Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015 | 09:20 PM
katmeho
Pro

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
I may get flamed here but I think you made the correct decision
Regards
Ed
I agree. And did the exact same thing today with my allocation. November track days are going to be awesome.
Old 05-19-2015 | 10:02 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by consolidated
Your golden. I have a set too, but they're in an RS. May need to pull those out and put the stockers back in. Will the GT2 carbon buckets plug in?
I'll be totally golden once I get that allocation call from my midwestern dealer. A few people told me that the 997 GT2 buckets are plug-n-play on the 981 cars (including the GT4).
Old 05-19-2015 | 10:52 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Wow you're missing the point, so let me make it clear. Likely, the only reason you got on a list this late to begin with was because of the issue that is occurring with LWBs, which is causing allocations to move around and some dealers to magically get some new ones for sales success. If this had not happened, you'd probably be SOL entirely. You're whining about a problem that you're lucky to even have, given how late to the game you are. There are likely plenty of people who've been on lists for a few months, who are so far down their list that they aren't confident they're even getting a car, who would/will gladly trade places with you.

I wish you the best of luck, but I'd recommend you think long and hard about whether the seats are enough to pass on this car. Porsche makes some awfully good sport seats.
I cannot for the life of me understand why he does not get this.
Old 05-19-2015 | 10:58 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'll be totally golden once I get that allocation call from my midwestern dealer. A few people told me that the 997 GT2 buckets are plug-n-play on the 981 cars (including the GT4).
Driver side is plug and play. Passenger side is a bit complicated
Old 05-20-2015 | 02:42 PM
mm1
Pro

TTIWWP.

Old 05-20-2015 | 03:26 PM
user1029
Drifting

Originally Posted by mm1
TTIWWP.

Old 05-22-2015 | 04:24 AM
zmon
Rennlist Member

what a frustrating read, but good info... i guess hah.

i am from small town VA and was #2 on the list there, i think the sales manager saw the writing on the wall that he was not going to be able to get one of these or definitely not two, so he hooked me up with a SA that used to work in VA who now works up in NYC.

I think i am one of the "lucky"/very unlucky buyers as i have a car that is 220 and has a projected finish date of 7/3 but i was forced to get the 18 way.

I kept the build and was going to have EU delivery as i am currently living in Sweden, but that got ****ed as well because I was offered a cancellation slot on the 6th and by time i thought for one hour hah and had a chance to get back to dealer while at work my car switched to 220 and then got the 7/3 date and was too late to keep the 6th as the 3rd is too close.

at this point i just want to buy the LWB. can any of you experienced porsche folks tell me how this is going to go at the dealer? i was going to try when i was in DE for delivery, but thats not happening anymore. My feeling is that it will be impossible, and as we have already seen in this thread, private folks are going to be gauging! (and rightfully so i guess, i do have the non US offered sport seats in my RS4, so i know a little about the game).

anyways i was one of the folks that got the 18 way or nothing phone call from the dealer as i know i was nowhere on the list there and then magically got a car because of all of this BS. Guess i should be greatfull, but is reallllyyyyy frustrating!!!
Old 05-25-2015 | 11:27 AM
cbdoc
Instructor

So for those being forced out of LWB: 2-way or 18-way is the way to go?
Old 05-26-2015 | 06:49 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

meh, I've got a pair of CGT seats if I want LWB's.....I think I'm going with standard sport seats. This car won't see the track in my possession anyway.

Been there done that with a 100K track car.......miata and "old" cayman for me thank you very much
Old 05-26-2015 | 07:57 PM
nova996
Rennlist Member

So bad news for those of you with "confirmed" V200 status LWB orders. Today I found out my order was pulled forward again to end of July (still delayed compared to original date), but I can't have the LWBs. They (Porsche) automatically changed the order to 2-ways and emailed the dealer that this was done. Again, this order was V200 back in March with LWB's. This is frustrating since it seems almost every single car I see delivered in EU on various forums has the LWB's. So we know the seats exist and are being made in some volume.

So a few weeks ago I was given the choice of (1) take a delay in production or (2) take the std seats. Today I found out I actually get both the delay AND the std seats. Not cool!

It's hard for me to drop $100k and not get exactly what I spec'ed. For me that's kind of the whole point of paying $$ for a brand new car spec'ed to you. I love the other cars I've ordered over the years that were exactly what I dreamed up from the brochures and configurator(s). There is something very special about that.

So even though I said I wouldn't pass on a car without LWBs (easier to say when I actually had the LWBs ), I'm going to pass on this allocation. We'll see how things look in the fall or winter. Someone on the list who doesn't mind the std seats (or 18s) will be getting a happy call this evening. Good for him/her!
Old 05-26-2015 | 08:09 PM
GTautoDesign
Instructor

Good for you nova, a lot of us say this, that , and the other but as you read these threads more often than not people are still taking non LWBs rather than sticking to their original claims. I hope that I don't have to make that decision seeing as I'm #3 in line and hopefully the debacle is resolved by the time my number is called.
I think I read in the GT3 section that the supplier is only able to produce 5 seats a week which is borderline adequate(2 seats per car = 2.5 cars per week)

Last edited by GTautoDesign; 05-27-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-26-2015 | 09:34 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nova996
So bad news for those of you with "confirmed" V200 status LWB orders. Today I found out my order was pulled forward again to end of July (still delayed compared to original date), but I can't have the LWBs. They (Porsche) automatically changed the order to 2-ways and emailed the dealer that this was done. Again, this order was V200 back in March with LWB's.
That is interesting that Porsche automatically switched seats and notified the dealer and you after the fact.
Old 05-30-2015 | 06:38 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Just to add a but of data here on LWB. I ended up at V200 with a Sep delivery, and of course no LWB seat option. I pushed back on my dealer to see if I could delay the order.

What he finally came back to me is this. There is a guy who has a Jan delivery, and has LWB confirmed. But he wants his car sooner. So my dealer is going to ask this guy if he would trade with me. Going to find out next week what he wants to do. I am not 100% sure I even want to take the deal, but I am 99%.

I really want LWB.
Old 05-31-2015 | 08:11 AM
acey81
Racer

Will Porsche do anything to compensate for the lack of LWBs? Additional discount, 18-way at no cost, something? Or do they basically say "you should be happy we are selling you one, take it or leave it"?
Old 05-31-2015 | 08:49 AM
asamhall
Instructor

Originally Posted by acey81
Will Porsche do anything to compensate for the lack of LWBs? Additional discount, 18-way at no cost, something? Or do they basically say "you should be happy we are selling you one, take it or leave it"?
Two of my track buddies have informed me they were given allocations for the gt4 without the LWB. I believe these were additional allocations from the April sales contest. They informed me that they asked the dealer for a discount or ability to buy the lwb from the parts dept at the new car msrp of $4370?, but were shot down. Basically take it or leave it, we have others who want an allocation.

Quick Reply: Porsche: If you want LWB, you cannot have the car