It cannot be installed prior to delivery. PEC is looking into this further as some have asked about the protection. I asked that they consider the track Xpel film made for single use. Maybe they could purchase this and install for the owner since it will be removed once the car is driven home.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:09 PM
gac1077
Racer

Originally Posted by bella1
Any clear protection can only be added after the paperwork is complete and you own the vehicle. It cannot be installed prior to delivery. PEC is looking into this further as some have asked about the protection. I asked that they consider the track Xpel film made for single use. Maybe they could purchase this and install for the owner since it will be removed once the car is driven home.
thanks for the info, hopefully track Xpel for single use becomes and option by the time I pick up the car.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:18 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

thanks for the info, hopefully track Xpel for single use becomes and option by the time I pick up the car.
Just bring a friend and do it yourself! One advantage of the PEC is that it's huge and you can find a quiet spot out of the way to apply the temp wrap.

Don't be like me and do this wrap on the busy dealer ramp with all the gawkers thinking I'm crazy!!!

DSC_2566 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

DSC_2567 by Peter Moy, on Flickr
Old 02-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PistolPete
Just bring a friend and do it yourself! One advantage of the PEC is that it's huge and you can find a quiet spot out of the way to apply the temp wrap.

Don't be like me and do this wrap on the busy dealer ramp with all the gawkers thinking I'm crazy!!!

DSC_2566 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

DSC_2567 by Peter Moy, on Flickr
LOL! That's incredible!!

Definitely better than nothing at all!
Old 02-23-2016, 03:13 PM
gac1077
Racer

Originally Posted by PistolPete
Just bring a friend and do it yourself! One advantage of the PEC is that it's huge and you can find a quiet spot out of the way to apply the temp wrap. Don't be like me and do this wrap on the busy dealer ramp with all the gawkers thinking I'm crazy!!! DSC_2566 by Peter Moy, on Flickr DSC_2567 by Peter Moy, on Flickr
Pete you are my Hero. I hope it holds the 5 hour trip.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:16 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Hey guys, if you use track wrap. DO NOT let it get wet while installed. It can be a reaaaaaaal PITA to get off.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:41 PM
TheExiger
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be picking up my GT4 at PEC in April-May. I was planning on just applying some blue painters tape (what I usually use for track days and auto-x) for my drive back home to Florida. Any negatives to painters tape other than not being as durable as a real wrap or track wrap?

I imagine painters tape will provide a decent amount of protection for most objects that may hit the car other than a hit from a large rock.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheExiger
I will be picking up my GT4 at PEC in April-May. I was planning on just applying some blue painters tape (what I usually use for track days and auto-x) for my drive back home to Florida. Any negatives to painters tape other than not being as durable as a real wrap or track wrap?

I imagine painters tape will provide a decent amount of protection for most objects that may hit the car other than a hit from a large rock.
Probably not the best solution with how warm it may get.

If you want a temporary DIY solution, get track wrap.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:56 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by TheExiger

The blue tape is pretty thin and due to it's narrow width, it will take a while to get full coverage. I used Road Wrap which comes in wide rolls. It's really sticky however and I was nervous removing it after only a 1 hour highway drive to the film installer.

DSC_2550 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

DSC_2549 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

DSC_2561 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

DSC_2562 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

DSC_2570 by Peter Moy, on Flickr
Old 02-23-2016, 05:33 PM
gac1077
Racer

Hey guys, if you use track wrap. DO NOT let it get wet while installed. It can be a reaaaaaaal PITA to get off.
How long will it take to do a track package clear bra at your facilities? Thanks
Old 02-23-2016, 06:03 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

How long will it take to do a track package clear bra at your facilities? Thanks
The bulk of the work is done the day it is dropped off with us. We keep it overnight to inspect and baby sit the next morning and cut it loose mid-morning the following day.

Of the folks reaching out to me. The majority are treating it like a night on the town in Atlanta while we do our thing.

Quick Reply: Porsche Experience Center (PEC)