Sponsored by: APR

GT4 laps VIR with DSC Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 11:08 AM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts
Default GT4 laps VIR with DSC Sport

We had a huge breakthrough in development for the 991/981 platform this past week! Check out the video below of Mike lapping the now DSC-equipped GT4 at VIR! He runs a 2:08.31 with fully inflated stock tires. We expect to have units ready for sale by the end of October, as Mike finishes the final tweaks to the software in the mean time.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:38 PM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 73 Posts

Interesting! How hard is the install for DYIers?
Old 09-14-2015, 02:02 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
We had a huge breakthrough in development for the 991/981 platform this past week! Check out the video below of Mike lapping the now DSC-equipped GT4 at VIR! He runs a 2:08.31 with fully inflated stock tires. We expect to have units ready for sale by the end of October, as Mike finishes the final tweaks to the software in the mean time.

DSC Sport - GT4 Laps VIR - YouTube
Hey Tom, you know I want one for the GTS!

Originally Posted by Inrev
Interesting! How hard is the install for DYIers?
depends, it was ridiculously easy for the 997.2 ... literally you unplug the PASM control module in the footwell of the passenger side and connect the
DSC in its place, on the 7.1 cars you needed to install and additional accelerometer, which was a little trickier, but TPC's instructions were
comprehensive...

dont know how hard it will be for the 991/981, depends upon the location
and accessibility of the PASM controller and also the OEM accelerometers
Old 09-15-2015, 09:36 AM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

The install time is going to fall somewhere between that of a .2 and .1. It will be great for a DIY project, as it will requiring no splicing of wires, etc. as does the .1. Installing DSC for a 991 will most likely require removing and then replacing some carpeting - In a model with all the carpeting, seats, and the addition of a roll bar (most difficult install scenario) you're looking at about 1-1.5 hours. 981 will be a little easier and will most likely take as little as 15 minutes. We'll post some photos and instructions as we near the release of the new controller.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:20 AM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

While its winter in the mid Atlantic/Northeast limiting track testing are there any updates on the DSC Sport for the GT4? Are these in stock and or what is the lead time? Also install instructions for 981/gT4? Thanks!
Old 02-22-2016, 09:45 AM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by morefun
While its winter in the mid Atlantic/Northeast limiting track testing are there any updates on the DSC Sport for the GT4? Are these in stock and or what is the lead time? Also install instructions for 981/gT4? Thanks!
I don't know what's out there for GT4 reviews specifically, but the following threads have some reviews on the DSC for the 981/991 chassis.

Units are in stock and ready to ship same-day. You can purchase online at: www.dscsport.com or call us to order at 410-799-7798 - we're always happy to answer any questions you have!

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-forum-14.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8952...-module-5.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-thread-6.html

And here's an installation video for the 981:

Old 02-22-2016, 10:37 AM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the links! In fact I had read all of them recently. I was just looking for some GT4 specific feedback recognizing that it was still early in the game. The 997 posters must be engineers based on their personal in-depth computer analysis, very impressive. The DSC module looks like a winner to me and a lot of bang for the buck. Im going to try and not get carried away with mods on this car other than an aggressive alignment including rear toe links, adj, thrust bearings, lock out plates and an after market LSD. Based on the feedback on the other forums, your DSC corner balance module clearly enhances the dual purpose potential (daily driver in my case with 8-10 DEs yr.). Well done! Will program updates be available at no cost for existing units as further testing optimizes the performance? I would assume that the unit itself would have to be returned for the update download. Again thanks!

Last edited by morefun; 02-22-2016 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:38 PM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the links! In fact I had read all of them recently. I was just looking for some GT4 specific feedback recognizing that it was still early in the game. The 997 posters must be engineers based on their personal in-depth computer analysis, very impressive. The DSC module looks like a winner to me and a lot of bang for the buck. Im going to try and not get carried away with mods on this car. Other than an aggressive corner balance alignment, including rear toe links, adj, thrust bearings, lock out plates and an after market LSD. Based on the feedback on the other forums, your DSC module clearly enhances the dual purpose potential (daily driver in my case with 8-10 DEs yr.). Well done! Will program updates be available at no cost for existing units as further testing optimizes the performance? I would assume that the unit itself would have to be returned for the update download. Again thanks!
No charge for software/firmware updates! If there's a software update, that can easily be done using the tuning software; no need to send the unit in. As of now, firmware updates require the units to be sent in, but we're working on a way to allow these updates to be made remotely. We also don't expect there to be any firmware updates for the 991/981 units any time soon.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:23 PM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the reply! Do you have them in stock, if not what is your lead time?
Old 02-22-2016, 02:43 PM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the reply! Do you have them in stock, if not what is your lead time?
Yes, and we can do same-day shipping for all orders placed by noontime EST (we'll do our best to get it out same-day if placed after; just no guarantees).
Old 02-22-2016, 08:19 PM
bhk1004
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would be nice if there was an outline of what specifically this does for the gt4. At this point it seems like you tested it but no idea what the gains actually were. None of the promised info were presented along with the fact that the website makes it seems like a very generic device. Does it have specific gt4 settings?
Old 02-22-2016, 10:33 PM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bhk1004
Would be nice if there was an outline of what specifically this does for the gt4. At this point it seems like you tested it but no idea what the gains actually were. None of the promised info were presented along with the fact that the website makes it seems like a very generic device. Does it have specific gt4 settings?
Bhk1004 - read the links referenced in post #5 to better understand the benefits and how this works. Do a search for references as well. No hard data offered up, I.e. back to back lap times but plenty of qualified subjective responses including pro driver feed back.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:42 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was going to get the JRZ set up and then I saw this. Can someone educate me on the best option?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: GT4 laps VIR with DSC Sport