Sponsored by: APR

LWB supply getting better?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Provie
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Nice!! I take it you got this in matching yellow as a CXX option? Have you heard of other GT4 owners doing this, or did Exclusive arrange testing and approval just for you? Do you mind if I ask how much it cost? I'm interested since I got the same marker stripe in yellow on my 991 GT3--I love it!
Haha. I don't think us GT4 guys were as unlucky as you GT3's! We get to add the stripe for a mere 325 (CAD). I'd imagine you paid more for yours on your car as a CXX option.
As an aside, I've used your car as the inspiration for my build (Modegrau w PCCB's). Unfortunately I've been sitting at v215 status for a few weeks and can't add the yellow marker after it was made available on the configurator!! You have a lovely GT3 though... I look at your pics daily as I wait for my car to trickle through the production process.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:12 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Provie
Haha. I don't think us GT4 guys were as unlucky as you GT3's! We get to add the stripe for a mere 325 (CAD). I'd imagine you paid more for yours on your car as a CXX option.
As an aside, I've used your car as the inspiration for my build (Modegrau w PCCB's). Unfortunately I've been sitting at v215 status for a few weeks and can't add the yellow marker after it was made available on the configurator!! You have a lovely GT3 though... I look at your pics daily as I wait for my car to trickle through the production process.
I wish they'd offered that option on the GT3, rather than make us use CXX. At $325 CAD I'd take it in a heart beat too! (I paid more ) Thanks for the info, and thanks for the kind words on the GT3! Please post photos of your car when it arrives!
Old 07-11-2015, 06:25 PM
anselmw
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Nice!! I take it you got this in matching yellow as a CXX option? Have you heard of other GT4 owners doing this, or did Exclusive arrange testing and approval just for you? Do you mind if I ask how much it cost? I'm interested since I got the same marker stripe in yellow on my 991 GT3--I love it!
It is now an available option to all but only available in yellow and only on alcantara wheels. I noticed the new option last month and asked my dealer to see if he could add and he was able to. I am used to the blue one I have in my m3 so this will feel at home.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:33 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick1
I know so many of you desperately want the LWB seats, but how many of you have actually tried them out?
I tried them and they have very poor lumbar support if any, as the seats are curved the wrong way and the kicker is the seat back is fixed and cannot be adjusted at all.
If this car will be mostly a road car with occasional track use, I would maybe reconsider the LWB seats.
They look cool but if you are uncomfortable every time you get into the car are they really worth it. Plus it would save you $$$$.
My advice is to try them out first.
I've sat in them a few times briefly in GT3s equipped with them that I've seen at the track. I'm 5'10" 200# and I find them very comfortable. Yes, you do sit upright, but that's what you want when driving anyway; I found the backrest angle perfectly judged for me based on how I sit in my M3 now. I think the only people who will find them too upright are people who are used to driving with the "gangsta lean", i.e. reclined so far back you have to fully extend the one arm you're using to hold the wheel at 12 o'clock while blasting "Still D.R.E.".

Lumbar support is definitely a possible concern, but people who have LWBs and have encountered that issue have bought one of the two sizes of this pillow and said it completely solves the issue: http://www.tempurpedic.com/cushions/...barcushion.asp. Perfectly reasonable solution IMHO.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:20 PM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arena-RTR
LWB's are now available for all builds September forward on GT4's, October forward on Spyders
Just wanted to make sure since I have an ETA of Sept 11. My build is in "fixed" (V250) status, but is there any way that I can configure the LWBs now?
Old 07-11-2015, 07:47 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts
Default LWB supply getting better?

Originally Posted by csbear
Just wanted to make sure since I have an ETA of Sept 11. My build is in "fixed" (V250) status, but is there any way that I can configure the LWBs now?
God himself cannot change your order once it is locked. Seriously. I tried with the GT3 when they announced the buckets after my order locked. I had to abandon the order and get another allocation in order to get the bucket seats on my gt3
Old 07-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
God himself cannot change your order once it is locked.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:26 PM
csbear
Racer

Originally Posted by orthojoe
God himself cannot change your order once it is locked. Seriously. I tried with the GT3 when they announced the buckets after my order locked. I had to abandon the order and get another allocation in order to get the bucket seats on my gt3
Haha! Oh well, will have to stick with it. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks Joe!

