Sponsored by: APR

Autotrader GT4's

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 04:30 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Autotrader GT4's

Going through the Autotrader listings I noticed a car at Autogallery in Woodland Hills listed for MSRP. Auto Gallery happens to be a dealer that is on my way to work and the one I stop at often just to window shop and lately just to see if they have a GT4 on the lot.

So naturally I called them upon seeing this ad as I would have gotten in my car and driven there immediately if the car was in stock.

Turns out it will be there on Monday or Tuesday and the salesman stated that it would sell for $25K - $30K over MSRP.

Now I understand LA dealers are asking over MSRP, but listing it on Autotrader at MSRP is a new low in my book, and seems borderline illegal. Glad I did not buy a car from these guys.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Well, the gouging continues, doesn't it, but obviously the market is hot enough to warranty that kind of frenzy.

Our dealers around here seem to be keeping to MSRP (so far), maybe it's a Canadian thing...

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-26-2015, 05:50 PM
2slow2speed
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 67 Posts

All this asking 20-25% over MSRP kind of reminds me of how Real Estate got to be in the SF Bay Area during the .com days.

Some house sellers would ask for Stock Options and other ridiculous things to be included as a package by a potential buyer who was making an offer for a house.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:00 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,053 Likes on 2,312 Posts

Originally Posted by 2slow2speed
All this asking 20-25% over MSRP kind of reminds me of how Real Estate got to be in the SF Bay Area during the .com days.

Some house sellers would ask for Stock Options and other ridiculous things to be included as a package by a potential buyer who was making an offer for a house.
The tech bubble days are back in Norcal with the frothiness of the stock market and all the tech companies going public and home prices are up about 100% since the lows in 2010/2011. Makes home prices in Irvine looks cheap by comparison.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:02 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gmaki
Going through the Autotrader listings I noticed a car at Autogallery in Woodland Hills listed for MSRP. Auto Gallery happens to be a dealer that is on my way to work and the one I stop at often just to window shop and lately just to see if they have a GT4 on the lot.

So naturally I called them upon seeing this ad as I would have gotten in my car and driven there immediately if the car was in stock.

Turns out it will be there on Monday or Tuesday and the salesman stated that it would sell for $25K - $30K over MSRP.

Now I understand LA dealers are asking over MSRP, but listing it on Autotrader at MSRP is a new low in my book, and seems borderline illegal. Glad I did not buy a car from these guys.
Most all CA dealers are WORTHLESS. Hence why I'm working with non-CA dealerships who are actually looking to build a relationship with a client and not try to rape them. It's a give and take....they give me a GT allocation and I'll give them one of my GT cars...win-win for everyone.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:39 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 561 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Most all CA dealers are WORTHLESS. Hence why I'm working with non-CA dealerships who are actually looking to build a relationship with a client and not try to rape them. It's a give and take....they give me a GT allocation and I'll give them one of my GT cars...win-win for everyone.
If you replace 'dealers' with 'women' that is how my friends describe the dating game out there in SoCal
Old 07-27-2015, 12:09 AM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,173 Likes on 625 Posts

I've lived in SoCal for 18 years probably bought 15-20 cars . There's only on guy that I will deal with Jimmy @ Sb auto group. I've bought cars from many other stores including BH porsche & Rusnak . They always reminded me of a drug deal in the 60s. Shake hands and count your fingers to see if any are missing . Carl
Old 07-27-2015, 02:09 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,741 Likes on 2,350 Posts

Originally Posted by gmaki

this IS illegal. if you like, you can file law suit. but they do have deep pocket. that said, they are very very well know for trick like this. they have also sold me a car, and sold it from under me as i board the plane to pick it up. it is LA. in my younger days, i would have called my gang and clear them out with woozies then drive the car free of charge. but that's in the 80's.

Originally Posted by 2slow2speed

ken, it's still like that. have you tried to buy into PA or menlo lately?

The tech bubble days are back in Norcal with the frothiness of the stock market and all the tech companies going public and home prices are up about 100% since the lows in 2010/2011. Makes home prices in Irvine looks cheap by comparison.
meh, only 50%-60% from 2010-11

Originally Posted by user1029
If you replace 'dealers' with 'women' that is how my friends describe the dating game out there in SoCal
you are hanging out wrong place.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:17 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

There's your mistake: Auto Gallery

Well known for being one of the top unscrupulous dealers.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:02 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I know the yellow and white ones listed under Woodhouse are sold already. They were 918 vip cars.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:21 AM
Jooyoung99
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up mine at Circle Porsche Today. Someone cancelled. Offered to pay some extra $$$. Worth every penny. What a bargain!

Old 08-01-2015, 01:37 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Congrats, does it have bucket seats?
Old 08-01-2015, 01:41 AM
Jooyoung99
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. I like the idea of LWB, but I'm too fat to fit in it comfortably.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:27 AM
arena-RTR
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey hey HEY!

Give me a call.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:32 AM
arena-RTR
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by user1029
Don't even get me started...

Quick Reply: Autotrader GT4's