Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Katmeho's GT4 Track Day Oriented Journal

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 02:40 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,636 Likes on 759 Posts

^^ jealous. I'll be sweating at Sebring Sunday, wish I was at Thunder Hill instead!!
Old 06-17-2016, 08:43 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by RDCR
Drove LS yesterday with HOD - 90db day. Blew sound twice running out of 5. Any throttle in 3rd didn't cut it. I had to stay in 4th and keep it under 5500 RPM. Hoping the GPS controller will be good for 90 db days as well.

I still managed a PB for me of 1:44 which was 4 seconds better then I had done in the Cayman R so I'm ecstatic with the car.

One difference I noticed after watching your video and Joe's was how we are driving turn 3. Joe is going back to second where it appears you are staying in 3rd which is how I was driving it as well. It does feel to me like 3rd is a little tall to get a good track out of 3 (at least at my exit speed) but getting to 3rd and then right back to second in the 2-3 straight seemed like a hassle the one time I tried it. I think I will work on doing that next visit there.

I went with staying in 3rd thru the corkscrew after watching you guys - much better!

Rich
Congrats on the PB, man! That always makes a track day. Yeah, in the gt3 and gt4 I've noticed that dropping into 2nd gear lets you power out better and it feels like the car is lugging if you stay in 3rd. If you watch pobst, he drops into 2nd as well. Although, he also drops into 2nd for the corkscrew, but I feel the car is much more smooth and stable staying in 3rd, so I chose not to adopt what he did there for now.

Headed out to thill now!
Old 07-11-2016, 11:12 PM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New set of ME20s installed on fronts (5.5 days of life)
New set of Girodisc 2-piece rotors installed on fronts (13ish days of life on stock rotors)

Rear pads still have about 30% left. Rear rotors are totally fine. I have new hardware for the rears, but going to try to squeeze a little more life out of the rears before the swap.

Testing the new rotors this Friday in 100+ degree heat. Ugh.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:32 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

You should give ferodo ds1.11 a shot. They will last longer than me20. My project mu club racer experiment didn't turn out well. Only 4 days and they had tapering. Ferodo gave me 10-12 days on the gt3. No tapering. I'm putting ferodo on the gt4 this week.

Was thinking about Friday, but a high of 80F at Sonoma on Sunday was more enticing. Plus I gotta see what the car can do there.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:37 PM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, need to get out to Sears. Not sure why Im hesitant there. Its technically my home course, although I think I now have more hours at TH. Would be nice to get out there with you and some of the other NorCals soon.

I may look at the ds1.11s next go around. Although Im starting to pull back the investment in the GT4 and move it towards a possible full season in SPB next year. Not sure how thats all going to play out as we go into the fall....
Old 07-12-2016, 02:12 AM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by katmeho
Yeah, need to get out to Sears. Not sure why Im hesitant there. Its technically my home course, although I think I now have more hours at TH. Would be nice to get out there with you and some of the other NorCals soon. I may look at the ds1.11s next go around. Although Im starting to pull back the investment in the GT4 and move it towards a possible full season in SPB next year. Not sure how thats all going to play out as we go into the fall....
I'll be slowin' things up at Sonoma w/HOD 8/25. You should come out.
Old 05-30-2023, 12:03 AM
GentianGentleman
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

How is this car going?

Quick Reply: Katmeho's GT4 Track Day Oriented Journal