I am already way over the wifey threshold when it comes to the price of my car, so I will take some solace in that.

Would be nice if PCNA would allow the early adopters who could not initially option LWBs to get them later for the same price... but I assume that isn't happening. It seems as if the Europe, Middle East and Asian GT4s didn't have this LWB issue.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Haha! Oh well, will have to stick with it. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks Joe!

I am already way over the wifey threshold when it comes to the price of my car, so I will take some solace in that.

Would be nice if PCNA would allow the early adopters who could not initially option LWBs to get them later for the same price... but I assume that isn't happening. It seems as if the Europe, Middle East and Asian GT4s didn't have this LWB issue.
If that happens, I will B$%^ you in Macy's window
Old 07-11-2015, 08:41 PM
jphughan
Drifting

The problem there is that the LWB pricing on the configurator is the marginal cost over the standard seats, whereas buying them aftermarket you're paying the full cost of the item. Theoretically they could arrange some sort of core rebate for people who want to trade their standard seats in, but I think we all know how much of a chance that has of actually happening....

Those other regions may have avoided the LWB supply issue either because Porsche was able to swap in the GT2 buckets instead and/or because those regions got far fewer allocations compared to the US in the first place.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:01 PM
csbear
Racer

Originally Posted by jphughan
The problem there is that the LWB pricing on the configurator is the marginal cost over the standard seats, whereas buying them aftermarket you're paying the full cost of the item. Theoretically they could arrange some sort of core rebate for people who want to trade their standard seats in, but I think we all know how much of a chance that has of actually happening....
Yup, that's what I was thinking, and a business is a business is a business. Being "nice" is not part of the game. <sigh>

Oh well, I won't cry over it and will just enjoy my car to the fullest! The sublime shifter, the engine noise, and taking turns at white knuckle speeds!
Old 07-11-2015, 09:15 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

For those asking my SA told me my order was accepted w/LWB and that I have a delivery date of Nov 27th. I need to confirm my order this weekend, which shouldn't be an issue considering how long I've been agonizing over the configurator...but at the last minute I think I'm adding the alcantara sun visors (and have to add the light package to get them). Also thinking of swapping the dark anodized aluminum for the regular. I also need to decide on European Delivery now as I can get a late Oct/early Nov ED, but from what I'm hearing that timeframe is hit or miss.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:38 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by switchface
For those asking my SA told me my order was accepted w/LWB and that I have a delivery date of Nov 27th. I need to confirm my order this weekend, which shouldn't be an issue considering how long I've been agonizing over the configurator...but at the last minute I think I'm adding the alcantara sun visors (and have to add the light package to get them). Also thinking of swapping the dark anodized aluminum for the regular. I also need to decide on European Delivery now as I can get a late Oct/early Nov ED, but from what I'm hearing that timeframe is hit or miss.
If you haven't already, check out this thread to help decide on the black aluminum: https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/8825...or-choice.html.

If you want dark trim, I'd go with the Leather Interior package personally. The black aluminum is so dark relative to the leather above and Alcantara below that it's almost even more conspicuous than the regular aluminum.

Last edited by jphughan; 07-11-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:58 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
If you haven't already, check out this thread to help decide on the black aluminum: https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/8825...or-choice.html.

If you want dark trim, I'd go with the Leather Interior package personally. The black aluminum is so dark relative to the leather above and Alcantara below that it's almost even more conspicuous than the regular aluminum.
Yup, its that thread that is making me change my mind. In a vacuum the black aluminum is nice, but it seems to not mesh well with the alcantara and leather for some reason. I'm trying to find some videos of the interior to provide a better showcase of it, but I'm thinking of swapping back to normal.

When you say "Leather Interior package" are you referring to specc'ing leather in place of the alumunim trim? I would think that's too heavy of a look.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:10 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by switchface
When you say "Leather Interior package" are you referring to specc'ing leather in place of the alumunim trim? I would think that's too heavy of a look.
Yes, the Leather Interior Package gives you trim in leather. I agree it's a bit on the heavy side and I wouldn't get it myself, but I mentioned it in case you wanted something that was dark without being "glaringly" dark and that would likely be less prone to reveal scratches than black aluminum. Good luck with your decision!

Quick Reply: LWB supply getting better?