Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Porsche: If you want LWB, you cannot have the car

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 02:36 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

This guy should run out and go play the lottery !!!
Holy crap talk about stepping in $hit !!!
Old 06-02-2015, 02:40 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,077 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Hmmm, I better call my smaller midwest dealer and check on my GT4 allocation.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:11 AM
user1029
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by csbear
Is Arlington beating Tysons at their own game?

User, are you up next or what? I can't wait till you get your allocation! Sorry, been drinking a couple of strong ales tonight.
Yup I'm next I just need a staunch purist to finally waver and give up their allocation due to lack of LWBs ahead of me and everything will be hunky dory

(I know you're out there on rennlist reading this message, Chris Harris says the GT4 is a castrated car without LWBs)

I'm on call fml...
Old 06-02-2015, 03:16 AM
user1029
Drifting

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
This guy should run out and go play the lottery !!!
Holy crap talk about stepping in $hit !!!
Only good Karma can explain what happened. Must have been Soupy's years of altruism rescuing stray cats or something along those lines
Old 06-02-2015, 04:03 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by user1029
Only good Karma can explain what happened. Must have been Soupy's years of altruism rescuing stray cats or something along those lines
ROTFLMAO!!!
Old 06-02-2015, 09:05 AM
realdrray
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by soupy
Well, this LWB shortage worked out for me who wasn't on any waitlist. I literally walked into the dealership and bought it with minimal effort. My dealer was actually advertising that they had one more allocation left and I immediately dropped by today and put a deposit to lock it. It's a July build for a Sept delivery where the previous buyer backed out from the lack of LWBs. This LWB business is so serious that on my paperwork I even had to initial on a line that stated "NO BUCKET SEATS"
yup, that was the #1 spot at arlington, he backed out after no LWB's and the dealer wasn't able to/didnt want to push the allocation back. i was actually #2 also with a july build but had the option of switching with #3 who has an october build in the hopes of getting the LWB's, lots of people are either dropping off or waiting for LWB's including myself.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:45 AM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup I'm next I just need a staunch purist to finally waver and give up their allocation due to lack of LWBs ahead of me and everything will be hunky dory

(I know you're out there on rennlist reading this message, Chris Harris says the GT4 is a castrated car without LWBs)

I'm on call fml...
Haha! ....Love it!

I would have loved the buckets, but at least now I have some decent weather months to drive. Personally, I am not a purist just yet, even though I will be tracking it. However, I am pretty sure whatever my next GT car will be, I will be more cognizant of these supplier issues in the future.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:59 AM
soupy
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

Nope, probably more of my increased malevolence of suicidal deer
Old 06-02-2015, 03:55 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gmaki
Just to add a but of data here on LWB. I ended up at V200 with a Sep delivery, and of course no LWB seat option. I pushed back on my dealer to see if I could delay the order.

What he finally came back to me is this. There is a guy who has a Jan delivery, and has LWB confirmed. But he wants his car sooner. So my dealer is going to ask this guy if he would trade with me. Going to find out next week what he wants to do. I am not 100% sure I even want to take the deal, but I am 99%.

I really want LWB.
Well, the other guy does not want to swap with me

My Build locks tomorrow, delivery date is 9-18.

Here we go!
Old 06-03-2015, 05:13 AM
FCH80
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys

I am new to Rennlist, let me do a quick introduction: after owning several Porsche and just selling my 6 month old GTS to put an deposit on the GT4 (early February), i got the confirmed allocation for the month of August that got pushed till September as i am insisting on the LWB (this option is essential for me and for my track days...). However i have a question that might seem stupid but you might enlighten me with your experience. Why since Porsche is short on the Full bucket seat cant they provide on the GT4 the sport bucket seat as an alternative or its the same supplier? (attached you will find the Sport bucket seat option that is offered on the gt3, gt3rs, carrera and even on the regular cayman, but not on the gt4)
Old 06-03-2015, 06:03 AM
acey81
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by FCH80
Hi Guys

I am new to Rennlist, let me do a quick introduction: after owning several Porsche and just selling my 6 month old GTS to put an deposit on the GT4 (early February), i got the confirmed allocation for the month of August that got pushed till September as i am insisting on the LWB (this option is essential for me and for my track days...). However i have a question that might seem stupid but you might enlighten me with your experience. Why since Porsche is short on the Full bucket seat cant they provide on the GT4 the sport bucket seat as an alternative or its the same supplier? (attached you will find the Sport bucket seat option that is offered on the gt3, gt3rs, carrera and even on the regular cayman, but not on the gt4)
It is a very good question that many have been asking. Especially in Europe where a bucket seat is essential to the Clubsport package which I think a majority of orders are specified with.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:46 AM
user1029
Drifting

Originally Posted by soupy
Nope, probably more of my increased malevolence of suicidal deer
I hope the exhaust on this car will scare deer away from me and not be misconstrued as a mating call to them...
Old 06-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FCH80
Hi Guys

From what I gathered I thought the seat on the far right is the old seat version that actually allows rear access and folds forward ? I didn't think that seat was being made anymore ? But that is pure speculation on my part ??
Old 06-03-2015, 12:14 PM
realdrray
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I gathered I thought the seat on the far right is the old seat version that actually allows rear access and folds forward ? I didn't think that seat was being made anymore ? But that is pure speculation on my part ??
i believe you are correct, the far right was originally designed for the GT2 and includes thorax airbags, supposedly one of the best seats ever made but what's optioned on the GT4 (gt3, gt3rs, 918)is the fixed back on the far left.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:44 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Correct, the seat on the right is the 2nd Generation bucket with the folding back. The first generation was the "cobra head" seats found in the 996 GT3.

Anyway, it seems that there were passenger weight requirements for the airbag sensor in the USA that required changes to the seat. This is what I've read in other sections of this forum. So rather than re-certify the old seat with new sensors, Porsche just went ahead with certification of the new seat.

Quick Reply: Porsche: If you want LWB, you cannot have the car